What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What the hell happened to my plant?

Talonted

looks like you let it dry out, cuttings and seedlings want extra humidity. Dont keep the soil soaked either. Maybe dont feed/water so often. everyone says to feed 2 times a week but depending on what lighting you are using, your pots may not be drying out fast enough before the next feed/watering.

As a seedling i would want to have the soil mildly damp all the way through and make sure you're misting water on them 2 or 3 times a day, morning, noon and night sorta thing. Also Babies are very sensitive to temperature fluxuations so day or night, try to keep your temps between 5-10 degrees.

Keep temp steady
dont over water
keep air moving

and they'll grow faster than normal.

PS: Very important for you people not watching the PH levels. Boil your feed water (if you dont have a filtration system) a day in advance and let it sit in the grow room area if you have room. cause keeping your roots the same temp as the atmosphere will prove benificial aswell. you dont want to be shocking nice warm humble plants with cold tap water as its just more stress. maybe we should try feeding these damn things anti-depressants since all they do is stress out over everything!! haha

Cheers

Dont mix your meals and then boil though lol. Boiling Tap water for 10 minutes and then letting it sit to cool shows an even 6.5 almost every time i test it.

But always remember, these are weeds you are growing and if you baby them too much they'll get sick easier

B

beekler

PS: Very important for you people not watching the PH levels. Boil your feed water (if you dont have a filtration system) a day in advance and let it sit in the grow room area if you have room.

do you mean bubble with an airstone or actually boil it on the stovetop?

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
is that a co2 container?...wow, it's a little too young for co2 I think.

the fan is kinda too close. is that a molotov humidifier or something made with a shamwow?
Looks like an old computer hard drive case and the holes stuffed up with something like Billy Mays used to sell on TV....Amazing Putty..........seriously though....Dude needs to re-think everything!...and invest more than $10.00 if you want to try this gig out.

Talonted

is that a co2 container?...wow, it's a little too young for co2 I think.

the fan is kinda too close. is that a molotov humidifier or something made with a shamwow?

Never too early for Co2, If you're paying by the bottle of it then ya its a waste but it will cut stress down during transplanting and force flowering aswell as help the photo periods

After having a look at all his gadgets in his little box there, he has everything, so it may have just been overwatering, and dont feed a plant anything when its a young cutting or seed unless its like 1 drop of veg formula in a spray bottle.

Talonted

PS: Very important for you people not watching the PH levels. Boil your feed water (if you dont have a filtration system) a day in advance and let it sit in the grow room area if you have room.

do you mean bubble with an airstone or actually boil it on the stovetop?

Ya just boil it over the stove, when you boil water its kinda doing the same thing as distiling the water only not as succesfull with extracting all the metals commonly found in tap water. its just a safegaurd when you're not using any meters.

Talonted

Looks like an old computer hard drive case and the holes stuffed up with something like Billy Mays used to sell on TV....Amazing Putty..........seriously though....Dude needs to re-think everything!...and invest more than $10.00 if you want to try this gig out.

I think what he has here is awsome for the guy who's sick of spending pocket change on his stash every couple weeks, Organic Co2, Humidity activator, fan and CFL's.

I say just small improvements is all he needs. dont water too much and maybe face that fan outwards towards a vent inside the Computer tower so its exausting old Co2 and o2 cause you dont want any stale air hangin around, also in such a small space you wont need a fan on the plant just yet so the exhaust will work well pulling air past the leaves.

Buy a thermostat that reads humidity, my advice. oh and use PEATMOSS and perlite type growing mediums as they dispell the right amount of moisture

aminem

ok that thing with the shamchwow or how you call it i use it to increase humidity a i still live with my parrents and the wont allow me grow mariuhana so i had to put it into a PC case and im only doing this to make clones for outdoor

and yesterday i wanted to buy a humiditymeter but they didnt have one

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
ok that thing with the shamchwow or how you call it i use it to increase humidity a i still live with my parrents and the wont allow me grow mariuhana so i had to put it into a PC case and im only doing this to make clones for outdoor

and yesterday i wanted to buy a humiditymeter but they didnt have one
Dude..........just start over. You can't grow herb in the same house as your parents,they will find it! Get rid of all that shit,go buy a bag of seedling potting mix at the hardware store,transplant into a regular garden pot,and water LIGHTLY. Next, get a nice bushy plant at the garden center that you can stick next to the seedling to conceal it. Stick them both in a window right next to each other where no one from the street or your parents will see it,keep the room warm 80 degrees max.. Don't water until the soil is 90% dry. Top it to keep it from getting tall,don't spend all your time looking at it wondering how you can help it,leave it alone and let it do it's thing for at least a couple weeks before checking to see if it MAY need water. When spring comes,take it out and find a hidden spot to plant it................During the rest of winter educate yourself on how to grow outdoors.

