What's new

WHAT ORGANIC NUTES ARE BEST FOR HYDRO?

guineapig

Veteran
I tried the 2-part Sweet and Heavy regimen and it was unbelievable flavor- this nute
line is custom designed for organic hydroponics, but when used with botanicare's
Ready-Gro mix (basically a pro-mix type of substrate), it gave wonderful results....i'm
sure it would work super with rockwool.....

http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=SPF405

This Sweet & Heavy regimen has 2 new products, a taste-enhancer and a flushing agent, if memory serves me correctly.....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

G

unicorn said:
im going to try growing with the lucas formula until the final 2 weeks with one of my kali-mist...then im going to flush and add a organic tea and see if there is any difference in taste...just so you know my grass already taste fantastic...and science is why
I had a friend who used Lucas formula and he started playing withing finishing the crop with MetaNaturals stuff and said there was an improvement in flavor. I gotta agree with 'and science is why' Unicorn cause providing the plants an optimum environment supports the best all around results.

EDIT - I also wanted to add it seems like using organic nutes with beneficial bacteria/mychorriza go hand in hand and is probably essential (?). Over time I've read of peeps using aquarium type synthetic medium, like BioBalls, to provide a surface for bacteria to adhere to. There is one person here who uses a 5 gallon bucket filled with such medium on top of his large, looks like a 100+ gallon, res. He constantly flows water from the res through the bacterial reactor and says it helps maintain a rock solid pH in addition to providing extra aeration. He tried one experiment where he did not change a res out for a year and only topped off. Once the reactor is 'charged' you use it over and over regardless of res changes.

Last edited:
G

HYDRO!!!

HYDRO!!!

NO offense bro.. but the topic is organic hydro.. Not organic soiless/soil nutrients...

Biobizz does'nt work in hydro except for like root juice and top max..

medikush said:
Biobizz......Certified organic...simply the BEST

D

dankiestog

wrong....bio bizz works dam good in hydro......oh yes it does...

G

how do you keep the foam off the top then bro? I really beg to differ with you on this one.. Never has it ever been good in hydro for me.. Even if you bubble a batch for 24 hours.. IT has a huge foam on top and the ph does not HOLD at all.

SO tell me please.. because i love biobizz in promix.. How you make it work in hydro.. because you are the only person ever on this board to say the biobizz line works in that application..Other than people using amendments from biobizz such as root juice or top max in there hydro systems.. :lurk:

G

i do not use bio-biz...however given the problem you have...i know viniger is a natural defoamer...it would seam you could supplement it for your ph down and kill two birds with one stone

G

I don't think you understand.. it is just not usable in hydroponics.. It is very very thick and does not work well in recirculating systems..

D

dankiestog

its called drani to waste not really hard at all to under stand why its works in hydro in less growing in cubes is not dro...i use rockwool cubes on top of pots filled with little cubes witch roots fucken love then i top feed with drippers till they spit are i use slabs same way...water as needed u know ... i make 30 gal res... i bubble but on a low big bubble speed so no foam...i could see bioo are any thick blend not work in recirculating system but ive never tryed so cant say for sure...i dont like resystem myself ...thats just me.. well peace to all ...heres some organic mind candy....

G

Holy shit!! :yoinks:

Now THAT is a white strain!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop:

Sorry to go off topic, but wow. Nice pic dude.

Anyway, I grow with BC Technaflora. Scratch organic, I get monster buds with a perfect taste. Cool with me.

G

sorry i got to blow that shit up...fantastic my frind fantastic method aswell

dankiestog said:
its called drani to waste not really hard at all to under stand why its works in hydro in less growing in cubes is not dro...i use rockwool cubes on top of pots filled with little cubes witch roots fucken love then i top feed with drippers till they spit are i use slabs same way...water as needed u know ... i make 30 gal res... i bubble but on a low big bubble speed so no foam...i could see bioo are any thick blend not work in recirculating system but ive never tryed so cant say for sure...i dont like resystem myself ...thats just me.. well peace to all ...heres some organic mind candy....

G

wow.. i stand corrected.. Awesome looking plant..how stable is your ph?

UNREGISTRD

Nice to see everyones responses.
Ive been set on the lucas formula for years...UNICORN you are AWESOME.. any chance your from TY? you definitly hit the scientific ascpect of organics thats for sure. It had made me definitly think twice about hydro organic!!! I like the tests that u posted as well.. I wouldve never thought the gh chems can compare to organic soil!!!
Ive bought a 2.5gal of PBP and then I will be going back to the GH lucas formula!
Ill see how it does for know but its expensive and if i can get the same results from GH nutes then im sold on GH!! I always have been and seems like ill end up back with them!!
so it gathering with the lucas to cut nutes completly for the last 2 weeks and run a special tea???

Last edited:
D

dankiestog

Thanks..
ph it goes up like maybe from 5.8 to 6 ...i just check before each feed as needed..the key to the bioo is to keep the rez chill...i think it helps.. dont get me wrong u have to clean the rez twice a much...once every 3 days are so...key is u have to flush once a week with like clearx 90% run off...if u do that u can hit them a little harder with out the burn...still like playing with Inorganic mixes...seem to pull more then organic and still have that taste but not as smooth burning.. but in the vap cant tell the difference..one bit..peace to all.. lucas test run is on point..will be posted

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Redux said:
Hey UNRGISTERD - I've heard using bacteria in rockwool wreaks havoc on pH. It can fluctuate pretty badly. For me going organics also means relying on bacteria in the system. I'm currently using GH chemmie and am not interested in attempting organic in rockwool so looking at other mediums/hydro methods.

For whatever it's worth.
Why would bacteria cause havoc in rockwool? I used Advanced Nutrients piranha and tarantula on some somango I got going in rockwool using the PBP nutes and have not seen any fluctuation in pH whatsoever. So I am confused. You mentioned this to me before and I didnt quite catch what you meant.

UNREGISTRD

hey dammakus!! nice to see you over here!!
I think what hes saying is that becasue the organic nutes have bacteria in the nutes it will cause alot of headache in the long run trying to stablize the PH! How true this is I dont know but im pretty sure thats his arguement!!

damakkus

West Coast ICer
redux is a smart fellow and does not just take someones word for it. He actually investigates his findings. Thats why I am hitting him up he'll know the facts. Plus, I used the pirahna and all and I remember in our pow wow he told me but I was stoned of my ass and I am scared I am going to run into problems now. Its all good though.

mtnjohn

Veteran
hey damakkas.......i tried piranah and tarantula in my DWC...tried it with several different grows and even went to AN forums to get help

all i had was terrible bad luck with the stuff
as soon as i quit using it...everything went back to normal

i mean to tell you that stuff F'd up 3 grows in a row...i thought i was doing something wrong...

but...your system is diff than mine so hopefully it will work out for u

just please keep a close watch on your plants till you know how it's gonna be
mj

Latest posts

Latest posts