What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What TDS Meter Would You Recommend For Checking PPM of 30 Gallon Reservoir?

MajorGrindage

I dont need anything fancy like a bluelabs, but if you guys think something like a bluelabs guardian is the best then id consider buying one.

Even just a simple TDS pen would be fine with me, i just want to make sure i get a brand/model that has been proven to give accurate reading.

I have heard Apera makes good pens, but there are so many model numbers im not sure which one to get.

Thanks in advance for any help, it is much appreciated!

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
same here, bluelab for the win...good price on a great item...my pH pen is at least 8 years old and no issues...

MajorGrindage

I've always liked blue lab's truncheon stick. Mine has to be pushing 15 years old and works great.
I went ahead and bought one of the truncheons.

I have 2 questions for you if you dont mind:

1.Do you clean it regularly, and if so, how? I found this bluelab cleaning kit: https://bluelab.com/usa/bluelab-probe-care-kit-conductivity do you think that is the best option for cleaning it?

2. Do you need to calibrate the truncheon when you get it/every once in a while? Or does it come calibrated and stay calibrated?

Thank you so much for the help! I have confidence the truncheon is going to be a great pen.

MajorGrindage

same here, bluelab for the win...good price on a great item...my pH pen is at least 8 years old and no issues...
I went ahead and bought one of the truncheons.

I have 2 questions for you if you dont mind:

1.Do you clean it regularly, and if so, how? I found this bluelab cleaning kit: https://bluelab.com/usa/bluelab-probe-care-kit-conductivity do you think that is the best option for cleaning it?

2. Do you need to calibrate the truncheon when you get it/every once in a while? Or does it come calibrated and stay calibrated?

Thank you so much for the help! I have confidence the truncheon is going to be a great pen.

Rakkasan

No need to calibrate Truncheon stick. They recommend cleaning it once a month but I just rinse under cold tap water after each use. It has always been fine.

Latest posts

Latest posts