What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is this junk?

budsicles

My friend saw this product for sale. It is a wax for dabbing, but it contains numerous additives which I don't understand.
Why would a company add the following ingredients to such a product?

corn oil
soybean oil
rubbing alcohol
table salt
epsom salt
soap bark tree
azadirachtin
cottonseed oil
garlic oil
oleic acid
lauric acid
sodium bicarbonate
bacillus amyloliquefaciens

Attachments

• IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 32

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Half of those seem like things that were used on the growing plant as fertilizers, but the oils are really weird ingredients? Especially for something that says right on it is for inhalation of the vapors. I'm not having any luck finding any information about that company on google. But that does look like an ingredient list for an aromatherapy candle come to think of it. I think they selling candle wax with THC in it :yoinks:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Is that a joke??? Azadarachtin is mite killer in neem oil. Should never be used within 30 days of harvest.

This looks like a concentrate from Colorado. They are required to list all the substances used to cultivate the plants on the box, even if it might not actually be in the final product, for concentrates.

Leaflet

The license number is assigned to:
HGCO LLC, Colorado Springs, CO
(Harmony and Green Company)

Interestingly that name results in lots of search hits for "the largest marijuana fraud case" and it appears they may not be in business anymore.

budsicles

This looks like a concentrate from Colorado. They are required to list all the substances used to cultivate the plants on the box, even if it might not actually be in the final product, for concentrates.

Is this a new thing? My buddy that sent me the pic has been getting concentrates in Colorado without the extra ingredients listed. Rubbing alcohol, sodium chloride, and baking soda also seem like weird things to use on a plant. I guess they could be using isopropyl to winterize instead of ethanol, then baking soda as pH up (strange), and sodium chloride from sea-90 or some other ocean mineral product. Or maybe they are used in some chemical process to further refine the wax after winterizing. I don't know.

The license number is assigned to:
HGCO LLC, Colorado Springs, CO
(Harmony and Green Company)

Interestingly that name results in lots of search hits for "the largest marijuana fraud case" and it appears they may not be in business anymore.

The plot thickens...

Last edited:

delerious

Half of those seem like things that were used on the growing plant as fertilizers, but the oils are really weird ingredients? Especially for something that says right on it is for inhalation of the vapors. I'm not having any luck finding any information about that company on google. But that does look like an ingredient list for an aromatherapy candle come to think of it. I think they selling candle wax with THC in it :yoinks:
That was my thought. I used to buy Wax Melts to put in a dish that set on top of my SSV. Could be some still around. I melted it before or after vaping not during. Now I'm more likely to grab a spray can of scents for cigarettes. 70's it was Ozium, good but expensive.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ummm, has anyone done a GC analysis to see what is actually there? Did the manufacturer do one?

Most of that stuff has nothing to do with extraction, begging the question of where it was in the process.

budsicles

Ummm, has anyone done a GC analysis to see what is actually there? Did the manufacturer do one?

Most of that stuff has nothing to do with extraction, begging the question of where it was in the process.

Not that I know of. I got the picture from a friend who got it from another guy that sells second hand. So it looks like a crap product that has found it's way into the black market.

Drewsif

You guys don't know how legal weed is grown?

Commercial grows are INFESTED with mold. Eagle 20 is illegal in Colorado. So what's the alternative? Well you either divert the shit, or..

Canola oil baking soda, karanja, limonene, all that shit is sprayed routinely through flower on all these big grows.

Its so bad alot of these grows have different blends for different "strains".Rosemary for floral, mint for cookies. Half the fuckin country thinks they are smelling Chem when they get some hay sprayed with garlic water. And the more oil the better because that means it's "fresh" and won't turn to dust.

Legal weed, a god damned JOKE.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Commercial grows are INFESTED with mold. Eagle 20 is illegal in Colorado. So what's the alternative? Well you either divert the shit, or..

Canola oil baking soda, karanja, limonene, all that shit is sprayed routinely through flower on all these big grows.

Its so bad alot of these grows have different blends for different "strains".Rosemary for floral, mint for cookies. Half the fuckin country thinks they are smelling Chem when they get some hay sprayed with garlic water. And the more oil the better because that means it's "fresh" and won't turn to dust.

I know how some legal weed is grown, but point made and taken.

Contaminated product also means a contaminated extraction system, including the recovered solvent used for subsequent extractions.

I know of one highly polarized incident by where the starting material tested below test detection limits and the concentrate above, which as you might imagine led heated debate.

indagroove

Veteran

Interesting. I hadn't previously realized that limonene was an anti-fungal. Makes me wonder if strains which are naturally high in limonene are more mold resistant.

mexweed

Veteran
a lot of home grows are moldy too, and a lot of those growers cry about how nasty recreational weed is in hopes of scaring people into buying their stuff, nothing stopping a home grower from using a banned product

PDX Dopesmoker

a lot of home grows are moldy too, and a lot of those growers cry about how nasty recreational weed is in hopes of scaring people into buying their stuff, nothing stopping a home grower from using a banned product

If they smoke the stuff themselves that will often prevent them from using something they worry might be harmful to the consumer

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran

I grow my own and do so as the only option to the market.

I feel bad for the growers that rely on use of questionable
practices, it will catch up to them, always does.