What's new

What strains do you consider elite(seed form)?

Americangrower

Veteran
I can't believe I'm typing this...but Rez Sour Diesel ibl is by far the best choice. Every pack will give your at least 1 great mom. As long as some late flower pollenless nana's don't bother your. The smoke is very ELITE... :joint: :rasta:

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
so 2 people mention sour D and super silver haze... why not get sour super silver haze diesel, better known as sssdh? i've seen that around here somewhere. liking the list.

UmphreyMcgee420

Heady Connoisseur
Veteran
check ojd and dr longbottom amongst others for some phenomenal pictures of sssdh. just search it and bust out your drool cups.

hopefully the parent stock rez uses on the next batch sssdh is like the previous release.

Blue Satellite #1
Schnazzleberry #1
Blue Heaven
Flo

All of those have been just as good or better than most of the over-hyped clone only plants that I've tried.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
which flo 1969? can you still get shnazz #1 at all? anything different compared to #2, much good things said about #2 and haven't heard much bout #1?

G

Id buy from

Sensi Seeds - black domina or g13xhashplant
Mr Nice - black widow
Paradise - Sensi star

G

DP Flo is their best creation IMO,blows bluberry away in potency.After growing out at least 15 strains blockhead is still my favorite with rez sour D just as yummy but too long to flower.Biggest disappointments were TH seeds Hog and DJ Short bluberry.Other good strains Sagarmatha Yumbolt.For fem seeds female seeds NL blows DP away in my experience,their ice is some strong erb.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had good experience with Nebula from Paradise. Great high (unique and hard to describe) good yielder also.

skar

steve (spice of life) got some killer seedline where can be found elite mums. It would be my first choice to find my graal at the moment.

SEEDWHORE

Some reviews

Some reviews

Here is a grow report a good friend of mine sent me, I’m passing it along with her permission:

Strains grown:
AK 47
Sour Diesel
Satori
Hashberry
C99 X Blackberry
G13 X Hash Plant X Orange Crush
Arjon’s Haze #1
Kali Mist
Blueberry (DP)

Conditions:
Grown in soil. I began flowering 22 days after seeds went in the ground. Plants were 5-8 inches high when 12/12 started. I didn’t use any ferts during the short veg cycle since I’d planted in Ocean Farm. During flower, I used PBP and Liquid Karma in PH balanced water. I finished the last two weeks with PH balanced sugar water only (molasses). Grown under a 1000 watt HPS light. Temp 75 and humidity 45%.

Keep in mind, this experiment was to keep all plants under 40” in height, hence the short veg. time. Indicas were allowed to grow naturally; Sativas were bent over and trained during flower. Following Mandala Mike’s advice, I let all his Mandala plants keep all their limbs. Other plants were split between aggressively pruning off the undergrowth, and letting it grow. Conclusion - The plants that were aggressively pruned produced a better yield and were easier to trim.

Caveat – I only grew one of many of these strains, two on a couple. On the strains that I grew two, the two were sometimes quite a bit different from one another. So this test is VERY limited, but I thought I’d report anyway.
Yield – best to worst:

Arjan's Haze #1 (1.2 oz per plant)
Satori
Sour Diesel IBL
Kali - Mist
C99 X Blackberry
G13 / Orange Crush / HP
Hashberry
AK47
Ice Widow
Blueberry (.4 oz per plant)

Flower Time –Fastest to Slowest (shown in weeks)
8 G13 / Orange Crush / HP
8.5 AK47
8.5 Blueberry
9 C99 X Blackberry
9 Hashberry
9.5 Satori
9.5 Kali - Mist
10 Ice Widow
10.5 Sour Diesal IBL
13 Arjan's Haze #1

Most Tric’ed out:

G13 / Orange Crush / HP
Hashberry
AK47
C99 X Blackberry
Kali - Mist
Sour Diesel IBL
Satori
Arjan's Haze #1
Blueberry
Ice Widow

Overall Best after curing and tasting:

Tied for first:

G13 / HP / Orange Krush by Gypsy Nirvana
Sour Diesel by REZ

Tied for second:

C99 X Blackberry
Kali Mist
AK 47

Tied for third:

Arjon’s Haze #1
Blueberry

Tied for fourth:
Hashberry
Satori

Comments on strains (best to worst):

G13 / HP / Orange Krush By Gypsy Nirvana

This stuff is fantastic. It is a smooth smoke, tastes sweet, strong buzz but not a knockout high. While the yield was predictably low for this type of indica, everything else about this plant was #1. The price - $54 for 10 seeds. The best bang for the buck of any seeds I’ve used. My wife’s favorite smoke ever.

Sour Diesel by REZ

At the other end of the cost spectrum is Sour diesel, at $160, and in my mind, well worth it. Here’s why.

All the other plants seemed to be a derivative of one another. Sour diesel was the most unique of all the strains. In The Book of Buds it talks about SD being the extreme sport of MJ smoking and I’d have to agree. How do you get a plant to smell and taste like gasoline? It has a powerful buzz, and it looks, smells, and tastes like nothing I’ve ever experienced. WOW.

