What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Nutes/Additives/Supplements Do You Use and How?

What Nutes/Additives/Supplements Do You Use and How?

• Fox Farms

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Earth Juice

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Humboldt Nutrients

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • TechnaFlora

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • B'cuzz

• General Hydroponics

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Dyna-Gro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emerald Triangle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miracle-Gro

• Composts n Guanos only

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just a simple poll trying to figure out what ferts other growers out there like to use, and in what strengths and whatnot. I myself have always just been all over the place. I've used ej, ff, straight guanos, compost n castings, and even bare medium with no ferts. Trying to see what you guys think?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Just a simple poll trying to figure out what ferts other growers out there like to use, and in what strengths and whatnot. I myself have always just been all over the place. I've used ej, ff, straight guanos, compost n castings, and even bare medium with no ferts. Trying to see what you guys think?
I had one aborted soil grow years ago. After that i spent 6 months on CW and OG reading everything on hydro.

Lucas had the methods that were successful for newbs about 80% of the time and there were enough growers with experience that my questions would be answered. Never had any questions.... ran a beautiful grow the first time out, minimal efforts. I've been growing hydro ever since. :D

I started with mixing the GH Flora series using the 0-8-16 ratios that Lucas recommends. I've since switched to GH FloraNova Bloom and use it for veg and bloom, hydro and soil. I'm about to switch from that to GH MaxiBloom and just go with the cheapest nute that gives my plants everything they need to do well. I figure I'll play with Floralicious+ after a few runs with just the Maxibloom.

Whatever you do.... look for the simplest way you can find that gets good results, has a lot of people doing it and can be found easily. Once you have a few grows under your belt, you'll be able to focus on the nutes more as you'll know the plant pretty well by then. :D Keep it simple... you have a lot of information to absorb. :D

Stay Safe! :tree:

G

Guest 18340

I switch between GH flora series, either in Lucas form (8ml/gal micro, 16ml/bloom) or Rez's formula (6ml/gal micro, 9ml/gal bloom), or Maxibloom (by itself, NOT mixed with GH flora series) at 1tsp/gal.

*EDIT* Great advice Hydro-Soil!

skunktoker

Superthrive first 2-3 weeks of veg...couple drops A gallon
Orgenisms-xl Roots organics Until 3week of bloom
Buddha-grow Thru veg Followed by Buddha-Bloom during flowering process
Big-Bud Advanced nutrients from week 2 of bloom Thru week 5-6
Overdrive Advanced nutrients week 6-8
Blackstrap molasses thruout flowering period and first week of Flush
Final week straight water sometimes flora-kleen by GH/ or clearex by Botanicare
otherwise just straight water for 7-10 days

No option for Advanced Nutrients...? Accidental or petty..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudZad7
Hi All! :santa1: Botanicare was not on the list??? and Advanced ???

Gotta have the Botanicare man.

Mr.Wags

I'm sorry I forgot to add these, and it seems i cannot edit my poll... But please, feel free to share any knowledge... This is an open thread for all...

Thank you to all who've replied :wave:

mr noodles

botanicare !!!!!!!

pure blend pro + cal mag +
liquid karma----the best of all additive on the market

yes i use big bud from advance nutrients , it work
overdrive work too

molasse !

give at least 1 week of water + molasse and 1 week of total pure water flush : total flush 14 days

BudZad7

Botanicare!!! + Advanced !!

Botanicare!!! + Advanced !!

:) Hi All! Try this, it is a VERY GOOD Mix!!! Super 7 mix:::

PBPGrow, or PBPBloom, or PBPB/soil~ whatever stage of growth
1.5 tsp per gal RO water
Calmag+ 1 tsp per gal
Liquid Karma 2 tsp per gal
Sweet 2 tsp per gal
Carboload powder 1/4 tsp per gal
Sensizym 2 tsp per gal
Pot O Gold 3 tsp per gal

( Once a week add to mix~ Blackstrap molasses 1 tsp per gal
and Maxicrop liquid seaweed 1/2 capful per gal )

If to much molasses is used the bud taste kinda like molasses, so
once a week is plenty good, also this is for the MICROHERD!!!

Then for flushing, use Final Phase for the 1st 7~10 days, then Ph'd
RO water til the EC/PPM reading is 00.......:dance013: Here's a pic
in DWC buckets with this mix, and it never is changed,just new mix added when needed..... This OG Kush was just placed into the bucket, so that's why the yellow and bad appearance,but in just 6 days, it grow like crazy!!! See all the new green growth!!!:)

Attachments

• 100_4356.jpg
    100_4356.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_4423.jpg
    100_4423.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 12

oldgrayhair

Per gallon:

Veg:

1/2 RO water, 1/2 Tap (puts me at 130ish PPM with plenty of Cal)
1/2 tsp Maxibloom
1ml Floralicious Plus

Flower:
1/2 RO water, 1/2 Tap
1 tsp Maxibloom
1ml Floralicious Plus

Add a little Big Bud Powder for 2 days @ 1/4 tsp per gallon of above mix....I hit them with that in week 3, week 5, week 7

Then flush outside for 7-10 days.

Simple and effective.

Peace - ogh