What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What strains have you seen hit >10 lbs?

Dog Star

Veteran
17 pounds...

Was ask myself what is a record in yield that can be pulled from only one plant??

17 pounds is 7.7 Kg,thats amazing numbers for one plant..

All the best

B

BAKED_BEANZ

17 pounds...

Was ask myself what is a record in yield that can be pulled from only one plant??

All the best

sorry dog star , i was just joking mate .......

consistency means more than numbers .... the better consistency the better the numbers anyway .imo . one day i,ll get there

PDX Dopesmoker

17 pounds...

All the best

This is the biggest one I've seen anyone claim in terms of weight:
Iy0P5KW.jpg

OM3nlnP.jpg

I think we can do a lb easy up here, if we put out a 3-4 ft plant early spring like some do down south.

If we can get them to finish properly before the snow. :biggrin:

Cheers GG

Its easy to do multiple pound plants in canada anyone who cant needs to try a different method than what they do because its not hard. My buddy hauled 4 pounds off a forum cut in saskatoon area

Its easy to do multiple pound plants in canada anyone who cant needs to try a different method than what they do because its not hard. My buddy hauled 4 pounds off a forum cut in saskatoon area

Lmao. So the weathers the same all across Canada, eh?

You might wanna reread how far up north the guy claiming he can't get a pound outdoors lives/grows

I'm in Ontario, close to a major city and it's fkn shocking how many people I run into that don't realize how big Ontario is and how much harsher the winters are up north. Go try and grow in thunder Bay, which isn't even close to as far north as the province goes, and see if you can get more than a few ounces per plant

Better yet, go try growing outside in Nunavut

Sorry but the remark of

"I think *anyone* can grow pound plants in canada" is very silly given how big canada is and how much the weather differs province to province

To answer ops question, Blue Dream seems like you can feed it cat piss and human shit and it'll still yield like a mutha outside

You might wanna reread how far up north the guy claiming he can't get a pound outdoors lives/grows

I'm in Ontario, close to a major city and it's fkn shocking how many people I run into that don't realize how big Ontario is and how much harsher the winters are up north. Go try and grow in thunder Bay, which isn't even close to as far north as the province goes, and see if you can get more than a few ounces per plant

Sorry but the remark of

"It's easy to grow pound plants in canada and anyone can do it and if you can't your just as bad grower" is very silly and staight up rude to the northern growers given how big canada is and how much the weather differs province to province

To answer ops question, Blue Dream seems like you can feed it cat piss and human shit and it'll still yield like a mutha outside

EDIT had 2 edit my post regarding buddies remark on how easy it is to grow pound plants in canada

Junk

High yields aren't everything but for some of us they're a fun goal and a benchmark for our proficiency at growing.

I haven't seen a straightforward list of high yielding genetics. This may be a poorly formed question actually because of how much 'ease of growing' might have to do with it. Does Blue Dream hit double digits because it's extremely forgiving, or because it's miles ahead in genetic vigor? These discussions are welcome, too.

Along with strain name, any relevant notes or photos would be great. Eg, yield, seed or clone, source, quality, flowering time, sativa or indica dominant, phenotype, soil volume, hours of direct sunlight, etc.

I'm hydro and co2 so, we might not be talking about the same sort of yield, but Grape OG I do really well with. Fans are as big as my head, top colas are massive. Not Blue Dream massive, but quite respectable. Shark Shock was the highest yielding I've ever grown, but I'm not a fan of the product. I love Grape OG

Inside with low height, you are tying it down every day. Outside, it would get large quickly. You guys are getting 10# plus from a single plant?!!?!

Grape OG pics. You need to look at the first one, to understand the size of the second one.

Attachments

• 20160112_095520.jpg
    20160112_095520.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20160121_113445.jpg
    20160121_113445.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 12

Sorry but the remark of

"I think *anyone* can grow pound plants in canada" is very silly given how big canada is and how much the weather differs province to province

Uh i happen to know where the grower gorilla ganja was repplying to is, hes not that far north.

Besides, you want to grow a pound plant you can do it anywhere in canada im sorry but ever hear of a hoop house? Light dep up north works well. Ive seen it in person northern alberta border...

Sorry ill rephrase that, anyone with skill and the ability to read this forum can hit 1 pound a plant easy anywhere outside of the arctic. There happy? Sorry i didnt account for the fucking arctic circle i was refering to the parts of canada people acrually habitate.

I could grow a pound plant with any decent yield cut in any province in canada. The teritories well if we are talking about where plants actually wil survive, yeah i could do pound plants there too.

A buddy just hauled 5 pounds off a outdoor OG Kush in drumheller. The season there is not amazing and OG is not a great yielder. What did he do? Vegged it big inside then tossed out a 4' tall bush. You want big yields grow big plants.

As far as blue dream its trash who wamts big yields of garvage. Grab a chem 4 cut you will be yielding pounds of weed worth smoking...

So anyway, sorry i wasnt specific enough, but really, anyone can do a pound plant south of the arctic circle...

master kusher

IMO when I've came across blue dream sourced out of cali. and this did happen lol. I thought it was a bit airy but will never forget that iconic blue dream smell.(although i think if it was crossed with the ogre it'd be a nice cross for yield and affects. personally I think that there are plenty of strains available that can and will end up hitting 5 pounds, but a shortage of growers that can utilize the genetics. I know from experience that strains planted in the ground in april without much care or attention will probably go upwards of 2 pounds that same strain fed nutrients such as liquid fish emulsion and watered every other day in sunny weather very well could go upwards of 5...I wouldn't be surprised.

EasyGoing

My largest ever was 15 lbs. 12 lbs of bigs, 3 lbs of littles and a pound of bho from one plant. Ancient Og.
I have hit 8 lbs with GSC. I think 10 lbs is possible with almost any strain if done right. Proper veg time, ext ext. Would take a ton of effort, but any plant started in Feb and grown correctly will yield close to 10lbs IMO.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Im taking a green stemmed and purple stemmed Ancient OG F2 Males and hitting Blue Dream for outdoor seeds.
Also hitting Diesel Fire = ECSD x Fire OG , LongValleyRoyalKush x Black Lime Reserve, and FireStorm... with AOG f2 pollin.

'Boogieman'

What are everyone's opinions on large plants and potency? Does anyone find that huge plants tend to be less potent?

brown_thumb

What are everyone's opinions on large plants and potency? Does anyone find that huge plants tend to be less potent?

I had several plants lollipop (several different phenos). The fragrance was different from those which grew normally... much more peppery. The smoking effect was significantly more intense too. But that's just a one time observation that probably means nothing.

JOJO420

Veteran
Saw a Chimera Mental Floss plant go 11 + years ago, was insane.
Too bad we cannot get those anymore :(

PDX Dopesmoker

Could be last year all my big plants were just poor phenos, the smaller plants of the same strain we're noticably more potent than the bigger plants all started from seed.

How much did you defoliate the big plants? Cleaning up a big one for flowering can take forever. My little ones are nicely manicured, even that took a while.

'Boogieman'

How much did you defoliate the big plants? Cleaning up a big one for flowering can take forever. My little ones are nicely manicured, even that took a while.

Honestly I hardly ever defoliate my plants, I trim the bottoms out but never trimmed higher up. Does this really make a difference? I imagine sativa's with thin leaves don't need trimmed like an indica dominant correct?