What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is puple haze...

gj4315

50 Cent raps about it. It is one of the most popular stains in my neck of the woods, but what is puple haze. I have researched the strain guide and forums to greater insight into the lineage of puple haze. Is there anyone who can tell me exactly what the parentage for puple haze is and where can one get seeds?

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
a sales hook!

a sales hook!

yeah, FJ is right. Everybody calls EVERYthing that is either purple or is a haze strain Purple Haze. Sometimes it doesn't even have to be purple or haze for em to call it that. Just a marketing ploy. So if somebody ofers ya purple haze, judge it on it's own merits like any other weed, not by the fancy name. Shop carefully!

G

Jimmy sings about a dream he had, the song has nothin to do with any type of drug.

PHaze is not a myth by any means, it is a phenotype amoung the OHaze population. positronics back in the day selected for the PHaze strain and was sold. ADutchie on Cbay has released a few packs at times and is what i have in my collection.

here are some Pics from TomHill of his original haze......"20% will purp with cool temps, 5% will blow your head off". currently have 7 sprouts of this offerin in veg:yes:

CBF

G

Sharp_Pain said:
Damn CBF those look great !

hey SP, long time bro, the pics are TomHills I just keep um as ref for the ones im growin now. yes that is a amazin lookin plant, very exotic lookin. im really lookin for a nice purp male in the grow, and of course one of the 5% ladies:D

CBF

G

Farmer John said:
In fact CBF is right but Jimi got turned on some Purple acid pills by a girl in the UK and that is a fact, this happened circa 1966 or so and is in many of his biographies, true or not, but it must have had something to do with him suddenly start playing like that...after all, he was a crappy blues player until 1966 IMVHO...and even my dad remembers that stuff being around then and when it still was legal to eat acid...anyway, nice plants and good info CBF that really looks nice but could you upload a bit bigger pic so we can have closer look?
Oh yes, and Lucy in the sky with diamonds has nothing to do with LSD or thats what Lennon said once...lol.

hey FJ..yeah theres so many conflictin stories about what JH was actually singin about. at the time there was no PHaze weed around so i doubt he was singin about that.

readin the lyrics it does seem he was talkin about acid, and i beleive that as well as him singin of a dream. I had read a interview were he said it was about a dream, maybe induced by acid, or he just said the dream thing in the interview to squeltch any bad vibes from the public.

either way, PHaze is real and im gonna have me some, either from this pack or the others:D

purple haze all in my head........
CBF

G

{cough? }
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don’t seem the same
Actin’ funny, but I don’t know why
’scuse me while I kiss the sky
Purple haze all around
Don’t know if I’m comin’ up or down
Am I happy or in misery?
What ever it is, that girl put a spell on me
Help me
Help me
Oh, no, no
[faint, spoken lyrics...all questionable]
Hammerin’
Talkin’ ’bout heart ’n’...s-soul
I’m talkin’ about hard stuff
If everbodys still around, fluff and ease, if
So far out my mind
Somethings happening, somethings happening
Ooo, ahhh
Ooo, {click} ahhh,
Ooo, ahhh
Ooo, ahhh, yeah!
Purple haze all in my eyes, uhh
Don’t know if it’s day or night
You got me blowin’, blowin’ my mind
Is it tomorrow, or just the end of time?
Ooo
Help me
Ahh, yea-yeah, purple haze, yeah
Oh, no, oh
Oh, help me
Purple haze, tell me, baby, tell me
I can’t go on like this
Purple haze
You’re makin’ me blow my mind...mama
Purple haze, n-no, nooo
Purple haze, no, it’s painful, baby

Dr. D

Veteran
mmm Purple Haze

mmm Purple Haze

from wot iv read about PH it was about in the sixties and seventies but the real PH genetics are no longer around just purple weed labelled PH....but IMO someone must have it growing somewhere....peace

top one is Skunk#1 from my greenhouse and the other is Mr Nice Shit from the garden...peace :joint:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Purple haze as far as grass goes is nothing more than a Generic "Brand" put on any purple weed by some1 looking to up the price. There hasd never been a weed called purple haze..there was a long thread about this aaaages ago. It was a type of acid tan that JH was singin bout.
I think Origional Haze has a purple Pheno..and that is where it comes into it if it really is a Haze(Sative) but Knobhead money driven dealers who prolly dont smoke call any purple weed "Purple Haze" even if it was 100% Indica, never seen a haze, they'll still cal it Purple Haze. Shit, them peeps think thew word "Dro" is a strain hahahahaha

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
That bit..

That bit..

