What's new

What is the KEY to get nice maleable hash from dry (or not?) bubblehash!? help please

hgl

Hey guys how are you..!

I have another question for you... I might be boring with all those questions but when I ask.. it's because I didn't find any answer in my previous search so I hope the infinite knowledge of ICMAG will finally help me!

Alright.. here it is.

What does I need to do to make great malleable hash!?

I've been making bubble hash with some random eBay bubblebag and each time, we just can't find the recipe to get plasticine-like hashish?

Previously, we were trying to roll it right after the hash have been pressed trough the dry screen. It never worked very well except from the 25 and 45u. Never worked with 75 and 140u.

Yesterday, we made a batch of hash and we let it dry completely without trying to roll it... now we have a good powder of hash and we can'T wait to make some good looking hash.

Thanks

P

Purple_trees

Good question.. Ive also had the same type of problem with making hash. Would like to know the answer

hgl

Some example of what I'm thinking..
P1060831.JPG

IMG_4621.jpg

THIS! Second from left... THIS is what I want!!!
IMG_4628.jpg

I

IE2KS_KUSH

If that is what you want, I don't think it is too tough. I read your post, and basically I have had the same experience. What I did was take my dry product, get it all together, and pressed it very hard between 2 grinders, so that it stuck together. Then you start working it with your hands, folding it and re-pressing it until the dry powder like stuff is all sticking to itself. Then just continue to hand press it. I have made bubble hash not knowing anything that turned out exactly as pictured 2nd from the left. Just takes some time, but you will get it. Just keep pressing and rolling it in your hands. That's what I did anyway. That being said, I wasn't too impressed with it, but that probably has alot more to do with start material and the process than how it looks you know? Mine never bubbled, just burned like charcoal, turned to white ash. Hope that helps.

hgl

Thanks for your income guy...!

gunnaknow. yeah this thing is impressive... that look like plasticine!

I'll try something tonight and let you know what my result are.!

hgl

Well... tried yesterday with absolutely no success. I put it in some cellophane and started working on it with long clamp and with my hand. I try to play with it the most I could but still... the texture stayed sand-like without any progress toward plasticine like material... :S

Guess the kind of trim and weed we use just wasn't good enough maybe?

Help! :(

HazeVentura

put the sand-like material in a plastic bag lay it an the floor and hit it with a rubber mallet really gentle for min 10 minutes.....this should work!

peace HV

and then you get something like this..........

Attachments

• RIMG0076.jpg
    RIMG0076.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 61

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
Heres a couple of ways i've done it ,take your kief put it between two peices of parchment paper fill a mason jar with hot water and start rolling it back and forth
OR i make like an envelope out of the PP fold it up put it in my shoe and take a walk.

BUT the easiest way i found ,Was to buy a POLLEN PRESS at my local head shop .these are great and some have cool designs on the lids

And you should allways let your water hash set out broke up on a piece of carboard over night so all the water will evaporate, presses alot better.

I N Hail
Sorry so short have to go ill chime back in with more details later if need be

hgl

BUT the easiest way i found ,Was to buy a POLLEN PRESS at my local head shop .these are great and some have cool designs on the lids

Yeah doing this will not make the hash really malleable...

I want something malleable because we smoke our hash with "boots"... I take a small amount of hash and place it on a cigar or cigarette then in a bottle to collect the smoke. When the hash is plasticine-like its easy to separate and easier to size our puff...

Thanks !

Wayzer

Hey HGL... i make hash on a regular basis, and this is the best advice i can give you.....

I use a 75 and 25 micron screen to harvest my trichomes..... Getting that sticky malleable really depends on the type of weed u are using for the hash... this in my experience is a key factor. secondly, freezing what ur planning on using tio make that hash and not overdrying what ur gonna use... I personaly have had the best experiences with wet bud/leaf... u wont get as much much ull get a better quality. Also, in recent trials i have found if u can get ur hands on a 66 micron bag, it will almost always collect a sticky resin no matter what u use.... Do u use a bubble machine or a hand mixer, or maybe another way....

66micron

picture.php
25 micron

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Wayzer, this is the hash I dream about making some day... any chance of a walk through your process? or is the info above pretty much all I need to know?

m00

easy way is to dry it while its still in the bag by scrunching tissue paper on the outside of the bag. then when you tip it out its in nice semi dry lumps and theres no pools of water. ball this together wet, press it between some more tissue then hand press. remaining water will surface and end up on ur fingers. repeat until dry and compact.

THC123

Veteran
very interesting info , i'm gonna try it this weekdn cuz i got a lot of unpressed heaps of trichs

also am making more holidays bubble friday and saturday

m00

Hey HGL... i make hash on a regular basis, and this is the best advice i can give you.....

I use a 75 and 25 micron screen to harvest my trichomes..... Getting that sticky malleable really depends on the type of weed u are using for the hash... this in my experience is a key factor. secondly, freezing what ur planning on using tio make that hash and not overdrying what ur gonna use... I personaly have had the best experiences with wet bud/leaf... u wont get as much much ull get a better quality. Also, in recent trials i have found if u can get ur hands on a 66 micron bag, it will almost always collect a sticky resin no matter what u use.... Do u use a bubble machine or a hand mixer, or maybe another way....

66micron

picture.php
25 micron

i have reconstructed your fingerprint from that hash picture and sent it to the police.

drugs are bad. mkay.

MapleMonk

hi,
take a lighter and bring it in contact with your powder ,does it bubble ?
if so, there is enough resin in your hash that it will stick together when dry and using a handpressing method.
i let my bubble dry for at least 7-10 days with a little pc fan blowing near (cold air)
this helps not only to prevent mold, also you can store your hash much longer without the material getting crumbly ....

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it wont stick to itself with minimal pressure its just not pure enough to be gooey hash. You can press kief into diamonds but it still wont bubble, it will burn more like incense.
I'm not sure I understand why you would want to break open the trichs by squeezing. Think of way back when Mr. Whipple said "please dont squeeze the shaman!" errh, I meant Charmin.
Once the glands rupture the thc begins to break down and it wont hold the buzz it had originally overtime. It has to be sticky to melt and it has to be pure enough to be sticky. This is the reason so much hash over the years has been adulterated with other substances. Add something gooey to make it stick better and hey, it weighs more now.
My first runs with the screens turned out extremely dissapointing.
None of it was melty or sticky. I was making much better dry sift already.
Well I was using too much material which alot of shouldnt of even been used. Only use your scrap thats resinous. Dont add the big fan leaves. My second mistake was the duration of agitation.
I was agitating it for a good 15 minutes before letting it sit.
I now only agitate for about 2-5 minutes on the first run.
I use a paint mixing drill attachment attached to a drill to agitate with. Here is a pic. some of the mixer bits can wreck your workbag, be careful!
picture.php

I usually use fresh frozen trim as it is less likely to break down into particles that end up in the hash. Dry ttrim works fine but will get polluted more quickly.
After agitating I let the bucket sit for a minute or two.
After that I pull the workbag and pour a gallon of water through the ice to pull more trichs through rather than wait for it to settle down over time. Water destroys terpenes, the longer your hash sits in the water the more of its original scent and resin profile can be lost.
This first pull brings 50-70% of the smokeable bbl hash out of the mix. This is the stuff you want. very few impurities and bubbles like mad.
If your amount of trim is large the second agitation can bring a good amount too. THe more of the total resin you try to reclaim, the more impurities will end up in the product.
The quick pull on the first run brings alot of the resin you'll get and its fantastic. For getting as much out as you can, wait till the second round for that. I still dont agitate for more than 10 minutes the second time.
Another way of making sure you get your trichs worth is too take the ice and scrap and put it in a stock pot. melt down the ice, add butter, simmer then strain.
Soon enough you've got cheese and butter to enjoy!
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

hope some of this helps your cause
RM

m00

ok so i just got bag of frozen trim from a friend and made some hash with it. after stirring it a load of perlitte surfaced and some soil *great*. now the hash has a load of dirt in it.

anyone know a genius way to seperate it or am i fscked?