What's new

What is your favorite or "the best" flushing product?

Greenlife1

Sugar is good i use it all the way through.
the reason i use clearex is it shaves some days off the flush...so i can feed a little longer.

vta

Veteran
I've experimented with most of the finishers and the best results I've gotten is just flushing with R/O and Hi-Brix. I have also tried many different brands of molasses from the grocery store on up and IMO Earth Juice's is the best...and cheapest.

O

originalogrower

I usually just get some from local grocery store works great for me but I grow completely organic.

A

ak-51

I used to use Clearex but I switched to just water.

Mostly because if I clean my reservoir out when I switch to flush, I can leave any excess water in there and use it in the next grow. When I put the next round in I just add water and nutrients. Before when I was using Clearex I would have to dump the res to get all the Clearex out.

T

ThirstyKenny

Was reading around about this a few weeks ago. I'm following Yosamity Sam's method (pretty sure it was him. Sorry if you read this n i spelt your name wrong.) Can't find the thread. From memory he just gives water the last 2 weeks at a ph of 6.2 i believe he uses coco/perl with a ph of 5.8 generally through the grow leading up to the last 2 weeks then changes to 6.2 to make the left over phosphates in the cells more available.. I think that's the jist of it. Maybe someone else who does this and has a better memory than me can explain it better. Read quite a few of his threads so if he's doing it that way it sounds pretty good to me :)

Was reading around about this a few weeks ago. I'm following Yosamity Sam's method (pretty sure it was him. Sorry if you read this n i spelt your name wrong.) Can't find the thread. From memory he just gives water the last 2 weeks at a ph of 6.2 i believe he uses coco/perl with a ph of 5.8 generally through the grow leading up to the last 2 weeks then changes to 6.2 to make the left over phosphates in the cells more available.. I think that's the jist of it. Maybe someone else who does this and has a better memory than me can explain it better. Read quite a few of his threads so if he's doing it that way it sounds pretty good to me :)

Where is the chelation come from?

Chelation is what the flush is for.

I say blackstrap and leave the plants in total darkness in the last week.

-

O

originalogrower

Capt. That's an old overgrow trick been using it ever since.

Could just be my experience since this was no scientific type of test...but I run RDWC and did two side by side runs, one I flushed with RO for 2 weeks before, the other I ran full strength feed (1.4EC) till harvest day. The side I flushed came out 4 oz short of the non-flushed side, and when I did a blind taste test with a few of my patients none of them noticed ANY difference in taste/high/burn quality etc. Obviously if I had the two tested for heavy metals it might show different, so like I said this was non scientific.

Capt. That's an old overgrow trick been using it ever since.
I remember that discussion.

The plants only make the goods at night. And only collect energy to do this in the light.

They have plenty of energy to last a week without light, and they spend that time doing nothing but making the goods.

-

guerilla415

drip clean is great for keeping salts from building up in a hydro setupwhen used every/almost every watering.

For flushing hydro I like to use a light solution of Foxfarm Big Bloom with the drip clean at the same .1ml/gal I use almost every watering at a pH of around 5.8.

I also like to give them 36-48 hours of total darkness before cutting them down.

Hope this helps. Take care and stay safe

guerilla

growshopfrank

Veteran
In my rockwool flood and drain RO water PH adjusted to 5.7 with citric acid for one week with a res change around day three