What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What music are you listening to?

moose eater

RIP Dickey Betts. Lived hard. One of the few to be fired by the Allman Bros. for coming to rehearsal too high too often, among other infractions. And that's saying something.

A beautiful young black woman in room attendant/housekeeping uniform was waiting for the elevator at the hotel on the ground floor (there's no basement). I told her, I'd ask if you're going up, but that would be a silly question. She replied, "That's OK sir, I ask a lot of silly questions sometimes myself." Apparently missing my humor.

I asked her on the way up if they treated her OK here. She replied, "Yes sir." And wished me a good day.

She seemed at least as competent as the front desk people who fucked up my room rates and check-in at least twice... and they've got her cleaning rooms. Give that young woman a raise, if for no other reason, professional and courteous demeanor.

When you're fired by the Allman Bros., years ago, for being too high too often (and chronically being late for rehearsal), you -MIGHT- have a substance use issue. Just sayin'... But... sometimes life just gets in the way.....

Last edited:

moose eater

I attended a wealthy, traditionally liberal, protestant church as a youngster. Fountain St. Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

There were wealthy families there, including the Bissels, Olds, and others. though we were from the poor side of the (rural) 'hood.

Odetta, Pete Seeger and Woody Guthrie played there, as did Manfred Mann's Earth Band, and Iron Butterfly.

One Easter Sunday, in Sunday School class, we were learning about world religions, and that Easter we made ceramic Buddhas.

It was not a dogmatic church, though the Minister, Dr. Duncan Littlefair, certainly preached from the KJ Bible in his sermons, drawing a humanist Christian message from them.

I was very young back then. It was a good church as churches go, where parables and related lessons were more important than hellfire and brimstone. As it ought to be, imo.