What's new

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

Yeah pretty good resume, I think he was deep purple too
Yep, Deep Purple as well.

Another "massive multiple drug overdose" case. As a fairly young man, too.

Makes a case for folks who are in a place of stress and questionable self-discipline, maybe not always having enough cash on-hand to hurt themselves badly. But I guess those of us who sought or pushed limits, whether consciously or not, have a way of testing those boundaries even when affluence isn't an issue.. The old "where there's a will, there's a way".

It was a similar situation for Lowell George, too "massive multiple drug overdose." What we came to reference as a 'terminal case of too much fun.'

moose eater

Been jammin since I was 2yo this explains a lot
After my father died and my mother was trying to save our house working a job most of the day, I sometimes hid behind the recliner with my portable record player, listening to Credence Clearwater Revival, and for a time, later in life, joked with folks that John Fogerty had helped to raise me. :)

(*That was 1968; I was 8-1/2, almost 9).

Dime

I used to listen to CCR all the time when I was young then it wasn't until Fogerty put out centerfield I started again. The guys a musical genius. Lodi was my fave CCR tune.

Dime

Attachments

• th-4113542818.jpg
    th-4113542818.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 7

moose eater

I used to listen to CCR all the time when I was young then it wasn't until Fogerty put out centerfield I started again. The guys a musical genius. Lodi was my fave CCR tune.
Lodi, Who'll Stop the Rain, Have You Ever Seen the Rain, Fortunate Son, Put a Candle in the Window, and so many more.... all taught the values and morals of a time when the evening news was about body counts, protests against the war(s) and the abuses peace people received, corruption among our supposed role models and leaders, and on and on.

A macro view of the microcosms that went on in many peoples' homes and families at that time.

The artists and music tried its best to present a moral or ethical compass to follow a lot of the time, a philosophy about life to work toward while pointing out the disparities in the 'conventional wisdom' we'd had been taught.

Latest posts

Latest posts