What's new

What strain - What coffeshop

melon

Hi guys,
I will be goin to amsterdam in some time and am planing my trip now, so just wanted to ask you
1) Which coffeshops should i go to ? (give me top5 if you can) and what strains do you reccomend
2) Is it reall worth it going to Tilburg just to get the hash i read about in some other thread? Or can I get some good hash (5g) for a fair price... (if you can please estimate a price for one gram

3)What is the best coffeshops for blueberry ??

Any info appriciated

A

alpinestar

the best coffee shops are the dampkring, the noon, any of the greenhouse shops(not greenhouse effect thats run by someone else), grey area, and homegrown fantasy.

hash is 5 euros and higher a gram depending on what type you get and how much. the cheaper stuff usually sucks, and the really expensive shit (50 euros) is overpriced for what you get

the noon has the best blueberry. its not blue or purple, its green and barely smells like berries, but it has a nice relaxing high thats not very tiring, and the price is cheap, like 6 or 7 euros

have fun!

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Try Barneys, the quality there is very good for Amsterdam (although expensive - which is normal for Amsterdam). Also try the Amnesia at Amnesia. The Bluebird also has an extensive menu..and as someone mentioned in another thread Abraxis is well worth a visit.

EDIT - good luck finding GOOD quality imported hashish. in my opinion it is not for sale in Holland unless you are well connected or well lucky. (coffeeshop hash is mostly expensive and yet rubbish. most of the people buying this hash do not know enough about the product they're buying, subsequently they get ripped off) My biggest worry for the imported hash market is that a smell that we would never go near in the 80s and 90s is now THE most distinguishable smell about most marrocan/blond hash these days "yeah its double zero, mate" :(

this brings us to water/ice extracted Dutch hash. this stuff will blow your face off at 20 paces, HOWEVER it is ridiculously over priced and taste like crap. expect to pay 13-20 euros per gram for this stuff (although it works very well).

melon

And what do you think about these coffeshopps and strains :
"Go to:
-Grey Area
-Green Place
-Dampkring (all 3)
-de Rokerij
-Amnesia (?)

Expensive but excellent is the Caramella from Barneys..Top notch hash if you do not know a hash dealer there..Also the King Hassan and Hassan Extreme from GHUnited and both good at 8 and 10 euros respectfully....
The caremella is 14....But excellent..
Weed there sucks for the most part...

Green Place generally has the best weed and hash.

E.g. Real Cheese (UK clone) and Chocolope - both good smokes.

coffeeshop central is always my first stop when I get to the dam
used to buy old fashioned zero zero hash from there when they had it

King Hassan and Hassan Extreme from Greenhouse United right down from Barneys.(8 and 10 euros respectively)..Most comfotable coffeeshop as well....BLT's are killer and a very good price which is amazing in the Dam...(GHU)

Look for some chocolope from GreenPlace...They may have some 1st grade hash as well....Grey Area besat bet for more quality buds...

Azilla is the heart of the Rif mountains in north morroco. available at the happy feeling coffeeshop, formerly the global chilllage on the kerkstraat.

Amnesia - Hawaiian Haze, a great dreamy sativa. I couldn't smoke much the last time because I had a rising fever all the time, and in the end the cops took it away from me on the German border.

Barneys is good for G13 Haze"

? (the quotes are not mine)

swishaman

Is the Dolphin still open? I remember them having a bubble hash served on a tray of ice, because it would melt at room temperature. I believe it was some type of haze. No idea on quality, but I always wanted to try it... though it was very expensive.

DankSide

I have a thread just a couple down from yours that describes my favorites and
lists most of the good coffeeshops mentioned here, but as far as strains go
look out for
-G13 Haze
-Blue Cheese
-Juicy Fruit
-Amnesia Haze
-Pink Kush

Those would have to be my top 5

P.S. - Everything from Grey Area was awesome, you can't go wrong. (my experience)

melon

and what about the green place, which strains are the best?

SO do all of you agree that the best blueberry is at the noon ?

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
Melon,

all these suggestions are good so far, and from my three trips, these are
my suggestions:

all places posted above, but take some time and check out Haarlem, it
is a 15 minute ride by train, and then you get off at the tarin station, and when you walk out you go straight and on the right side you will have Willie Wortels
Sativa coffeeshop, get the Amnesia Haze, or whatever that suits your desire
as far as the high you are looking for

plus you have two more Willie Wortels coffeeshops, the Indica and the Sensimila, just ask the dealers in the Sativa, how to get to the Indica, and from there ask how to get to the Sensimila, so far the buds I smoked in these
three shops have always been tops

...and the Amnesia Haze has always got me 100% toasted for 4-5 hours,
flying high, with zero comedown, just ready for another amnesia haze joint,
and another 4-5 hours mind trip

and Chocolope, from the Green Place, is also 100% killer stuff, do not know
about Indicas, since do not like the high from them, especially after it wears
off, sativa rules when on vacation...imo

later

SouthFlorida

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
my mate is sitting here right now, telling me that the "Boerenjongens Coffeeshop" is more than worth the visit. just up the road from the the Kashmir Lounge - which still has a smoking room btw. Boerenjongens have top quality at some of the best prices in town....

cheer
j

Goldenseed

Hey melon!!

