What's new

What is this weird fungus like stuff on my stems?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The closest I can find to it is Fusarium Wilt.

https://zombiegardens.com/cannabis-grow-rooms/cannabis-diseases/

"Fusarium wilt is most common in warm grow rooms and greenhouses. Recirculating nutrient solutions above 75° F (24° C) creates perfect conditions for Fusarium. The water and nutrient solution carries this disease with it when contaminated."

Maybe you can slice open one of the infected branches and see if the infection also spreads to/from inside the branch.
Fusarium Wilt is deadly and plants that get it don't last long. If a plant has a fungus and lives it's not Fusarium Wilt.

Ca++

I'm happy to of narrowed this down to a fungus issue, with cause and effect and ideas to fix it. The exact fungus is something I don't really need to know. It may not even have a name yet, there are so many. Just getting it in the corner has taken long enough. It's time to use a broadly effective fungicide that won't bugger up the grow. Which isn't that easy..

I spray with a PK acid mix, that has a contact effect, and a lingering systemic effect. It's not PK we are used to, but a group that's not available until it breaks down over a couple of weeks. If offers control of the fungus issue I seem to find everywhere. Enough to make it a very common fungus. Though it's name could be Harry for all I need to know. Harry the fungus.

The more important name is organocide. An approved chem for us.
It might be useless for an infected bed though.

Latest posts

Latest posts