What's new

what is the best outdoor strain?

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Hey D. REYx...

I know an excellent strain for you. Biddy Early fems. They are stellar quality and finishe mid to late september with excellent potency and a sweet vanilla smell and taste. The fems are a bit different than the regular seeds. Better! All of the plants are similar in growth and appearance,but there are some differences in finish dates and taste. There arent any autofllowering pheno's in the fems, but there are some very light sensitive pheno's. I had 14 plants. 2 finished in the first part of sept, the main group finished the 3rd week of sept and a couple of plants went into the first week of Oct.

Plants grow to about 7' and yield 8 ozs. Excellent quality. I had never grown any Magus strains but im here to telll you that Gerrit knows his breeding shit. Im impressed. Come Oct 1, you'll be dancing a Michigan Jig!

Green Poison from sweet seeds has a massive yield and decent potency with a very fruity smell and taste. It finishes the 3-4th week of sept. 1lb per plant or more.

Royal seeds "special queen" has decent potency, is tougher than nails and finishes in the last of sept. It can get big -9' or more so you might have to tie her down.

Good luck

D.REYx420

thank you D.S toker u were prolly the most helpfull here idk y that other guy is throwin a fit about some random bad seeds

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
so far the best outdoor strain i ever grew wasn't an outdoor strain..I grew Rez's Chemdog now granted it needed to be brought inside so it could finish up..Which i am fortunate to have access to a greenhouse...That being said though the Chemdog was hands down the best OD I have ever grown or smoked and everyone i smoked it thought it was indoor..LOL thats when you know you have good outdoor when your friends say nice indoor..I live at 43 degrees lat and most strains need to be harvested be Oct 15 or they mold or die of cold

But the Chemdog was 10/10 in potency but finishes end of oct

Here is a short list you should consider:
C-99(INHO the best for outdoor strong potency great fruity taste and finish in 45 -50 days
Biddy early
as stated anything by Esbe
early queen-Mr Nice
also take a look at a seed company Secret Valley-they specialize in outdoor stuff
I've always wanted to try Swiss Miss from Paradise
try some Nirvana strains cheap and decent(NL;s, skunks) and many more
I ;ve read good things about Passion #1 from dutch passion
try Chimera;s Ultimate mix-great genetics for cheap
or Dreamtime from Mr Nice

that should give you some help in choosing

ohh and here is what i am growing outside this year:

Chemdog x OG Kush(my own cross made last season)- 5
Mississippi Mud(JLP Freebies from years back)- 4
Sour Bubble-3
Arctic Haze Kush(another cross of mine)- 5
Benji Northern Lights x Sensi Star-3
Night hale ultra/sssdh X Auto flowerende Ak47/ sssdh - 3
Leb 27 x C-99/SSH)a cross made by a member here and gifted to me) - 3

peace
Chefboy

Last edited:
Pick an erdpurt hybrid from hybrids from hell for an indica and bangi haze from ace for a sativa.All this stuff is super tasty and breed to be outdoor champs so fuckin tough and serious mold resistance.The hybrids from hell are breed outdoor in Denmark and the bangi in Galicia(cold wet northern spanish region)so they can take anything that gets thrown at them.

bigbag

Veteran
Pseudo,
was only joking, sativa, indica and ruderalis r not strains, but genotypes. as 4 LUI, not a great outdoor strain, esp up north

H

highsteppa

Guerilla Gold done right is potent stuff and good flavor, at least the #2 was..I heard some people were getting 4 z per plant with the #3. They good if you like indica. C99 will finish, I'd shy away from any haze typical indoor types. With the right strain iti sn't a big deal to take them to mid-oct and come out pretty OK, but the wrong strain will get turned to mush either due to beign too dense or not have ressistance to botrytis.

I think ACE has/had Erdpurt ath the boutique....seems very good but only medium potentcy. KC 33, Freezeland, Breeder brad crosses...

Afghanada

say no too rudi if you want the best! Lui can be fairly early outdoors even up north but lui is best known for being great looking but nothing more.. Id suggest something like dutch treat or if you have a good climate afghan

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
bigbag>> i was joking too!.. anyway, just goes to show..what works for one, doesnt for someone else, for me the Lui works outdoors, i grew dutch treat way back and didnt keep it around, best thing you can do is grow as many diff strains as possible and find one that meets your needs..good luck

Afghanada

yeah pseudo your right its all preference but I do feel there is a lot of sub par outdoor strains out there that have as much hype as they do leaf... funny how the right angles can make a rudi bud look nice and full when its just leaf and small calyxs...

so far the best outdoor strain i ever grew wasn't an outdoor strain..I grew Rez's Chemdog now granted it needed to be brought inside so it could finish up..Which i am fortunate to have access to a greenhouse...That being said though the Chemdog was hands down the best OD I have ever grown or smoked and everyone i smoked it thought it was indoor..LOL thats when you know you have good outdoor when your friends say nice indoor..I live at 43 degrees lat and most strains need to be harvested be Oct 15 or they mold or die of cold

But the Chemdog was 10/10 in potency but finishes end of oct

Here is a short list you should consider:
C-99(INHO the best for outdoor strong potency great fruity taste and finish in 45 -50 days
Biddy early
as stated anything by Esbe
early queen-Mr Nice
also take a look at a seed company Secret Valley-they specialize in outdoor stuff
I've always wanted to try Swiss Miss from Paradise
try some Nirvana strains cheap and decent(NL;s, skunks) and many more
I ;ve read good things about Passion #1 from dutch passion
try Chimera;s Ultimate mix-great genetics for cheap
or Dreamtime from Mr Nice

that should give you some help in choosing

ohh and here is what i am growing outside this year:

Chemdog x OG Kush(my own cross made last season)- 5
Mississippi Mud(JLP Freebies from years back)- 4
Sour Bubble-3
Arctic Haze Kush(another cross of mine)- 5
Benji Northern Lights x Sensi Star-3
Night hale ultra/sssdh X Auto flowerende Ak47/ sssdh - 3
Leb 27 x C-99/SSH)a cross made by a member here and gifted to me) - 3

peace
Chefboy

I'd like to second this idea... I've been running rez's chemd indoors this winter and haven't had a chance to try it outdoors. But structurally it reminds me a lot like the herijuana I mentioned earlier which did excellent outside. Based on it's potency and growing habits I'm sure Chemdog would make a stellar outdoor grow