What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is there to do besides joining the military?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Nick, whatever it is you decide to do just make sure it's something you love.

love fast cars? go to automotive school, get a job and then hobby at the race track, you'll find your way.

love food? culinary school, btw as people eat 3 meals a day your trade will last your lifetime if you desire to work it.

the structure you'll get will be in class studying again, but this time you're studying for a life's career so you'll find the discipline you might have been lacking in the years of your primary education.

make sure you pay for school yourself so the sting of wasting money if you fail will be felt only by you.

of course if you've already got a 'golden radio voice' you might try panhandling, who knows anything can happen.......

ted_williams.jpg

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
try politics.
all you need to know is how to prevaricate, cheat, steal, and murder without conscience.
many peeps get their jollies this way...and you can retire with pay after one term? wtf...

imadoofus

Veteran
i havent read any earlier post, and for that i apologize. but i will say this. research the governments own testing on UNKNOWING members of its own military then denying them compensation for ill effects.

kinda makes the choice for you.

john cutter

Get a job on a WOOF. They are located all over the world and it's easy to get a place to work. Travel is good for finding out what you want in life and the structure of gardening is better than any thing you will get out of the military.

Darth Fader

If you join the military, stay out of the army & marines unless you'er looking for action. I think it would be great to go in to the Air Force or Navy to be a be a Jet or chopper mechanic.

uraverage

If i had it to do over, i would have taken the time to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail. You only live once.

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Become a cab driver you get to meet different people and make some side cash and don't need a piss test and it's not hard work ese` and you get to hookup with alot of chicks..

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel stuck with no where to go. But i need something in my life, i need structure. I thought about joining the military but im so against the war and cant see myself fighting for something i dont believe in.

What are some other options.

:emo:

joining the military isnt for everyone...but you might be surprised how many people have joined, and benefitted, who thought they would NEVER be cut out for the military...when i signed up, while i did have the family tradition hangin over my head, i did it because i felt i had no other options. (course i played up the tradition part w the fam!:))...joining the military nowadays, well, i dont know much about how it works now...but depending on your test scores, you might be surprised whats available outside the combat theatre...when i went in, they were begging me to learn chinese and many other jobs not involving combat...i just wanted to be a DAT...anyways...it may be right for ya...many are serving who dont believe in why we are in affy or iraq, but are proud to support thier countrymen and women during a tough time for all countries involved...
---that being said, the us govt can suck my fukn cock for what they put me through those fukn pricks...and for what they have failed to do to help me and so many brothers and sisters....but im proud of what ive done, who ive known and what ive been through...it shapes every aspect of my life, good and bad, it has helped define who i am and how i am...and i would do it again...good luck

Classic Seeds

Veteran
you got a few choices go back to school and learn a skill that will carry you through life .you can apprentice to a trade if your not afraid of hard work and being told what to do and again it will usually involve some form of classes a few nights a week. you can marry a rich women and be her pet boy toy.you can pin a want add from the paper to the wall and throw a dart and go apply .the military is not a easy life where ever you are you will have to fight sooner or later you can thank the U.N. for that and it goal of world peace one war at a time .what ever you do time to do it the older you get the harder it is to find a job that wants to train you .join the circus wash dishes flip burgers or be a bar tender its all work and the more you know the more you can earn .

even the oil fields pay well a lot better than most jobs but you work your butt off on a rig you do not have to be smart just tough as a pit bull and just as loyal to your crew you have to show up on time every day or your gone .but the dope comes in 5 gallon buckets and the joints are 30 feet long and the hours are till you drop sounds good better than school?.so its really up to you what you do .what do you want out of life nobody is going to just hand you a pay check and tell you come back next week for another thats called welfare and even they exspect you to do something for the hand out. lots of luck finding your self and what you can do with life

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Grow your way thru school ...plenty of accredited online universities & trade schools
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=ie7&q=online+universities+%26+tradeschool&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7TSNF#hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7TSNF&sa=X&ei=MWKVTb6CE9KD0QGVws30Cw&ved=0CC0QvwUoAQ&q=online+universities+%26+trade+school&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=a9acdcd2312857c2

Many online degrees have become as respected as attending actual classes , remember you have a lifetime of learning ahead , so start to feed your head .

Get out the door & go ask questions of anyone in any field you might like to get into ...you'll find most people love to talk about how they got started in their fields & careers . Be surprised what you can learn from just being inquisitive ...

* Remember ---> Cr@b fishing in Alaska , isn't for everyone !

;)

THC123

Veteran
sorry brother for destroying ya dream!!

You cant smoking a fatty while flying!!

i know but i wont go for pilot

my buddies still smoke n they just stopped during their the first 1.5 years till they passed all the tests

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
If i had it to do over, i would have taken the time to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail. You only live once.

i like this alot

bottom line is your not sure what you want to do yet and this is a great way to connect to the world and do it cheap while you ponder the question what do I want to be when I grow up

im gonna share a life secret with you

id rather work to live than live to work, but I know that if I find something I can be passionate about that also feeds me i have reached the apex of human wealth

its ok not to know right now and its ok to take some time to find out, just dont squander the time or get addicted to drugs or catch a social disease or weave bad karma

What is there to do besides joining the military?

learn dog whispering.

you will learn focus and discipline, and there is lots of need out there.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
there are plenty of military branches where you dont be serving on the front lines, etc.....try coast gaurd or something like that.

i always wanted to join up and be a crew chief...basically the guy who sits on the sides of the helicopter with the mini-gun!

outdoor season is around the corner....you could start a plot, or move out to nor-cal and get a trimming job.

alaskan fisherman are clocking 100k+ every season...

go buy a lincoln towncar, and be an illegal cabbie in your local nightclub scene. could be interestin....