What's new

what PH tester should I get

Herbophile

http://www.4oakton.com/proddetail.asp?parent=2&prod=190&seq=9&TotRec=13

That is the one I have been using for about 6 or so years now. Unfortunately it's discontinued now but it's been a great meter. All the time I've had it the calibration has never been off by more than .1 and I typically check it every week or two. I just store it in tap water ph adjusted to 6ish. It still has the original probe so I'm thinking I should order a couple now before they discontinue those also.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
blue lab is the best, my favorite PH pen ever...always holds steady calibration. ive gone through 2 oaks and 2 hannas...gave them away or kept a few as backups...

S

sweetypie

just got the blue lab pen i feel like their gear is lab grade for real. i bought a truncheon in 05 or 06 that i just replaced the batterries for the first time last year! i was using those cheapo hanna 30 buck meters and they last about 3 months then its a gamble.

The bluelab ph and ppm pens are a good buy for the money. They arent as precise and dont have all the extensive features as hanna, but i still like them better so far after using hannas for years. Much faster and more professional looking. The only thing that really irritates me is the fact that you cant change the bulb on the ph pen. Once it dies, you need to buy a new meter. Even with proper routine care and maintenance, i cant see it lasting longer than a year, but we will see. I say this because my long term experience is only with hannas and i would change the bulbs in the ph pens every year and sometime sooner. I hope bluelab can outlast this timeframe.

S

sweetypie

if i can get 1 year of worry free ph readings out of this 100$ pen i am more than satisfied.

Guest02345

just bought my first blue lab pH meter and im loving it. easy calibration. ive had many hanna over the years but in the end they all crap out early, need somewhat constant calibration

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
picture.php

Thats where its at kcar! I forgot to mention the ease of calibration. One touch, single or double point. I dont think it has triple, but i have never seen the need for it.

Latest posts

Latest posts