• YES

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • NO

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
Life is like driving a vehicle with both hands on the wheel, steering like crazy. Only the steering wheel isn't connected to anything, so the vehicle goes where it will anyway.

And if life is like driving, then technically I'm guilty of DUI . . .
smiley_emoticons_joint.gif

idiit

Veteran
i really like this thread. it's "inside work". this question has been pondered by mankind for as long as mankind has existed imo.

when you die what did you get done? that's my answer.

i want significant accomplishments so that at the end of my human existence i feel like my human "tenure" was worthwhile.

my problem was that i did not have a handle on what "the most significant accomplishments" i could aspire and ultimately attain.

i believe in everyone making up their own choices but paradoxically for me i ended up in a guru based meditational yoga where a human spirit can utilize "self empowerment from a higher power". this for me entailed handing over the guidance and power to a higher spiritual entity. it was my personal free will choice.

according to my guru the goal of human life is spiritual advancement. my goal in this life is to transcend my present human spiritual calibre and advance as far as i can spiritually.

According to Socrates the 'unexamined life is not worth living' what did he mean?

free will zone. each one of us makes our own choices.

i don't want to end up the last days of my physical human life realizing that i made a total joke out of my life existence here on earth.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i really like this thread. it's "inside work". this question has been pondered by mankind for as long as mankind has existed imo.

when you die what did you get done? that's my answer.

i want significant accomplishments so that at the end of my human existence i feel like my human "tenure" was worthwhile.

my problem was that i did not have a handle on what "the most significant accomplishments" i could aspire and ultimately attain.

i believe in everyone making up their own choices but paradoxically for me i ended up in a guru based meditational yoga where a human spirit can utilize "self empowerment from a higher power". this for me entailed handing over the guidance and power to a higher spiritual entity. it was my personal free will choice.

according to my guru the goal of human life is spiritual advancement. my goal in this life is to transcend my present human spiritual calibre and advance as far as i can spiritually.

free will zone. each one of us makes our own choices.

i don't want to end up the last days of my physical human life realizing that i made a total joke out of my life existence here on earth.

Just do what makes you happy because everything all of us do is insignificant, except for evolving to the point that we could escape this solar system as anything other than proteins and amino acids. There is ZERO hope for humanity.

We will evolve past human and humans will go the way of the neanderthal, the saber tooth tiger, and billions of other species that are no more.

Think about history. Earth is 4-6 billion years old. Out of those years humans have been around about 50,000. that is 1 hundred thousandth of 1 percent. The universe is a hypothesized 13.75 billion years.

Now think about how the Earth it's self and the sun is temporary. Unless humans can escape the galaxy, all life from earth will die, and there is literally nothing we can do about that. The sun will grow to the point of consuming the entire earth and then it will eventually shrink into a white dwarf, and eventually the super massive black hole at the middle of our galaxy will consume the entire galaxy. I am almost sure that Mars at one point was teaming with some kind of life, and will be the place that just naturally replaces earth eventually. they have found everything that is the ingredients for it on rocks from mars, and at one point mars was much warmer.

Now think about all the Humans that have ever lived. A hypothesized 107,602,707,791 (over a hundred trillion) Now think how many of those are remembered in history by the world as significant. Now eliminate the evil people that are remembered and just look at the good ones. your down to like a list of a thousand people through out all of human history that are known by all as good, and most of them will be forgotten by the time we die.

So just do what makes you happy, and don't worry about impressing humanity, when our entire race, planet, and solar system are as insignificant as a skin cell.

(now what blows my mind is to think about all that, and then try to comprehend the thought of people voluntarily joining war for their insignificant beliefs. giving up their one possible chance at life to enforce some bullshit on other people that you they wont even be around to see.)

Last edited:
B

bench warmer

As embryonic matter and wet-behind-the-ear infants we form schemata we use to perceive our Self and the Universe enveloping us.

These core beliefs lead and mislead perceptions of Perception itself until we finally resign to the idea that we actually exist the way we last perceived our perception.

That is Consciousness ... and it's fucking driving me to the bong again.

Relentless

Veteran
yup.. i often think about this..
if there is no god.. then why are we all here.. why is there a space.. who created space..
ahhh, hopefully we will all know these unanswered questions some day..

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Life is really about crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentations of their women!

baittis

I'd also like to hear a little more of that bombadil's "crypto-nihilistic" thingy.
Could you please elaborate a bit?

BudToaster

Veteran
Don Juan's goal, according to Carlos, was unlimited freedom -- that is, escaping past the Eagle that eats our consciousness, like candy, and being recycled into another conscious entity, for the Eagle's next course. ("Eagle" is just a metaphor for the operational mechanism -- but it looks kinda like an Eagle -- or so i've read).

Latest posts

Latest posts