What's new

What PH and EC are optimal

cpnamn

Measuring EC and pH is done with meters. Sometimes they're sticks, pens or boxes with probes.

Buffers and adjusters are two different things. A buffer is like an electric blanket. Electric blankets do not heat the bed (unless used incorrectly) You provide the heat, the blanket maintains it. Buffer agents are not used to adjust pH, they maintain pH. pH adjustment uses pH adjusters aka pH Up or pH Down. You didn't say how much buffer was used to lower your pH by 0.7. I can tell you that 1.0 ml (1/5 tsp)/gal of pH down will drop my pH by 5.2 points (from 8.2 to 3.0)

Canna COGr BUFFER AGENT is used for growing in coco slabs. You say you are (or want to be) growing in a DWC. Why are you using the wrong product incorrectly with the wrong media? Using the right products correctly with the proper media generates better results. Lose the RO, it's little better than poison and plays havoc on pH, lose the buffer (or the bubbler, your choice) and get some pH Down.

Thanks for the information man!

I used alot more that the recommendation on the bottle. It says 2ml per litre. I used about 10-15ml to get the ph down.

I was going to go hydro first but now I have changed my mind and I want to try with soil. Thats why I have kinda of wrong nutrients.
And I dont have any money to buy new stuff either. But im lucky because alot of the CANNA nutrients I bought are also for soil so I can use them for that too. I got Hesi nutrient for vegg stage and bloom stage aswell that is used for soil.

Maybe I can buy some ph down next month, what would you recommend?
Do you think my plants will survive the high ph and still give me some good results?

EDIT: Just bought some hesi ph down for vegg and another for blom.