What's new

what is wrong with my babies?? Pix

kalikush

****Please click on the picture and look at the brown stuff where the new leaves are forming/emerging*****

I know they are N deficient and probably overwatered, that is not my question

I have never seen this before, looking at some of the plant sickness guides, the only thing close might be a sulphur deficiency. But these guys are only 2.5 weeks old, are in plain seedling starter soil mixed with some perlite, and are just being given plain water, neutral pH. I had terrible luck with these 20 beans from The Doc, none of DJ's BB made it (2 of 10 popped) and I have 6 of 10 DP BB left. They all have this weird brown stuff only on the very new leaf growth. The overall health of these little guys looks very poor and has gotten worse since I took the pics a couple days ago. These are under about 200W of CFL's 6-8" away. I have 2 bagseed sprouts that seem to be going fine so it looks like it is just on the beans that came from The Doc. Any ideas? From my reading, seeds should just be in plain soil given plain water for the first 2-3 weeks or until the round leaves die. These guys are also yellowing, maybe a N deficiency too? Isnt it too early for them to need nutes?

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
The yellowing cotyledons is normal; those will drop off no matter what you do; that means the plant is using up it's stored food it has for it to help it root and grow up so the plant can root and start feeding itself, those act like containers for nutrients they need until they establish a root system.

How often are you watering? For plants that size they should be put into cups to help help prevent overwatering.

They are too young to be fed, but I think you have been overwatering them, those leaves are not supposed to be droopy; and when you overwater plants, nitrogen is not absorbed right and they show deficiencies.
This is probably why the cotyldons are yellowing more quickly than they should, the plant is removing more nutrients from them than in the soil, because the soil is too moist and not able to absorb the proper nutrients.

G

I gotta agree with the gentle feedings. But overwatering is a classic newbie thing - and it makes for huge problems like stich said.

Read up on judging the weight and amount of water in the cup - or pot to tell when it's dry Search "Lifting pot watering" that will tell ya how to jugde when to water - it's Gotta get dry between waterings. Dry, (ish) not stressed. Ideally you want to water just as the plant gets thirsty and prior to dry droop - as opposied to freshly watered droop

Netural ph? they really like low 6's

If all the problems you have eperienced were using the same gro materials and ph levels - it might not be all you. Could be partly the "stuff"
Can you say Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil? It makes it a lot easier becaue it's fairly well tuned to canabiss - I used to think $24 a bag was pricey - but it pays for itself through the grow and at harvest. Mix it about 50-50 with pearlite and I use it for seeds, clones and transplants.

Might as well get some Grow big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bud while your there.

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
FFOF soil is too hot for seedlings, they will end up burning his plants to death; or are you talking in future tense when his plants get big enough?

G

MynameStitch said:
FFOF soil is too hot for seedlings,

Oh really?

Is this from experience? caus it's never burned a seedling here and I can show you a couple hundred posts that would beg to differ with that attitude - -

I have Rez's Strawberry D and Mod's MAT both in 50-50 Fox Farms - plus some clones

The shit is like a gold medal in a cup for growing.

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
YUp, sure is from experience dude; not only that but have seen sooo many peeps put seedlings in that mixture only to have them fried to a crisp

ASk queso45 for one; he had them in the mixture and he had to transplant into a different mixture.

All strains are different so the ones you may have may not be affected, but it's always best be careful and not overdo it in the first place, once you place plants in a hot soil and you can't remove them from it, you will have a hard time until they fully recover.

You have a 50/50 mixture, what is the other mixture you have them in?

CLones are different; you can have them in the mixture; in this situation we are talking about seedlings.

G

1/2 pearlite and 1/2 Ocean Forest just like it said in the first post.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
The way you put it was telling him to mix it; did not know it was your mix you were talking about.

G

SolarT said:
Mix it about 50-50 with pearlite and I use it for seeds, clones and transplants.

Yeah that's pretty FUC-KIN hard to understand. :bashhead:
well for some peeps I guess :spank:

Maybe you could READ FIRST then criticize? ohhhh that's not your style, huh? :spank: :spank:

mus be the same for apologizing,,, not your style either huh? :spank: :spank: :spank:

whatever :cuss:

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Dude, wtf I say sorry all the damn time I am wrong wtf dude; don't push me into a corner I just mis-read your post;When I do something wrong I say sorry and take blame for what I know what I did WAS wrong..... I am a very polite and well mannered person. sorry if I am not perfect like you think you are dude.

Shit happens my god dude; stop acting like you are perfect smart-ass.