Ickis

Veteran
This grow has potential and has a nice ghetto DIY appeal. Parents house is iffy at best but I will just ignore that and offer up a suggestion.

You have a tiny seedling next to a fan. Now it might be a small computer fan to most but in your setup next to a seedling it is a huge freakin fan. If you have it positioned so the air flow is away from the plant it is drawing very hot cfl ballast heat right on your seedling then that hot air just circulates around and warms everything up. So you have a flame broiled seedling in a mini oven. If you have the fan airflow pointing at the seedling it is too forceful and stresses a tiny seedling with regular air but this is oven warm air to boot. Hot air or cool air will dehydrate a young seedling when it is too much. It will any plant for that matter. That fan to that seedling is equivalent to raising a new born baby behind a swamp fan boat.

Mount the fan in the square space on the right upper side where the carboard is covering on the outside. That way it will pull the ballast heat right out and keep it at the upper level of the grow space. Too make this flow even better block every other hole on the right side so it can't draw air on that side. Air takes the shortest route so if there is a hole on the bottom right it will draw air in there and straight up to the fan and not around the seedling. So block the right side except for the fan hole blowing out. Then on the left side close up all the upper half holes. Let the air come in from the lower holes you sealed with goop. Now the air will enter on the lower left and go across the plant and up and out the fan.

You need to have proper airflow and temperature before you can start a grow. Then do what others have said about seedling care. Your leaves are pointing up and some are dried brown and that is from heat and poor air circulation.

Good Luck!

Janeymac

Dont need to feed till it's in the final pot and has filled out
Fan is way too close as per last post
Co2 unnecessary

Good luck and god speed

The fan is way too close. It looks like windburn to me. Never face your fan directly at your plants unless it's across the room.
Also, I don't think you'll be able to get the plant big enough to take clones in a PC case.

Really, honestly, you can't grow weed at your parents house. I found out the hard way, and I put way more money/time into my closet grow than you have and they still found it immediately.

Besides being disrespectful, it can put them at serious risk.
If you get busted and the cops believe that your parents could have known about it, they can get charged with cultivation too. You'd possibly end up in a foster home at best if you're under 18. You may go to jail. Then who'd bail you out?
BTW I'm only 24. I moved out when I was 18, then moved back in for 2 years when I was 19. Now I'm back out and running a real full time grow house.

My recommendation: start another seed (when you see problems this early on they almost never come back), besides it's a no-name probably bagseed anyway, right? Just start another one, grow it for at most 1 week at home (if the cops come you can just destroy it). Make sure you use high quality soil or it's gonna take a lot longer than that. Once the plant is healthy enough to make it outside, immediately transplant it to your location, and put a small cage on it to prevent anything from eating it.

You should replace the ground dirt with some high quality soil and perlite. Otherwise you're pissing in the wind.

Don't start feeding it until a week after you put it outside (always wait a week after transplant to feed anything).

One more thing: that fan inside your PC case would be better off mounted the way it probably was originally. Use it to push air out of your grow case. CO2 and the humidity rag aren't going to make a difference in this stage of growth. All you need is fresh air, even air from the room, and your plant will thrive.

aminem

it's not a bagseed , its a noname seed from a noname hermafrodit outdoor(2009)plant and its the only one seed that i still have , yes now im uding the fan to push out the hot air ,

nnep

Well the first thing you need to do, is pack up all your stuff, and get out of your parents house. Don't be stupid man, you're putting their job, home, and practically life in jeopardy while they are putting a roof over your head in return.

Not cool at all.

aminem

i cant JUST SIMPLE GET AWAY FROM MY HOUSE where the hell should i live then?? and one more question: should i use 18/6 period or 16/8 period?? :D

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Well the first thing you need to do, is pack up all your stuff, and get out of your parents house. Don't be stupid man, you're putting their job, home, and practically life in jeopardy while they are putting a roof over your head in return.

Not cool at all.

are you serious? for that one little plant if you can call it a plant?
that thing is like a bean sprout cops won't even know what it is....:mopper: and just say to their cop buddies False alarm.