.....Is the best guitar bit on the song I think, when he says "Put a spell on me" then it goes really almost dirty sounding and into the bridge....cant describe what I men now, so I sound like Im talking shyte...but I know what I mean,. lol

G

Harry Gypsna said:
Purple haze as far as grass goes is nothing more than a Generic "Brand" put on any purple weed by some1 looking to up the price. There hasd never been a weed called purple haze..

positronics had a purple haze back in the day. they selected individuals from OHaze and breed for the purple phenos. guess noones readin the thread, and i guess those pics up above from tomHill must be photoshopped then?

As i said ADutchie has purple haze and there are breeders that sell crosses of it. I have a pack of um. but then again i guess its just some fuggin purple indica that I have......WTF do i know or any of the other peeps in the know

waste of fuggin time even postin up, cause nobody reads the whole thread, just the last few posts and blabbers on.

wont be seein shit from me any more, just a fuggin waste of my goddamn time :moon:

CBF

Dr. D

Veteran
rant rant rant!!! i read the thread and evryone else who posted probly did...i was just givoing the info wot i had read somewhere and my own opinion and i expect the others were too!!!!!!!! :moon:

G

Harry Gypsna said:
Whooooooo, touchy m8 :biglaugh: :whip:

Be lucky m8 :joint: :wave:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: your prolly right Gyp, snowed out from work, no freakin wheels to go anywhere, my connection is feckin late, and I been readin a bunch of posts this am and cant believe how many guys ask the most dumbazz questions imaginable.......i just read a post a bit ago where the thread starter had stated that one plant is in hydro the other two in soil, two posts later on the same freakin page a dumb azz asks " are they in soil or hydro?????????so goddamn irritatin.

am sorry for poppin off at ya, just snowballin and pop:D no harm, ill just wring my dealers neck when he shows up

CBF

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
S'cool buddy....Iwas only fuckin with ya m8. Man I hear ya bout dealers being l8, I reckon all dealers of all drugs, get membership of some union...and this union supplies them with a special watch, with time-stretching powers, which miraculously turns every minute into quarter of an hour, so 2 mins= half hour, lol. Same when I was a junkie...same when I was into chems going raving....same when I was buying weed, lol. when it was junk, we used to call it "Powder power" ie, the ego trip of being the dealerman, hahaha. what a bunch of pillocks.

G

little more info for the hazey folks here.......

The haze bros. gave birth to the strain that is the real purple haze. The columbian part of the haze was done by the haze bros. It is this original columbian pheno that came to be known as the purple haze. Their original haze was created by using several landraces: mexican, thai, Indian and columbian. This line was never stabilized by them, but passed on as seeds and eventually clones. wernard of positronics fame had two or three of the original clones and made seeds with them years ago. Among the clones he had, was the purple pheno or purple haze. nevil and Shantitaba also both posess the original haze line(haze bros) and are still working with them(although they only sell hybrids). Purple haze is still out there, either in seeds or clones. I know several people with seeds via the bros, but haven't seen the purple clone in several years. But I'm sure there are many others who hold their clone or seeds very close.

I think alot of the mixup on this strain and doubts have stemmed from songs and for the fact that many people call any purple weed, purple haze due to it's hype. Although, this makes it more difficult to verify for some and a myth like G13, there is still a real purple haze around.

That being said, there are probably 5000 to 1 hybrids of the haze around compared to the original. This is for many reasons. easy of growth and finishing time being the most common. And this has not really diluted the line, just made it much harder for the average customer/grower to obtain, as many haven't preserved or sold their original, never crossed lines.

I also have to say, I find an African haze very hard to believe. I have grown pure sativas for close to thirty years, many being African, columbian, and thai. I have never once found an african sativa that even slightly resembled a pure haze. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ragging on you or anything, as it's possible you may hold the only african haze in your garden, and it's never seen
the light of day or by anyone else for that matter. Just my personal experience. take care

GM

CBF

"Purple haze" is not a mystery, it is simply a purple pheno haze. Buy a few packs of some real haze and you'll get a purple pheno. Nothing secret about it but people think its some elesive super strain when it is just a purple pheno haze.

deZerTomB

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Thanks for the info on jimi all, he was a little ahead of my time. I heard he put acid tabs in his headband, then let them sweat into his skin during a concert. Right ON! hehe. No wonder he lit his guitar on fire at the end. My only experience was with tiny green pyramids in college that would melt in your mouth. Say ahhhhh.

And yes I read all the posts. Actually after I posted I was more worried about someone bagging on me since it was really only 40 years & not 50. But 50 cent, 50 years, 10 years after, I couldn't resist.

Alvin Lee could really grip it & rip it.

Latest posts

Latest posts