Votes: 31 34.4%
  • Modified Lucas Formula (6/9)

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • General Hydroponics FloraNova Bloom

Votes: 21 23.3%

• Total voters

gates3rd

Hello,

i used Canna Coco worked great, now i work with Atami Bcuzz Coco and Booster(indica) / Stimu for Bloom and it works the same way, just great no difference in plantsize/taste/whatever. the biggest difference is the low price for Atami, 5 Liter A for just 14euro and B the same.

GHE 3 Part or Lucas maybe works great but i am not sure about cal and mag issues, i used the GHE 3 part and the lucas formula on my coco plants once and only in veg.

Snow Crash

Veteran
Botanicare CNS 17 Grow, Bloom, Ripe with Botanicare Hydroplex and some B1 produces some baller shit.

I use Canna A+B with Cal-Mag Plus, Liquid Karma and Pro-Tekt during veg.
I add CNS 17 Ripe, Hydroplex, Bud Candy, and KoolBloom for later in flowering.

Roughly speaking it is about 5ml of A+B with 5ml of Cal-Mag Plus, 5ml of Liquid Karma, and 1ml of Pro-Tekt every week. Around week 3-4 of veg I like to do a Nitrogen/Calcium push by running more like 10ml of the A+B. I'll use about 4ml of Ripe, 5ml of Hydroplex, 4ml of KoolBloom and 2ml of Bud Candy during flowering. Sometimes I like to foliar feed with some fulvic acid, BioCanna bioboost, Liquid Karma, a little epsom salt, and some surfactant. Usually just two or three times during the middle of flowering before the flowers get very large.

EC ranges from 1.0 to 1.9 depending on the period of life. It is important to get a lot of run off and make sure the levels aren't too high leading into flowering. Burning the plants in the 2nd and 3rd week of flowering is usually a result of imbalances from the end of Veg. Of all the things to do in coco, with any nutrient, it is to get what might be considered an excessive amount of run off.

I think it is important to have a full spectrum approach in coco. Most nutrient systems source their elements from the same salts. I blend low levels of several nutrients using a custom calculator so i can estimate the ppm levels of elements in the solution.

I find the best coco systems utilize low levels of Potassium and higher levels of magnesium later in bloom. For this reason I don't understand H&G ratios.

Botanicare CNS 17 is about $8 per quart of each bottle online ($12 in store) so for under $40 you can get all the nutrients you'd need for an average sized 6 plant indoor grow.

Wow, I had no idea the maxi series was so freaking cheap ($0.20 per gallon ?!?!). I think I'll switch over to that once I've used up my remaining floranova nutes.
When I said $0.18 per gallon I that was including 1 tsp of calmag plus and 4ml ph up. The maxibloom alone is like $0.08 a gallon. Alot of people's tap water has enough calcium without calmag. I wasnt so lucky.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Canna is the best for me. Comes with Humic/Fulvics, and Silicate. Clear so it doesn't stain everything, and with Canna Coco your bound to get beautiful ladies everytime, even more so if you add in H&G drip clean and Canna Pk 13/14 or Canna boost. Rhizotonic by Canna for rooting is great stuff as well. !

S

sm0k4

What about Botanicare PBP?

I don't even bother with the label instructions. I use hard tap water at 7.7pH so only I only cal mag once a week.

I use 1 part Liquid Karma to 2 parts PBP Grow or Bloom until my ppm is at the desired level, 800 in veg right now. I tried 1000 but they weren't ready for that yet.

Plants are green, only showed one sign of calcium deficiency early on but using tap water solved that.

Watch out for Botanicare CalMag+, its from salts and ammonia so its high ppm and not too beneficial for the microbes. I bought it before I found this out. I hardly use it though, and barely use any when I do, so I don't think its bad if you use it LIGHTLY.

Moral of this story is to trust your instincts before you trust what brand name is on the label. Nutes are only as good as the grower IMO. I've used miracle grow with success when I started growing, when everyone said it sucked ass. Not my fault they overfed theirs. I wouldn't use it now for other reasons, but it does work just fine.

budbasket

I tried the MB for a few days but the dissolving/shaking got old pretty quick...picked up PBP/LK, already had sweet and cal/mag. Still just running veg ladies on it but impressed so far....I kinda like how it smells too. Ladies perked right up...I like the results of the Rezipe but am always looking for something easier/better/different.

G

Guest 18340

Another vote for Maxibloom...

I prefer the original Lucas ratio to the modified one.

DJ Magic

it's my first run, but I've been using botanicare's bloom, sweet, liquid karma and cal mag +, along with hygrozyme and drip-clean. added dyna-grow's bloom about 30 days into flower...but my girls seem to LOVE the botanicare lineup i'm feeding them

picture.php
[/IMG]

F_T_P!

I have tried GH Lucas, H3ad and 3 part stylie and then tried House and Garden Cocos. They all worked, but H&G is my favorite hands down.

Bud formation, vigor, all around health and lack of deficiencies were better with H&G Cocos. I ran my Cocos with drip clean, BudXL, pro-teKt and a homemade kelp/fulvic mix in blumats, results were effortless.

picture.php

I want to try Canna one day, but why mess with a good thing. :joint:

Azeotrope

Veteran
I voted Canna because I used it for years without a meter and had crazy good results....

HOwever, I beleive that Jack's Pro Hydro is the best for the $$ and I will probably be able to surpass the Canna results..

herr wolf

i voted for canna, but im using cogr slabs.
so im using canna cogr a/b, vega & flores, rhizotonic, boost, zym

i have never tried anything else, but im satisfied.

HueJass

It's my first run with Canna, but I do love it. So easy. I don't get how you guys use 5ml A and B though. I find that I have to go above and beyond 10ml A/B to keep most of my gals green. Also, I find that if I start with 10ml A/B my ppms do not match what it says on the Canna chart and I went to their site and customized my starting ppm. I'm well, well under 1000. Not quite sure on the timing of the PK as it seems many folks add it differently than their chart calls for. Either way, I love this stuff, it's great. I've got greasy buds like never before.

G

Guywithoutajeep

I'm doing H & G Coco AB with BudXL, ProTekt, Drip Clean, and a little KoolBloom Liquid. I don't really add the BudXL or the KBL Until I get into the 3rd week of flower. I take out the ProTekt at around the same time. I don't think growing could be any easier at this point for me.

All the nutrients are pretty much the same.