What's new

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

Boiling chicken gizzards to tenderize them before breading and deep-frying. First time I've used this rather well-known method. But I DO like gizzards.

Started the day at about brunch time with too much fried calamari steaks, size large, in similar breading process as I'm using for the gizzards. Acceptable squid, but not enough flavor in it. Overly processed squid has less flavor than the breading all too often..

moose eater

We were working Proposition #5 in 2000, legalization with expungement of cannabis arrest records and full restitution for any and all affected (in other words, a 'doomed to fail kitchen sink-type' proposal), at the Blue Loon in Fairbanks, with a table in the back of the outdoor show when these folks whipped this out for the encore, and had the crowd go absolutely nuts under the nighttime sky light of Interior Alaska's summer.

I was, as I am now, married, but I was waving a large sign in the air for Prop 5 as they were playing this, and a beautiful younger woman turned around, we locked eyes, and it seemed as though she was going to approach me... She took a couple steps in my direction... YIKES!!!! I turned into Linus of Snoopy fame, and the moment was crushed by my obvious panicked shyness and inhibitions. Another adventure shot to hell by my Hoosier roots!! And ethical hesitation, as well... I guess...

Last edited: