What's new

What is the highest quality 1000 watt hps ballast and good for me to start with?

gus738

I have 1000w horti with the 1000w multi watt lumatek 600w 750w 1000w i also have a galaxy 1000w and for the hood i suggest magnum xxxl 6 and if heat no problem remove the glass that is on the hood. i listen to snype and as far as bulb/watt . 1k is not alot of power granted on 120v it uses about 9a which is consider most of the fuse useage . now if you had a 240v then cut the amp usuage to half .

i think that with the magnum hood i suggested and a 1k horti bulb you can get a good foot print with a 4x4 . side note : i dont think their is ever enough weed so yeah i second with jman11

Snype

Veteran
is there any difference between the air cooled ballast and the normal lumatek digital ballast? if i was to get another ballast dont they have to be plugged in completely different sockets to? i was reading that if you plug them in using the same one then less power gets to them since they use a certain amount of volts. another thing is that if i was to get another 1000w hps how far should i place the 2 lighting fixtures from each other? i was thinking of getting a fixture that holds 4 inch 54w 6500k t5's for vegging to, so i can take clones and veg them while plants are flowering. how would i know how many 54w t5's i would need for my plants because i have seen fixtures that hold all different amounts. i added you to my friend list but it wont let me pm you for some reason.

My bad I didn't see your post until now. You can't PM members until you have 50 posts. I'm not sure what air cooled ballasts are. If you have a 20 amp (110 Volt) breaker, you can plug in 2 thousands. If you use 30 amp (240 Volt) you can plug in 4,000 watts. On a regular 15 amp (110 Volt), you can only use 1 x 1000 Watt light.

As far as your T5's, get the Pioneer VI. It has 2 switches on them so you can use 4 of the bulbs instead of 6 if you wanted to. I only use 4 of the bulbs most of the time and they are 54w each just like you want. I have some 4 bulb T5's but the 6 is much better for when you want some additional light. You will be fine with the 4 though if that's what you wanted but I like more options and the 6 bulb is a little wider than the 4 bulb.

528Hz

solis tek FTW.
you can pick up a solis tek digital ballast that will run 400/600/1000 Watts and either MH or HPS that comes with a built in timer & remote for $220 with free shipping. got mine from mbferts.com

Latest posts

Latest posts