Mix it about 50-50 with pearlite and I use it for seeds, clones and transplants.

When you said 50/50 with perlite and you referred to it as "it" I was not knowing what you was referring "it" to You did not list IT as being FFOF which is WHY I ASKED what the other 50% was!!!!!!!!. Learn English before you criticize someone for not understanding your crappy English grammar.

Last edited:
G

Just following YOUR lead stich - only now your gettin pissy - point is - get in my face for whats I know to be right you will get called on it - - I kinda expect the same from you if I **** up

MynameStitch said:
When you said 50/50 with perlite and you referred to it as "it" I was not knowing what you was referring "it" to You did not list IT as being FFOF which is WHY I ASKED what the other 50% was!!!!!!!!. Learn English before you criticize someone for not understanding your crappy English grammar.

MY CRAPPY GRAMMAR?

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND GET SOME AIR, DIP-SHIT -

THE TOPIC I WAS TALKIN ABOUT WAS FOX FARMS OCEAN FOREST THAT IS THE ONLY "IT" YOUR THREE SECOND ATTENTION SPAN AND THE NEED TO BE CENTER OF ATTENTION SEEMS TO BE THE MAJOR KINK IN THIS THREAD

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
The way you posted sounded like you were being a smart ass to me, normally I don't get smart ass back, but the way you posted sounded like you were making me out to be stupid and I Did not like that.

I will show you threads that people have had so many problems from fox farm being too hot for there seedlings; and again like I said it's strain related too; so what works for you may not work for other people; so to avoid ****ing up someones plant I always tell them to avoid it and stop a problem before it may occur; why would you take a chance in burning your seedlings and stunting them and lose money just to try to put a rich soil for seedlings?

Everyone knows when you overfert/rich soil you stress them out more with having to fix that problem......

Here is one thread and I will find you at least 5 other threads, just gimme a few min to show you more

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=72888

If someone ****s up I kindly tell them in a nice way and explain to them the problem, I by far do NOT be a smart ass to people, but rather explain the situation; there is one thing I really don't like to be pointed at is trying to insist I am stupid, I do mis read things sometimes and I do get confused, because depending on the person they try to half ass there post cause they are lazy or don't have time to put into there post.

Last edited:
G

:beat-dead :beat-dead :beat-dead :beat-dead :beat-dead

backtrack your ass off lil girl

For every ONE you can show with problems - I'll show ya 5 successes.

For growing from a bag (MIXED - for the dense ones) - it's hard to beat

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Well I gave you at least one for now, I am looking for more right now; so read on and find you are wrong brother.

G

All you gave me was a huge ration of shit because you failed to comprehend

happens a lot for you huh?

It's ALWAYS EVERYBODY ELSE too, huh?

ya ever think,,,, nevermind..........................

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
SolarT said:
All you gave me was a huge ration of shit because you failed to comprehend

happens a lot for you huh?

I said read the thread! I gave you faqs and if you think I gave you a ration of shit, then you just don't want to face the truth that there is problems with using FFOF with a lot of strains.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Heres another one......

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=66744&highlight=Fox+farm+ocean+forrest

Post by Ganja

fox farms soil has a rep for being too hot for some seedlings, organic, but still contains ferts, its getting hard to find soil that hasnt had ferts pre added

take some more fox farms soil ......flush it to leech out the ferts

then transplant your seedlings into the new flushed soil after you have allowed it to dry somewhat[/b]

Same thread but posted by

Emmy75

im an organic grower too money man. im having the same problem with one of my seedlings. it has nute burn is is yellow and small for being almost 2 weeks. though funny thing is i have two other seeds of the same kind in the same soil and they are perfectly fine.

anyway you can put you seedlings in a mix of earthworm castings and perlite or do what im gonna do and get those seed starting jiffy peat pellets.

Last edited:
G

Sooooo DIP-STICK.

WHERE DOES HE MIX WITH PEARLITE?

THAT IS WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT (JUST EXACTLY LIKE I SAID THE FIRST TIME YOU MISSED IT) -

YOUR STILL ON THE RAG AND ON A RANT HUH?

GO TAKE A MIDOL HUH

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
LOLOLOLOL, what does perlite have to do with anything? Perlite has no nutrients it only ADDS for drainage! We are talking about the mixture being TOO RICH for some seedlings; 50/50 perlite and FFOF is still going to be too rich does not change one bit.

Does not make the soil any less richer.

Just admit you are wrong, but I guess that's not your style huh?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts