What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Licensing Do I Need (In Colorado) to be a Breeder?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've been looking and haven't found anything specific to breeding seeds. I'm looking for what it would cost me, licensing wise, to have an extended plant count for breeding. The problem I see is not being interested in sales for at least a few years. I'd like to pay the fees so I can breed what I'm looking for, not for the production of seeds for sale.

Is this possible? Greatly appreciate any input from those involved in this type of setup. :tiphat:
Save

Get a government license at your own peril bro. I wouldn't do it. Especially if it's just for personal use and not for sale. The last thing a person should do in this game is let the government know the details of what they're doing. Guaranteed you will be fucked down the road, sooner or later. Don't do it.

Coughie

The largest grey area of cannabis cultivation is the seed business. As far as I know, the gubberment doesn't consider the seeds to be a useable/taxable part of the plant, so they have very little regulation in place to provide a framework for operating a business whose main purpose is to produce and sell seed.

Different state, but I've been interested in the type of business license and accounting and taxes involved with operating a seed business, myself.

Leaf Eater

I don't know if that is a good idea at all, maybe Gypsy can chime in and give some advice that guy has been through hell and back Better have everything in perfect order with some fancy lawyer on retainer

Latest posts

Latest posts