What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What music are you listening to?

CharlesU Farley

So began yet another day in Hotel Calamity... me phoning home to ask my wife to open up the credit card account to see where the erroneous charges from earlier in the week are at.

Lo and behold...., three of the four erroneous charges that were 'pending as of yesterday are now confirmed charges.

Phoned the same person at the hotel desk I spoke with yesterday morning about this, and she gave numerous, mostly implausible, explanations, including the routine, "sometimes it can take 3 to 5 business days for charges to be settled or reversed." I mentioned the miracle of modern financial technology, wherein it takes about 10 seconds or so to remove the money from my account, but 3-5 days to return it. Asked in a cheeky manner which side of the economic stratification street dreamt that particular inequity up as a matter of economic procedure?

SO I'll see if they straighten it out, after which I was invited to file a dispute.

Why is it that serfdom America (world) ends up having to grab the proverbial mop when corporate America steps in shit?

Had some marginal sausage patties with keto french toast for breakfast, made with eggs, a bit of powdered milk, and a splash or so of 40% whipping cream with a touch of salt, and minimal butter and organic maple syrup.

You know what they call that liquid you dip your French toast in? When there's left-overs, we call those scrambled eggs.

Out in the bush, this would be a DELUXE breakfast. In the hotel it's basic sustenance in order to survive interactions with those who can't hear, think, or use a basic calculator, thus posing a serious threat to the functioning of everyday society. So now my belly's well-armed.

Bring it on!! Though my homemade sugar-free mocha with French Roast coffee and Mexican Espresso added might leave me a bit ... edgy. Probably not good in these circumstances.

"Asked in a cheeky manner which side of the economic stratification street dreamt that particular inequity up as a matter of economic procedure?"

Brilliant and insightful writing!!!! Almost want to do the Wayne and Garth routine and get down on my knees and wave my hands down to the ground and say I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. ;)

"Out in the bush, this would be a DELUXE breakfast. In the hotel it's basic sustenance in order to survive interactions with those who can't hear, think, or use a basic calculator, thus posing a serious threat to the functioning of everyday society. So now my belly's well-armed."

At least you've got a full belly when you have to deal with, in his best little girl from Home Alone's voice... "les incompetants!" 😂

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
Get up, get out, get out of the door
You're playin' cold music on the bathroom floor
Drowned in your laughter and dead to the core
There's a dragon with matches that's loose on the town
Takes a whole pail of water just to cool him down
Fire! Fire on the mountain

Latest posts

Latest posts