What's new

What strain for Micro/PC

Whats up everyone! I have been very interested in Micro grows for a while now and have decided to go with a PC version, well 2 actually. :chin:

Ok so heres the plan the first PC will be the mom/clone room; the second will be a flower chamber. Heres the case or something like it:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811145074
So the plan here is to strip everthing out put two CFLs at the top and have a rubbermade container of sorts that fits in the case, on one side it will have a 3" net pot with a bonsai mom and then on the other side it will have 4 to 6 holes for clones. The second case I will probably fab a railing or bracket for a thin glass sheet at the top and above it put in a 150hps and the medium for this one will prob be this stuff called cocogro boss. Its a soilless medium, all you have to do is add water and its in a grow bag. So for ventilation it will have 2 80mm fans at the bottom front and 2 at the back on both PCs for a total of 4 per PC. :rant:

So anyway to the question what is a good strain for this small of a grow and has a fruity taste (my fav is blueberry) and strength not so important but keep in mind I smoke alot and have a volcano, so something that will do the job. Oh and something with little or no smell, Im trying to not have to add a carbon filter/scrubber. :confused:

Well I have thought about lowryder originally but it is seed only and I dont want to have to deal with feming the plant. So I changed the plan for 2 PCs and have a mom with clones, the idea if for a perpetual harvest but, on a small scale for personal use and something no one would think twice about. I guess I should be a little more specific, I will be training with LST so, something that will do well in a PC.

Last edited:
Come on guys there is plenty of experience here, couple of suggestions of strains that you have grown that work with LST and small spaces.

J

Jam Master Jaco

The dimensions of that box you mentioned are very small (16.5"x7.3"x16.5") If you're going to go the 2 box route (a good idea unless you only plan on doing one grow) I'd go with a 125 watt envirolite in each box.

maybe u can try some feminized seeds like and go 12/12 from start. this way males wont take up any space in your case and female plants should be dominant. then cut clones from the female plants. and flower them

Saabotage

I have a PC grow going right now. It holds 2 plants (sorry no camera :-( ).
I'm currentlty trying to find my mother this go around I planted 1 THSeeds Bubblegum & 1 Mandala Seeds Sahdu.

I have (2) 150w CFLs and the plants seem to grow fine in it.

THSeeds Bubblegum is FUN in it, although be prepaired to see gigantic leaves and a fairly large bush. (I have to thin my micro ScrOg every other day almost.

The Sadhu Might be your better choice; low smell, thinner Sativa like leaves, and really really fast growth. It beats the THSeeds bubblegum plant on growth rate. I planted the Sadhu 7 days after the Bubblegum and it has caught up with it. Though to be totally honest I LOVE the smell of Bubblegum even when its a few inches tall!

.........Bye.........

your a towel....jam master thanks for the advice I will probably do that for the mom, but I already have a 150hps and I am somewhat confident that I can get the temps I need, but if not then I will use envirolites for both. I want to use the 150 to try and get a little denser buds.
makavellian good idea if I can find a good strain
saab what kind of yields do you get?

basically what im looking for is a strain that doesnt smell much so I dont have to use a filter and that naturally grows kind of short and bushy.

Saabotage

I haven't gotten any yeild yet. I started on june 20th, On the 5th day of the flowering cycle (trying to find a female to clone and start over).

I only comment on strains I've tried. So far thats THSeeds Bubblegum and Sahdu.

THSeeds Bubblegum is a beautiful plant. Sahdu also but in its own way.

Honestly, I have not recieved my Ozone Generator from the damned hydroponic supply store yet..... So, the Bubblegum has me alittle worried as far as smell goes. (yes it is THAT smelly) The Sahdu almost nonexsistant in smell right now.

well right now I have 5 Love potions and 3 misc, so if push comes to shove I might be able to use LP so far it has no smell but its not done yet.

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
go with 2 25 watt compact flourecent's in your mother box. it's all you will need to root clone's and keep mom's alive.

just get a real indica dominant strain with minimal sterch like nirvana's blue mystic, afghani would do well and would be extremely easy to grow. at only 15 dollar's a pack you cant grow wrong.

im just finishing off a mandala seeds Speed Queen grow...

now some of them i vegged for 6 weeks and others 4 weeks... so they got really large...

but if the flowering cycle was started right away or after only a week of 18/6 or 24/0 then they would stay really dense and bushy...

ideal for a micro grow i reckon...

thanks for the input I really appreciate it. This PC grow will be a side project for in the future when I must be more discreet and grow just for personal.

smoke and space ghost- is there a site I could do some more research?

blunt- nice plants another option

86 that question about where to look Im lazy so...... after do a bit of research heres the three Im thinking of getting: afghani, ak48, NL5xhaze. Thinking about using the NL but at those prices I had to get a couple more packs. If any of you have grown any of these please give me a couple of pics and your opinion on them.

J

Jam Master Jaco

If you want short and bushy go with a strain that is pure indica. And if you can really run a 150 watt hps without heat problems in that space you're going to get some good buds. :wave:

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
there's no way you will get a 150 in a mid tower pc case. people can get a 70 watt hps in a full tower case but not a mid tower.

It was an old security light, there will be enough room but I will completly mod the case I have a weilding torch that also cuts. So I will completly strip the case and put in a railing of sorts to hold a sheet of glass. and it will be about the size of an 80mm fan.

sm0kateer4204

Veteran
uhhh, i dont think you understand. you would have to mount a blower on the back of that case to make it cool enough to grow in there. that box is a little over 1 square foot. you would be pushing (estimation) 120 watt's per square foot. people have trouble keeping 50 watt's per square foot at a reasonable temperature. re think your strategy sell your light on ebay and buy a larger case then get a 70 watt hps.