What's new

WHAT IS OG KUSH MADE UP OF ?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Chemdog cut was the original OG K, go ahead slam the messenger. I had it it was the winner everytime until it got diluted. The awards were real, I hardly had the skills I have now, the cut did the work. My partners told me of the origins. It was the Chemdog cut from Boston via the Dead concert sack in CO. They had it in the family for one generation, it was 17 years old When I first started growing it for someone else in a huge greenie in Mendo. People in a Ukiah Dispo told ME about the guy growing it on the coast. They knew a little more about my scene than I was comfortable with, but regardless, it is a small town. I laughed inside, cause I was the guy they were talking about.

Folks in AMS got to try some Greenhouse grown organic from the Coast in 2006 that I sent to myself. They really showed their appreciation in various ways, Some good some not so good. haha.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey elmar, maybe, but ive seen afghan with the structure of your paki (MLI for example) and paki that has more of a hashplant structure (been trying to get PTK but the only ones i could get wouldnt germ...)
i really wish those guys could have been asked some proper questions about the breeding process, but who knows they seem very vague about it tbh. a 3 way cross, you want to know what was crossed first etc

ive seen Chemdog down as one of the parents a few times.

ive taken it all with a pinch of salt anyway. people really like to have everything explained and pigeonholed and fitting together like a jigsaw.... its human nature but life isnt like that in reality.

VG

mack 10

Veteran
i like the bit about s1's having a short lived high..not that i believe it as I have grown s1's that had real long lasting heavy highs.
Maybe they believe that? who know's.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Why would an s1 have a short lived high ? Seems like the selfies generation would just reflect the traits of the line... In other words., short high weather it's an s1 or another individual from seed from the original line that an individual was selfed from.

I have found extremely potent reverse bred plants. Also ones not worth writing home about.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Last edited:
S

sourpuss

Yep that pic shows the og kush leaves in the paki.... well done sir... guys a genius....

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day SP

Hmmm dunno about the leaves .
But the skeleton of the plant ? I can visualise with some frosty little buds with pointy calyxes .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think the structure of OG is very like thai - you just need to replace the whispy buds with hard little nugs.

you can sort of see it in this thai dominant haze plant. the plant's been scrogged but you still see the bud structure with the big internodes and little buds.

VG

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
C'mon...we all know what OG is...

It's weed x weed. End of story. Next. ;)

dank.Frank

JointOperation

whats so funny about this? point me in the direction of another podcast that actually has valuable info in it..

atleast they talk about real shit.. like the OG Kush story.. the CHEM story.. all about dabs talking to organic chemistry dudes...

i mean shit if another podcast actually existed . with GOOD INFO ON WEED.. i would listen..

i just listen to podcasts when im working in the room.. noticed i get alot of work done with music and podcasts so.. i found a bunch of decent stuff to listen to ..