What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what moral issue willl we look back on in 100 years and go WTF?

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
i
what moral issue willl we look back on in 100 years and go WTF?
i wont be looking back ill be feeding trees and i wonder now if after ALLLLLL the drugs ive done in my lifetime we i be organic when im feeding trees in 100 yrs

S

Space Ghost

^^^very good point, most if not all of us will be dead in a hundo...

Sandnut

at the top of my head..

- Why people where allowed to smoke in bars, restaurants and public places
- Why people were dressed out to emos even tho it wasn't halloween
- Why the entire world economy was depended on the price of a barrel of petrol
- What the hell the world was thinking when they fucked up the earth's climate

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Alright, The Crusades was religious war. Name one since...:)
the great caliphate.

as to the OP...

either turning a blind eye to genocide in africa or the human rights abuses of homosexuals here at home.
those rate a little higher than how we farm our food.

bentom187

Veteran
well if i was to fast foward things,id wounder how people could go through extraordinary messures to ensure a life of ease ,and produce a life of shit ,and not realize,life isnt a fight its how you get along with everything else. eliminate your ego !!!! (for the sake of others)

Panama Red

Teaching children to kill each other on computer games!

Exactly, they should be out in the fresh air and sunshine, killing each other with real weapons.

It's no wonder the little buggers are so fat but at least that makes them easy targets.......

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
How about the fact that the richest 400 people in America have as much wealth and property as 155 million people on the other end of the scale. There's the moral vacuum. OH yeah, most of them got there in the last decade.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Also, who's set of moral views are "correct" and why?

Certain positions are morally defendable & defineable like those contrued to be "beneficial" from the hierarchy of the basic individual needs , to the group needs .... such as sharing the meat from the hunt with the young & elderly .

Certain positions also are naturally viable like the "69" position
that works incredibly well satisfying both partners! The human body like any other body has its natural configuration & limitations . Some positions just naturally lend themselves to accomplishing the task better !

;)

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like ethics as opposed to morals. Ethics implies logical deduction and reasoning.

My issue. The moral hazard of privatizing gains and socializing losses. Spending money we don't have and leaving the bill to future generations. Effectively lowering their standards of living so ours could be higher for a short period of time.

L

longearedfriend

things are going so fast right now...

100 years is a long long time

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
capitalism....many moral wrongs have this to blame.

100 years may not be enough time though.

jarff

wow in a hundred yrs from now...if we are still on this earth..a lot of ppl. will be saying....Man ppl. had it rough a hundred years ago having to work,cook food,raise kids,and complaining about gas being $4.00 a gallon.Oh to be able to go back to those times just for a day to see what it was really like.To really rough it.The ways they fought wars with bombs and artillery and antiquated aircraft...man it must have been hard.

jarff

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
i think we'll wonder why the hell we wasted all that oil, while we're walking or riding our bike and living 20 years longer :D

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
what system is morally superior?

Personally I don't know which system is morally superior. All current systems seem to have various downfalls. I will not pretend to be an expert.

To me it seems a bit strange to virtually base society on money. Most corporations only goal it to make money, not to make society better. These are just my personal observations. I was certain that someone or many people would question my response.

Baba Ku

Veteran
Abortion will be seen as the murderous crime of convenience that it is. And our societies will be seen as savage because of their backing of the act.
They will wonder how we could degrade the value of human life so much...

Latest posts

Latest posts