What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What strain for a guerilla grow in a cornfield?

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HK:
yes it vital to not place all eggs in one basket
last season i had 7 fields in corn with apr 10-20 plants in each, a few fields with less for a seed grow
lost one field to a farmer harvesting early, it was a field full of Erocketxdanish passion and i had great expectations for the harvest, but i was so lucky that a also had some ERxDP in another field, both as males and females, to do my my RD x ERxDP cross
so i still had ERxDP seeds
also the risk for loosing a spot is greater if police do heli flyovers in that area/country but they dont seem to bother where im at so thats just great for me and those who get to enjoy the end result of the harvest :)

mrkobold:
good luck on your grows and congratz on your genetic choice
where im at they harvest the corn in start of november, although they harvest later in other countries
that means that the genetics must be able to have the plants fully matured mid or end september at latest
not many commercial strains or crosses do that
thats why nordic ppl are working much with local genetics and crossing them into more exotic strains to improve them and still keep the early harvest date
if you need more early genetics and cant find them all in local seed banks im going to release some at Seedbay.com later like:

Danish Passion
Early Dane ( very limited no of seeds though)
Erocketxdanish passion f3
Erocket/danish passion x Royal Dane
Leb27
Royal Dane
Thyphoon

they will be very reasonable priced as its not the seeds thats going to give me money but only credit at SB to get other genetics to breed with
the seeds are thought to give growers from all over the world the opportunity to try out the danish genetics as theres to few places to get them and most only carry a few of them and most dont ship outside DK or the EU

Guerrilla growing in corn is a human right!

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
its just shy of 2 football fields, actually :smoke:
zooming in and using the measure from the map it seems like 50x150 meters
but if we say they had 1 plant pr each m2 thats 7500 plants
if we pretend they used all female clones or seeds and that each plant will produce 50 grams of pot or 5 grams of kief/hash
thats 375 kilos of pot or 37,5 kilos of hash
if we say half is males thats still a very good harvest :laughing:

Rastatrue

I really don't like using a farmer's field for growing. It's his income your messing with too.
You could get shot. Also, at least in my State the planes watch the highways for speeders,the turn arounds they scope out for weed. So I try and avoid freeway intersections. Once, in nov. I'm standing next to a six ft budded plant planted in a blackberry patch. It was beautiful, as I ducked down and tried to check the trics, a small plane flew over, few minutes later a helio, no place to run and except laying low I know I was seen. Still, i wanted this thing to go another few weeks, buzzzz that first plane came back around. I cut it down and split.
Learned a little about outdoor grows- it's hard to pick it at the best time, un like indoors. I was real happy due to the size, but It could have gone a little longer.

I like prickers/nettles/berry patches, get them in early and the the stickers ar'ent a problem, and later it keeps hikers and deer at bay. A few scratches when the harvest comes but your so happy you don't give a shit!

mrkobold

Hey guys,

one advice i got from a german cannabis board was total crap. They said that you should watch at which fields corn is grown and when is it harvested. The bad think about this is, that this year on any field that had corn on it last year, no corn is grown this year. Last year, there were plenty of fields with corn but this year there are only two fields, close to my house...
will need to use the car for transplanting them into the fields.

last seeds were put into soil friday. 31/60 have sprouted until now. 15 were put into soil every day. Im strying different soil mixes in order to see which is gonna be best.
Strains so far:

used genetic are:
lowryder x bushmans
Kc brains mango
Royal Dane
Lalandia Udemix
DCF mixes
and other strains i forgot.

still have some seeds left, dunno if i sprout them this year

How is your corn growing doing so far? Anyone already transplanted into the field. At my area, the corn is a lot to small...

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys,

one advice i got from a german cannabis board was total crap. They said that you should watch at which fields corn is grown and when is it harvested. The bad think about this is, that this year on any field that had corn on it last year, no corn is grown this year. Last year, there were plenty of fields with corn but this year there are only two fields, close to my house...
will need to use the car for transplanting them into the fields.

last seeds were put into soil friday. 31/60 have sprouted until now. 15 were put into soil every day. Im strying different soil mixes in order to see which is gonna be best.
Strains so far:

used genetic are:
lowryder x bushmans
Kc brains mango
Royal Dane
Lalandia Udemix
DCF mixes
and other strains i forgot.

still have some seeds left, dunno if i sprout them this year

How is your corn growing doing so far? Anyone already transplanted into the field. At my area, the corn is a lot to small...

good luck on your grow this year

yes its true theres crop rotation in some fields and others they dont rotate each year
on inspection i saw that some of the fields i used last year still had corn this year
but on others, and some of those with best access, there wasnt any corn in that area this year

at my country its safe to put them out in the corn by mid to end june
thats when spraying with poison has stopped
just scrape some top soil off to eliminate harm cause by the remains

im not sure on when they spray for each country but some users might have written it somewhere in this large thread

once again good luck on your grow this year
i hope you pull a nice harvest in before the farmer harvest his corn

