What's new

what the f%ck happened to these seedlings?

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
Your plants have wet feet and they are getting trench foot. They are pulling their toes out of the mud and trying to dry them in the sun. Mix some dry soil in the bag to help them out.

agree with this bit of info :yes:....you soil will be that compact with the waterlogging and your plants will be pushing itself out as the soil as its to wet/compact....you plant does not want to be in there...

p.s when you replant them make sure to burry them deep anuff. but make sure your soil is not as wet or the stem will rot when you burry them again.....its either that or some1 is fucking with ya a pulling them out

(i still cant see it being a animal of some sort)

keep it green
highlander

Rudedewd

Birds could pull up plants without disturbing the soil but I think they would have taken the seedlings. A couple years ago I started a few tomato plants from seed and put them out on my fire escape, next time that I looked at them I had nothing but empty pots. There wasn't any sign of disturbence in the soil but there wasn't any sign of my tomato plants either. If it was a critter at least a couple of the seedlings would be either missing or damaged I would think.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Your plants have wet feet and they are getting trench foot. They are pulling their toes out of the mud and trying to dry them in the sun. Mix some dry soil in the bag to help them out.

ive never heard of a plant climbing out of soil in one day even if the roots are pushing against compact soil. in fact that doesnt even make sense, but ill go along with it. usually when the roots push against something they just go in another direction to get around it. like you know when you have rocks and perlite in your soil, the roots dont push against it they go around. but whatever maybe plants can walk and you're right.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Soil that doesn't drain well can get wetter than the saturation point. This is what I call a milkshake. This has happened to me indoors, no rain, no critters, etc. Pops is right. Trench foot is a good analogy to this problem, better than immaculate extraction lol.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
nah thats too much water. it turned your soil to slurry and the plant floated out of the mud and to the top. case closed. that;ll be 1 gram of some good shit plz.

that is what we had concluded in page 1 of this thread, it was theHIGHlander that explained it, but the thing is that the same thing happened while the soil had perfect humidty...

just read the thread guys, it will clear many points.

so far the best explanation has been birds with soft peaks and the ability to pull the seedling out of the soil without damaging the roots... or motherfucking goblins lol...

peace

Weedninja

It's the DEA man. They're pissed 'cause they got thrown out of Bolivia, so they're running around messing with stoners.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Sorry to hear of your mystery Paz, I'm going with the gobblin/elves explanation. I hear the best way to treat an elf infestation is to leave leather, thread and hammers out, although you do end up snowed under with shoes :)

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sticking with my original opinion. Water did it. I wasn't there, and for a while PVR wasn't there. We're hearing one side, and as we all know, there's 3 sides to a story. Don't get me wrong PVR, I'm not calling you a liar, no chance of that. The pic looks so much like water hit that plant in such a way that it brought that plant down and roots up. That soils looks soaking wet.

Colina

Lets forget that he said it happened once in the absence of rain.

It rained so friggen hard that the soil wooped itself up into a slurry, upchucked the plant, and layed it down on its side with not even a portion left buried from this soil slurry. Then, the soil as it drained and recovered from this slurry magically re-aligned itself so that a perfect hole was left where the stalk once was?

ed wood

Ovaltine a crummy commercial
ICMag Donor
ive seen the same thing happen before after a hard rain the stalk can float to the top like that or i have the same troll in my neck of the woods
what hole tho ?

Colina

the bag of soil was completely undisturbed, all you could see was the seedling laying horizontally and a tiny little hole where the stalk used to be, not even turned-over soil around the little hole or anything.
^^ That hole. The hole that one must overlook during the formation of the "slurry theory", hehe.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
what hole are you talking about? all i see is some tiny holes formed by pockets of air near the top of the soil.

Now I moved the seedlings out of the backyard of the abandoned house and brought them to my house,

didnt see this before. sounds like someone wants you to know they know you grow. plants pulled out of soil and laid on top perfectly. someones sending you a message.

Colina

I assume you are directing that question to me Stihgnobevoli? The hole that I am talking about is the hole described in Paz's observations which I quoted above and am less willing to overlook than some of you have while reaching your conclusions.

But lets go ahead and look at that pic for a second, as Paz said, it's worth a thousand words. The first thing that jumps out at me is that the upper half of the stalk is clean while the lower half is dirty. My reasoning for this is that it's because the lower half got pulled up from its home in the soil and took some with it. What is your reasoning for the clean upper and dirty lower of the stalk?

Colina

nah thats too much water. it turned your soil to slurry and the plant floated out of the mud and to the top. case closed. that;ll be 1 gram of some good shit plz.

after the edit:

I see you've moved on to human interuption now and away from your slurry theory. MUCH more believable this new theory. I still say it was a bird, lol - or possibly some other small animal pulling these up in the hopes of finding worms, insects or grubs inhabiting the roots below.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i dont think birds pull up plants looking for bugs attached to the roots. thats reaching really hard buddy, most birds i know of just use their eyes to spot their food then go attack. some, like woodpeckers can use a stick to poke a hole for insects...or was that a chimpanzee? at any rate any animal plucking plants up would be doing it for the purpose of eating. i think someone human pulled your plants up. be careful.

Colina

i dont think birds pull up plants looking for bugs attached to the roots. thats reaching really hard buddy, most birds i know of just use their eyes to spot their food then go attack. some, like woodpeckers can use a stick to poke a hole for insects...or was that a chimpanzee? at any rate any animal plucking plants up would be doing it for the purpose of eating. i think someone human pulled your plants up. be careful.

Lots of animals -including birds- do pull up small plants and not eat them. This is quite easily observed in nature and if you don't want to believe me then try google.

Weedninja

This is entertaining as hell! You guys are like the Sherlock Holmes of weed.

stihgnobevoli said:
didnt see this before. sounds like someone wants you to know they know you grow. plants pulled out of soil and laid on top perfectly. someones sending you a message.
Like I said, it's the DEA.

Colina

Paz said "many more were found like this". He did not say all were found like this. If it was a human's work, do you not think they would have all been found like this? :D