What's new

What is Pot?

What is Pot?

• Pot is Marijuana, duh!

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • A pot is what you grow your Cannabis in!

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • I grow my Cannabis somewhere other than a pot

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Pot is weed man!!
pot.gif

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Pot comes from the Spanish word Potiguaya, which means Marijuana Leaves. It’s a Mexican-Spanish word that is a contraction of potación de guaya, which referred to an alcoholic drink made of marijuana leaves soaked in Brandy or Wine. The name became popular in the United States in the late 1930s.

I'm guessing before '37--:fsu:

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Pot comes from the Spanish word Potiguaya, which means Marijuana Leaves. It’s a Mexican-Spanish word that is a contraction of potación de guaya, which referred to an alcoholic drink made of marijuana leaves soaked in Brandy or Wine. The name became popular in the United States in the late 1930s.
Hmmmm, you learn something new everyday! But even if that is the origin of the word, users of it today are more under the impression that the word is equating Cannabis to a toilet, or something you would flush down it(like the contents of a the chamber pots used before toilets).

At any rate, I cringe to hear anyone use the word "pot" to refer to Cannabis, especially smokers/growers, its like agreeing with what THEMAN says about it in my ears. I'm sure most usage by smokers is innocent, but I consider it THEMAN's word, just my personal opinion :2cents:

Dealer: Pssst, hey man you want to buy some shit?

Client: Shit?

Dealer: Yeah man, You want to buy some shit?

Client: Hmmm, how much is this shit?

Dealer: It's $300 per ounce

Client: It must be good shit. Okay I guess I will take some

Dealer: Do you need some papers to go with that shit?

Client: Yeah, give me a roll.

funny thing is... I've actually seen this go down, haha.

Latest posts

Latest posts