I was there from 17th till 20th february and the best weed i smoked was from the Dampkring,Green Place,Katsu and Grey Area(Strains listed below) with Grey Area and Green Place bein the most expansive ones.Definately check out the Rifman Hash at the Dampkring,expansive with 14€ per gramm but really worth it,for a cheaper good morocan try the morocan ice at the Katsu wich is 10€ per gamm.

Dampkring:Oceans Twelve Haze 12€,G13 Amnesia Haze 13€ and Rifman Hash(i smoked 4 kinds and all where 14€ for a gramm)-these where all worth the money

Green Place:purp.Kush 12€,Blue Berry Cheese 14€ and La Confidential 13€-these where also really worth the money expect for the BB Cheese wich was a bit overpriced in my eyes but it tasted and smelled like berrys so maybe you have to pay to get sucha aroma in Amsterdam,first time i had a real berry taste in Amsterdam)

Katsu:Lavender 12€,Northern Lights special+ 14€,Black Widow 13€,SPhaze original Haze10€,Morocan ice hash 10€-all worth the money,the Katsu is one of the best shops in my eyes its located a bit more out side the city and you can see that in quality and prices)

Grey Area:Apollo13 10€,La Confidential 14€,Grey Haze 13€,Grey Berry 8€-ok all in all but a bit overpriced,the Apollo tasted bad.

Hope i was a bit of a help,the Katsu and the Dampkring are the ones you shouldnt miss,these two had the best smokes for the money.......have fun in Amsterdam!!!

Last November i was most impressed with The Green Place, OG Kush, LA Confidential, Chocolope, G13 Haze, BBC, were all superb.

Basjoe also had a couple of gems, the Special was excellent the weeks i was there. The BBC was as good as anywhere else for 12e.

I usually love Katsu/Dampkring/Grey Area and i did find some excellent buds, but at least half of what i got from these places was still dissapointing compared to Basjoe/Green Place.
Lavendar was terrible everywhere which was my favorite at Katsu the previous April.

There are a few constants, but every trip i keep an open mind to where the best weed will be.

Hash at Tweede Kamer/Dampkring has always been decent. I have noticed the Riffman selection vary in quality over time but they are always a pleasure to smoke at thier best. Tbliza is lovely as well there.

Basjoe had top hash too, the Himilaya black was great for 10e as was the Royal maroc, also for 10e.

Birdy in Haarlem has Jelly hash, a good bit cheaper than most decent ice/bubble in A'dam. I think it was 10e for .4 or .5.

It never gets boring touring as many places as possible to see what can be found!

zoidb3rg

top 5

top 5

In my opinion the top 5 coffee shops for smoke and/or environment are in no particular order:

Barney's lounge (Excellent atmosphere when there's 4 or 5 of you, Excellent bud as well)
Greenhouse seed Co. (Good food, and decent variety of bud)
De kroon (Excellent music and bud)
Hill street blues (Good music if you like DnB, Good atmosphere when the music isn't too loud, The vanilla milkshakes are top notch.)
Stones corner (Nice, Small but nice, excellent if you get the seating area to the left of the door they've also got decent quality bud

There are however some coffeeshops that i would advise staying away from:

Grasshopper (I know some may disagree, and you might want to go once, just to say "i'm in the grasshopper in Amsterdam" But other than that it's very overpriced 3E for a can of dr.pepper and 24E for 1.2 of Kali mist, Was very nice but overpriced, all in all pretty commercial, which in my eyes is bad.)
Route 66 or 99 i don't remember ^^ (No quality in the bud, didn't buy a drink, Skinned up smoked up and left, Although some friends of mine have said it's brilliant if you get the big wooden table at the back at the top of the shop. just BYOB (Bring Your Own Buddha))

But hey that's just me, dont let my opinion cloud your judgement, You should give them all a fair chance, you might be pleasently surprised.

seederido

Hi there!

for the atmosphere and the great owner, i have to recomend paradox in Eerste Bloemdwarsstraat 2 R. Just along the dam, crossing the 3 inner-circle-grachts via raadhuisstraad the 1st street on the right. limited variaty, but good stuff, and had a great time smoking and chatting with the owner. good cakes there too for non-smoking girlfriend :smile:

hope u enjoy!

mr.haze420

Veteran
paradox is a nice place to chill out, not in the mainstream but a cool place none the less. i go there when i am in the area.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Paradox is decent, last time we were in the bloke was very friendly and helpful, even though we were only buying €5 bags.

KeifCheif

coffee shops change up there bud weekly. so dont expect to find too many strains ur looking for. u might find better or plants u forgot. have fun. btw i went twice last year and ima live there one day.

melon

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the info :) I have got a second question ... perhaps a bit risky but we willse,

'Is there any safe way to send no more than 5 g of hash by post?'

Any ideas would be much apriciated
Regards,
Melon

Latest posts

Latest posts