What's new

What Medical State Would Be Best for a Large Med Grow?

HokuLoa

If you are squeaky clean (in every aspect of your 10yr history - will be checked), have a sizable chunk of cash, and have 2yr CO residency then perhaps still CO to an extent.

Other than that, the whole "100percent Legal" is going to be a problem. There is nothing in this industry that is completely legal. We live in a grey, grey world...

Greenmopho

I still say California. Colorado is still a little younger and more confused in it's industry. 1284 is messing with the prices, and won't allow you to go at it yourself. California is still wide open. The Bay area is always popping off and in need of fresh genetics. West Oakland, and around the Colosseum still has tons of warehouse space available for cheap-ish, if you don't mind being adjacent to the hood. Landlords are coming around everyday. Forget Mendocino or Humboldt, great places to get robbed or federally busted...very HOT areas. Hide yourself in the obscurity of the random towns around the Bay, or go up to Trinity or Lake county and rock something big somewhere. Get all legal, keep your numbers low, veg long, dispose of your trash nicely, be good with neighbors, recycle, and use renewable energy for your grow when you can (solar or wind power). Keep your nose clean and you will be A-OK. Also, word of advice, regardless of what you've heard or read, Cali genetics are getting old and stale...buy or bring seeds, keep PM & RA out of your garden....

If you are both a patient and a caregiver with five patients you can have a maximum of 72 plants in Michigan. That's not too bad and we are far from saturated with growers yet.

Botanist

trust me. Its Oregon. I lived their for 20 some years. I live very close to Oregon. It is still Oregon. I don't think any one in the state of Oregon would even turn you in. The may try to bum off you though.

Cruzin

Ive been thinking about moving back to my home state of Michigan and starting things up before it gets saturated. Go NOR MICH!

Greenmopho

Ive been thinking about moving back to my home state of Michigan and starting things up before it gets saturated. Go NOR MICH!

I'd get on that quick. With HB1284 passing here in Colorado, I've met at least a dozen people that are headed to Michigan ASAP. Its the NEXT go-to state....

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
i'm from CO and i wouldn't say here. or cali. green rush is over in those areas. still green, but not so much a rush. michigan is the new spot i heard. as for me, i'm headed to maine in the next year to do a warehouse there.

ronbo51

Veteran
I lived in Maine for 25 years. Actually got busted there my second year. We thought it was legal. Had a few Afghani's right in the garden. Local yeehah tried to make it a big deal. Maine was the second state to decriminalize, after Alaska. Simple possession 200$. Now Maine is probably the loosest state to do big numbers. Anything under 100 is a misdemeaner. Go see Aeroguerrilla's smartpot adventure in the OD forums. 99 is a lot of plants. Maybe you can't run Bluedream, but you can run a lot of something.

Greenmopho

the last-best-place ta grow,,,, im not tellin :dance013:

we are lookin at an expantion here from 300+ to 1,800

I'm guessing you are somewhere in the Rockies...I've seen ya on the CO threads...hehe!

If I were to start over, I'd go to Montana! No one ever talks about Montana, probably because there aren't many people there! But I've heard of some big legal grows going on up there!

G

grasspass

I'm med in Oregon. It's not good for big numbers or profit. For personal it might be the best. State law says I can have 24 ounces of usable pot. [but only six mature plants] It is state run and the state gets money for each permit. I have heard of Medford city cops weighing wet weed and arresting for over weight. Some grief is heard of from some different city cops , but state police and sheriff seem to leave people alone if they are truly following the law.

herewego

cali best bet. yea theres a lot of stores, but a shitload more people. When competition is your biggest concern you've already become a success. Worry about the smalls things first. Whats that quote, "you have a product that everyone wants" ? Supply and demand, demand is only going up, but wouldnt wait too long since they are gonna start putting up 10,000sqft farms and commercializing after this year. Get out there and make it happen, just make sure you have the capital to do it right.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only issue with Cali is prop 19 if it passes then all commercial grows need a permit and Im hearing these are very expensive. You should check into that before pulling the trigger

Hazelnuts

The only issue with Cali is prop 19 if it passes then all commercial grows need a permit and Im hearing these are very expensive. You should check into that before pulling the trigger

I think under prop 19, large medical grows that were legal under prop 215 (with the whole caregiver etc system) would stay legal, wouldn't they?

herewego

yes all existing is grandfathered in most cases, and who cares if its like NJ and the permit is $5k, gotta pay to play

sob420

Ive heard really good things about Maine, Wyoming and Montana. Besides the legal benefits of Wyoming and Montana, you can also get land dirt cheap and there is a ton of space to go around and weather is decent for a good outdoor growing season. Just what Ive heard but I heard it from some pretty smart people in the business.

E

emerald city

Maine...If your one of the lucky one's to get the permit,cost is 15K,plus many layers of state taxes not to mention start up fee's etc....Gotta run as a nonprofit but you can still pull a good paycheck.So far the state has allowed 8 dispensaries for the whole state..They will eventualy permit more...
You did say legal yes....
As for the laws and penalties,Id say maine is the most progressive,check normal laws.
Maine-vacation land-the way life should be.....E.C/out

Latest posts

Latest posts