C99 X Blackberry by Wally Duck
This had a great pineapple, fruity smell, was a good yielder, and is a smooth smoke. Very pleased and again, a great value at 10 / $49

Kali Mist by Serious Seeds

I had two Kalis. One was the best plant in the garden. It was SO heavily tricked, you literally could not see the plant underneath anymore. Great smoke, long lasting high. The other was not as good but still above average. Great yield after topping and training. I was told you could put a 4 inch KM into flower and it would grow to 4 feet. It’s true!!

AK47 by Serious Seeds

The AK was the strongest smoke in the garden. This stuff is powerful. Great smell, fast finisher, and a great buzz. Dense, sticky. YUM

Arjon’s Haze #1 by Greenhouse

I loved the smell of this plant, like licorice. It didn’t tric out as much as some others and the smoke is a little too mellow for me. The yield, for being a 13 week plant, was lower than comparable Sativas I’ve grown.

Blueberry by Dutch Passion

Cons: Weird, mutated plant. Funny leaves. Very poor yield.
Pros: A delightful fruity smell and taste, and a pretty sweet buzz.

Hashberry by Mandala

This plant was the star of the garden for the first 4 weeks of flower. In the end, the other plants caught up in trics, and did better with yield. This was a hardy, beautiful plant. But the smoke tasted really bland, like hay.

Satori by Mandala

These didn’t tric out quite as well as some others, but the yield per week of growth was the best in the garden. It was a big ol’ baseball bat of nice looking weed. Unfortunately, like the Hashberry, it smelled and tasted less desirable than anything in the garden.

I just harvested my breeders. I crossed a male Sour Diesel with the the AK47, Sour Diesel, Hashberry, G13, C99 x blackberry, and Kali Mist. I’m considering sending in some of these to the Bay:

Sour Diesel Deluxe
Sour Cindy’s Blackberry
USGA Diesel
AK Diesel
Sour Berry
Sour Kali

That would be nice !!!

G

CityKnightz said:
Personally i think its all about the pheno hunt. Ive had a very special pheno of Nirvana's Ice that people around my way went flat out nuts for. Could have called it any kind of kush, diesel, or bx whatever and nobody would have known the difference.

Just my .02

I AGREE... :joint: :joint: ... the only mum we have kept is a nirvana jock horror... $15 bucks, and it is ass-kickin... we have been keeping this lady going now for 3 years.. in that time we are always on the hunt for better weed... we have tried 4 strains from reef, white russian from serious, a couple of wally's strains, and have wasted (let me say it loud ""WASTED"")much $$$ on rez's offering's... none have equaled our cheap jock...

my conclusion is that spending lots of $$$$ on beans, will not necessary mean better weed...

you gotta look for the special pheno... :joint:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Off the top

Deep Chunk
Strawberry Diesel
Sour Diesel
Kali Mist
White Russian
Blueberry
C99
Blockhead
Love Potion
Apple Pie
Willie Nelson
Sour Cali

REZDOG

Veteran
Cool thread....

I'm fond of C99,myself,and obviously Sour Diesel,and the Chem Family's Chemdog D,Snowdog,& Giesel....Swerve's Romulan Clone's got my attention-very pleasant,even-keeled shizzit....
If I had to start from scratch,well,Mr. Nice Seeds SSH,Serious Seeds,THSeeds,and Sensi Seeds (if you choose well,and like The Classics) are good places to start. Avoid,imo,Dutch Passion,as they,well,suck.
In 2008 I'm going deep into my own work,because of past constraints I haven't been able to run as much,or as many,of my own seedlines as I'd like,and am correcting that,currently.
My plate's stacked so f'ing high with Projects that 24 hours in a day isn't close to enough,that I have time to post (I'm a shitty typist!) amazes me these days....
All righty,back to topic.....

Cheers!

G

Well it depends on what your looking for in an elite. There are many elites that some prefer for taste, some potency, some a nice all-round plant. Very rarely do plant have it all, and all plants have a #1 trait IMHO. For instance you can't beat Sour Diesels smell and taste but if you want less taste more potency, AK-47 will do you justice. If you want a little of both, plus a bonus bag appeal, try DJ shorts true blueberry. I have never tried Kali Mist (not into 100% sativa highs) but its effects are legend, if you want that trippy sativa effect. It all depends but here are my top recommendations;

DJ short
Serious Seeds
Chimera
Spice of Life
Mr.Nice

Piff

Mr Nice and Sensi Seeds are a good bet. The old sensi stock is the best I wouldnt go for any of their new gear. Maple Leaf Indica, Black Domina, First Lady, NL5/Haze, Afghani #1..

Mr Nice SSH always has killer progeny. Critical Mass too. pretty much everything Mr Nice I cant say anything bad about any of his gear.

ograskal

Veteran
Honestly though....If i didnt have any Elite clones myself and had to start over from seeds and only seeds, I would definately go with REZ's Sour Diesel......Even though I cant stand him...LOL!!!!..

H

Habibi

id be lost without clones also, but im definitely a fan of SSH after this run ive had with it. seeds though id go with rez's strawberry diesel i really liked that strain

masterlow37

Veteran
It's Hard To Deny

It's Hard To Deny

ograskal said:
Honestly though....If i didnt have any Elite clones myself and had to start over from seeds and only seeds, I would definately go with REZ's Sour Diesel......Even though I cant stand him...LOL!!!!..
Touche' LOL !!!

DSDiesel (Purple from a fem made DSD seed) just over 3 weeks flowering !

Peace :canabis:

Latest posts

Latest posts