What's new

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

Killed hundreds of the nefarious aspen saplings, especially under the power line right-of-way that runs east and west along my southern property line and easement to the neighbors. I have virtually nothing to do with either of the 2 neighbors back in there anymore, with cause, and try like hell to avoid any circumstances that might necessitate any interactions (and especially any apologies), such as if one of my trees were to fall on the power line that feeds their homes.

They might feel critical about my cutting on that line, but it's to guard their power, and the nitwits seem too engrossed in their attitudes to realize that.

Aspen (what I call river aspen, this variety is in the balsam poplar family and grow tall and lanky) become mature and then a specific tree fungus attacks the pith (sometimes if you have a trained nose and know what you're sniffing, you can spot the affected trees walking among the more mature growth by their smell and sometimes black splotches on the bark), and they'll topple with a moment's notice once the core is eaten away, either from winds, fatigue, etc..

As a fibrous, heavier 'wet wood' they become heavy and clumsy; these aren't the graceful smaller mountain aspen or 'twinkling aspen' as they're sometimes known.

Last edited:

moose eater

Camper van goes in this morning for some relatively major surgery, in preparation for trips for dip-netting to Chitina (Copper River), Aishihik Lake (and other lakes in the Yukon Territory, and a halibut, rock fish, ling cod (and maybe some salmon shark and/or salmon) outing at Valdez, Ak.

Once the boat and van are ready, and I've addressed the 36-year-old propane tank, valve, etc., on the van, (which might or might not get replaced shortly), my seasonal metaphorical handcuffs come off, and the road offers up numerous food-getting and meditation/relaxation sorts of outings.