What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is this

Sprayed with pyrethium (organic one...3 days ago)...been light off and on rains... can't seem keep hoppers off of em...

Attachments

• 20230710_193716.jpg
    20230710_193716.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • 20230710_194734.jpg
    20230710_194734.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 44
  • 20230710_193627.jpg
    20230710_193627.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 44

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like some disease activity too. Cut out the worst of it to keep it from spreading and give the plant a good deep watering to boost the vigor. Looks like could be some N burn on the tip of one leaf.

xtsho

Are you sure it's not phytotoxicity? There's obvious bug activity on the plant but sometimes the cure can be worse than the disease if not applied correctly.

It's hard to tell from a few photos. But that's just an avenue of possibility.

Also, the cure likely eliminated the pests but the damage was already done and the plants are reflecting it.

The new growth is what you want to be looking at.

Hope you get it all straightened out.

I'm thinking the day i sprayed, which was overcast at the time, maybe sun came out and cooked leaves with fresh pyrth spray.
Will get better pics....nothing seems keep these hoppers off of em..small green grasshoppers and little neon green and orange hoppers

Attachments

• 20230710_193705.jpg
    20230710_193705.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 48
  • 20230710_193948.jpg
    20230710_193948.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 43

xtsho

I'm thinking the day i sprayed, which was overcast at the time, maybe sun came out and cooked leaves with fresh pyrth spray.
Will get better pics....nothing seems keep these hoppers off of em..small green grasshoppers and little neon green and orange hoppers

Neem oil and garlic spray. Good luck.

dirty-joe

is this the hopper your talking about,
ksnip230711-132606.jpg

While I guess it is possible they can transmit disease I have personally never seen an outdoor MJ plant without them. And I don't think they do a lot of harm to an otherwise healthy plant.
That said I really don't like ANY bugs on my plants, poking holes for disease to enter, not to mention the pissing, and defecating on the plants is a big cause of mold starting.

Maybe try those sticky traps, yellow sticky things.
Or I don't know how effective it is, but also maybe insecticidal soap.

Cuddles

Neem oil and garlic spray. Good luck.
garlic sounds interesting, I ´m not sure I´ve heard about it before or not. Do you just boil some cloves and use the water? Could watering your plants with it help in anyway to prevent problems for example bugs etc from settling on the plants int he first place?
This is very interesting :)

xtsho

garlic sounds interesting, I ´m not sure I´ve heard about it before or not. Do you just boil some cloves and use the water? Could watering your plants with it help in anyway to prevent problems for example bugs etc from settling on the plants int he first place?
This is very interesting :)

Yeah just mince up some garlic cloves and let them simmer for 15-20 minutes then let cool and sit overnight. Strain, add a couple drops of soap as a surfactant, and spray. It doesn't kill them but repels them as they don't like the garlic. I wouldn't use it in flower. You can add other stuff like hot peppers or a little bit of sesame oil. Even some citric acid to make it a contact killer for soft body insects.

The garlic also has sulfur which can help prevent powdery mildew.

I've been making my own organic sprays for years and have found them to be very effective.

Cuddles

Yeah just mince up some garlic cloves and let them simmer for 15-20 minutes then let cool and sit overnight. Strain, add a couple drops of soap as a surfactant, and spray. It doesn't kill them but repels them as they don't like the garlic. I wouldn't use it in flower. You can add other stuff like hot peppers or a little bit of sesame oil. Even some citric acid to make it a contact killer for soft body insects.

The garlic also has sulfur which can help prevent powdery mildew.

I've been making my own organic sprays for years and have found them to be very effective.
onions are also full of sulfur, have you experimented with them too, I wonder if they would also do the trick?
how about not just spaying but actually watering them with garlic water. Do you think this could be just as effective ?

Last edited:

xtsho

onions are also full of sulfur, have you experimented with them too, I wonder if they would also do the trick?
how about not just spaying but actually watering them with garlic water. Do you think this could be just as effective ?
Onion can be used as an insect repellent spray. I have never watered my plants with garlic water. I have read about it's use using that method but it can be detrimental if overused. I don't see any need to water plants with it. The spray is effective at deterring pests due to the Allicin in the garlic which is a natural pest deterrent.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Xtsho, you know any natural sprays that would be used in flower
Organic Active oils like Soybean and Corn oil are fine to use at any time. This is a very common preventative and is approved as a fungicide/Miticide. Ive been using Growsafe for a decade. Its not harmful to bees, I love the stuff. GrowSafe is made of 100% FOOD-GRADE INGREDIENTS that can be purchased in any grocery store and is also OMRI listed for organic use. You could make your own.

Last edited:

browntrout

Veteran
Almost looks like wind/sun burn you see when going from indoors to outdoors. Albeit a bit different and not as whitish. Looks healthy otherwise. I doubt it will be a recurring issue.