Rastatrue:
yes theoretically you can harm a farmers income by growing in his field
but if you just cut down a few in a large field i doubt his cattle will starve much from it or he will even feel the slightest loss
also you can use some of the already empty spots that are in the fields
often they are created by the seeds not having much water in that particular spots right at germination time
often it doesnt mean the spot is bad for growing mj plants that are already pre grown to a certain size
also if you use large vigorous strains you can plant between rows
then the farmer actually only benefits from it if you bring in extra fertilizer ( which i recommend) cause the surrounding corn also gets some of the fertilizer and so grows bigger then the rest of the corn that only gets what the farmer gives them in spring

Barefoot

ICMag Donor
hey guys!

My plants are about 25cm and I want to put out them on 18 june. Is that too early? The corn is knee high (about 40cm).... I'm frightened of the pestizides...

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i guess it al depends on your country and climate and maybe some local environments when the fields are safe to plant in due to herbicides

in my country, Denmark at 55 northern latitude, from what ive heard, read and also talked to a farmer about, is that the corn here should be safe from mid june, which is now.

Corn here is only around 20 cm now so ill wait one week more or maybe even till around 1st of July
i need some hight in the corn for security and protection while working although its at night
i need to be able to lay down behind it when cars are passing or pedestrians at the roads, although not many of those where im at in the middle of the night

my biggest plants in my greenhouse waiting to go out are around 35 cm, the smallest are around 10 cm

i guess ill wait another week or 2 and then starting to transplant one field at a time using the largests plants first
that way the smaller ones gets more time to grow bigger in the greenhouse

regarding pesticides
ive been told they are harmless to the cannabis but herbicides arent and will kill mj on the spot
but where im at soil should start getting safe now
just remove some top soil around where your putting the mj plants ( at least 5 cm down and at least 50 cm in square)

happy growing

daves4usc

haha planting in corn fields. I always thought that was a silly idea on account of the corn being done before the pot. If its sweet corn then the fields WILL get tended to0 since the only way to harvest that corn w/o damage is to do it by hand. "field corn" which is corn used for animal feed, is plowed over and ravaged. Plus I hate snakes and they are always in a corn field hunting around. Corn gets planted here after Good Friday and is always done by end of Sept. Maybe ill try some AF's or some other fast indicas. Anyway, good luck to you corn field growers out there. i just think planting in a farmers row is asking for trouble near where i live. Farmers can shoot your ass round here and most likely get away with it.

I

ijimunot

You cant beat corn fields for growing cannabis. But you have to pick the right fields. If the corn is grown for food or ensilage then it will be harvested early while still ripe and green. If the corn is picked for livestock feed then the corn will be allowed to dry on the stalk and picked late. Around September for food and ensilage late October - December for feed.
I wait a week after the young corn has been sprayed for weeds. Then I go in and pull two corn plants and plant one cannabis in its place.
Fields that are rotated with legumes like alfalfa do really well. The alfalfa stores large amounts of nitrogen in the soil and plants grow quick, full and green.
I do not worry about early chemicals sprayed on the fields because fall weather flushes the plants well.
My biggest critter problem is raccoons. They will climb plants to get to the corn.
Sativas rock in corn fields. They will compete with the corn for sun and stretch to the same height as the corn while vegging and fill in nicely at flower.
Bad weather is usually your friend. If it rains a lot the farmers cant get in to harvest the corn until it dries. I just walk the field after a rain and shake the water off the plants. Gives you more time for resin production. Same with early snow just shake it off and keep on trucking.
You can work at night with a good moon even close to roads and homes. After a odor problem I had once I just use low odor plants now.
Give it a try the harvest will put a smile on your face.

Colt122

GG is not a Auto flowering strain?:dance013:
Its photosensitive:thank you:
Any strain like GG, Leb 27...ect will grow just fine, hog feed corn stays out till oct, im surrounded with crops around me. Planting in corn is a good call.
Colt122

Any plant that veges quickly should do great, even the plants that don't should do well...but I wouldn't put them out to soon or the herbicide can kill them.

The only thing that scares me about the corn fields, are the chemicals and largely the herbicide. Plus I am just not ready for that much ganja, 12 holes this summer and if anything it's going to be to much to haul home.

Plenty of hash if things go smoothly this summer, the plants in veg look great.

Barefoot

ICMag Donor
Hello everyone!

Just want to reanimate this threat. Here is a Frisian Dew on 24th June. On Monday I will visit them again....I think they have down well the last few weeks cause the weather was very good here.
I would be pleased to see more pics of plants in corn :)

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 26

Barefoot

ICMag Donor
They doing well :)
Here is a Hashberry (cutting) from Mandala! Amazing little girl - she'll get a fat woman soon enough :tiphat:

Attachments

• DSCF1085.jpg
    DSCF1085.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF1086.jpg
    DSCF1086.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 33