What's new

What is wrong with my clone?

So yesterday i bought this strawberry tahoe clone. I put it in coco coir mixed with fox farm soil, perlite and ewc. I watered it with some aloe water, and when I went to go check up on it today it was drooping. What might be the problem?

Attachments

• Week 6 blue cheese #1
    Week 6 blue cheese #1
    68.9 KB · Views: 12

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Could just be a touch of transplant shock. It would help to know what kind of light/wattage its under, how far from the light, light schedule, temp, humidity...

Could just be a touch of transplant shock. It would help to know what kind of light/wattage its under, how far from the light, light schedule, temp, humidity...
I have it under a 4ft t5 light; 24hr light schedule, 72 deg, and I don't know the humidity.

Snype

Veteran
Tie a grocery bag over the pot for a few days. She needs humidity. She should fix herself within the next 12 hours after you add the bag. You will still need to keep the bag on her for a few days to be safe.

Tie a grocery bag over the pot for a few days. She needs humidity. She should fix herself within the next 12 hours after you add the bag. You will still need to keep the bag on her for a few days to be safe.
Should I mist the bag as well?

Snype

Veteran
Should I mist the bag as well?

As long as you watered the plant, the bag is all you need. No need to mist. Add the bag and come back in a few hours and it will look better. Also raise the light so you don't further stress the plant. Always raise the lights at the sign of stress.

As long as you watered the plant, the bag is all you need. No need to mist. Add the bag and come back in a few hours and it will look better. Also raise the light so you don't further stress the plant. Always raise the lights at the sign of stress.
Ok. The light is one foot away from it; how high should I raise it?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I would switch the lights to 18 hrs of light and 6 hrs. of darkness. But that's just me. The only time I use 24/0 is out of necessity.(heat source from light being on, bring plants somewhere and forget the timer)

Snype

Veteran
Ok. The light is one foot away from it; how high should I raise it?

It just needs a little light. Maybe 1.5 feet away for a few days until the plant gets better.

I also agree with DTO about giving your plants a dark cycle. At any signs of wilt, I usually turn the lights off for 6 hours.

Even when my plants are healthy, I notice a dark cycle makes plants happier than 24/7 of light. The only time I give plants 24 hours of light is when I don't have a timer around.

It just needs a little light. Maybe 1.5 feet away for a few days until the plant gets better.

I also agree with DTO about giving your plants a dark cycle. At any signs of wilt, I usually turn the lights off for 6 hours.

Even when my plants are healthy, I notice a dark cycle makes plants happier than 24/7 of light. The only time I give plants 24 hours of light is when I don't have a timer around.
Thx for the suggestion DTO. Definitely going to do that; I just need to find my damn timer.
Alright then, I'll raise it 6 more inches.

soserthc1

After transplant most plants will wilt for a few hours , most plant wilt during a dark cycle as a sign they are sleeping. As far as a light cycle that's a debatable topic that I'm sure is discussed in length in several threads ( 20/4 me)

Personally after transplanting new clone I will just add them to the floor for about 12 hrs a good 3 ft from the light until their roots begin to take off

mjlover

I always use a clear 2 liter coke bottle with the top cut off. Mist a little to bring back humidity and she'll perk back up. And continue to do that as needed until she hardeneds off.

ISM2

Just make sure the leaves aren't in contact with the bag.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
The suspense is killing me.

What did the roots look like when she went into your mix?

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I always use a clear 2 liter coke bottle with the top cut off. Mist a little to bring back humidity and she'll perk back up. And continue to do that as needed until she hardeneds off.
^^^ this... and I would also trim off that bottom leaf to reduce surface area and thus limit transpiration. The undeveloped root system cant keep up with the moisture that is being lost!

Gardening Angel

Veteran
So yesterday i bought this strawberry tahoe clone. I put it in coco coir mixed with fox farm soil, perlite and ewc. I watered it with some aloe water, and when I went to go check up on it today it was drooping. What might be the problem?

Hey capt Kush

Snypes on the ball here id only give similar advice

Thanks
GA

Budley Doright

Veteran
El capitan......

its important to know.....

what your plant was rooted in....

Im going to guess tell me if Im right.....

Your clone was bare root..... rooted in one of those misting chambers???/

The last clones I got came from that environment......

Did yours???

Latest posts

Latest posts