What's new

What is happening to the USA??? Give us your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
great conversation going here.

im not from the states but I love it there and Im from Canada, so we are kinda in the same boat... considering we got Harper (mini bush) in power for ever.

Sorry if this question is too vague or stupid or something but...

does anyone feel it can get any better in our current state? I mean wont it take something massive to happen to awake the masses?

basically im asking does anyone have any hope in the future anymore? or should it all just crash and burn to be fixed properly again?

im kinda not sure how i feel about my future and im only late twenty something... it looks kinda bleak in terms of home ownership/savings/retirement thats for sure.

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Best wishes, CG. It only took us a great depression to reform many of the evils of greed, pollution, dangerous working conditions, etc. It's only taken a few decades to lose much of what we had.

IMO, the fact we once had things (we recently lost) will make getting them back easier than if we'd never gained the historical data that shows what works vs what doesn't.

^^ so true... shouldn't life get better for each generation?

hell I would love to grow up in different times... now is all good, but seems better before at some time.. not sure when though...

cool i look forward to reading more amazing posts by you guys... great thread, by the way.

when people talk together like this, its part of the solution I feel. global awakening starts small.

_Ina_

Veteran
I dont know for Germany but may be u can learn something from Bulgaria haha;)by the way i,ve never seen such lobbyist like that fucking American ambassador James Warlick. He told our politics that Chevron is just great,clean oil companie hahahaha Who,the children killers are clean and save?!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16626580

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
great read to understand the game being played on the American middle and lower classes

51gfQ2kKlUL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Winner-Take-All-Politics-Washington-Richer-Turned/dp/1416588698

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Something Doug Casey said has my brain abuzz..

Regarding "Getting out of Dodge.."

-- It is better to leave a year too early than a day too late..

hmmmm

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
George Soros breaks down America's future. Surprise surprise. It's the same thing going on in every other country in the world right now. Here's a hint.....riots and chaos.

George Soros on the Coming U.S. Class War
The situation is about as serious and difficult as I've experienced in my career.'
You know George Soros. He’s the investor’s investor—the man who still holds the record for making more money in a single day’s trading than anyone. He pocketed $1 billion betting against the British pound on “Black Wednesday” in 1992, when sterling lost 20 percent of its value in less than 24 hours and crashed out of the European exchange-rate mechanism. No wonder Brits call him, with a mix of awe and annoyance, “the man who broke the Bank of England.”

Soros doesn’t make small bets on anything. Beyond the markets, he has plowed billions of dollars of his own money into promoting political freedom in Eastern Europe and other causes. He bet against the Bush White House, becoming a hate magnet for the right that persists to this day. So, as Soros and the world’s movers once again converge on Davos, Switzerland, for the World Economic Forum this week, what is one of the world’s highest-stakes economic gamblers betting on now?

He’s not. For the first time in his 60-year career, Soros, now 81, admits he is not sure what to do. “It’s very hard to know how you can be right, given the damage that was done during the boom years,” Soros says. He won’t discuss his portfolio, lest anyone think he’s talking things down to make a buck. But people who know him well say he advocates making long-term stock picks with solid companies, avoiding gold—“the ultimate bubble”—and, mainly, holding cash.

He’s not even doing the one thing that you would expect from a man who knows a crippled currency when he sees one: shorting the euro, and perhaps even the U.S. dollar, to hell. Quite the reverse. He backs the beleaguered euro, publicly urging European leaders to do whatever it takes to ensure its survival. “The euro must survive because the alternative—a breakup—would cause a meltdown that Europe, the world, can’t afford.” He has bought about $2 billion in European bonds, mainly Italian, from MF Global Holdings Ltd., the securities firm run by former Goldman Sachs head Jon Corzine that filed for bankruptcy protection last October.

Has the great short seller gone soft? Well, yes. Sitting in his 33rd-floor corner office high above Seventh Avenue in New York, preparing for his trip to Davos, he is more concerned with surviving than staying rich. “At times like these, survival is the most important thing,” he says, peering through his owlish glasses and brushing wisps of gray hair off his forehead. He doesn’t just mean it’s time to protect your assets. He means it’s time to stave off disaster. As he sees it, the world faces one of the most dangerous periods of modern history—a period of “evil.” Europe is confronting a descent into chaos and conflict. In America he predicts riots on the streets that will lead to a brutal clampdown that will dramatically curtail civil liberties. The global economic system could even collapse altogether.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Best wishes, CG. It only took us a great depression to reform many of the evils of greed, pollution, dangerous working conditions, etc. It's only taken a few decades to lose much of what we had.

IMO, the fact we once had things (we recently lost) will make getting them back easier than if we'd never gained the historical data that shows what works vs what doesn't.

i honostly believe the great depression was caused on purpose or at least worsend to the point where we would need the fed res... its been down hill for the country since then. We needed to consildate to the dollar but we didnt need to give a foriegn(centralized) bank the power to print our dollar and take it out of congress(the peoples) hand. We gave them complete control on that day. this is what they did with it.

_Ina_

Veteran
By the way Hilary Clinton was here(in Bulgaria) for a few hours. She was trying to tell us how good will be SHALE GAS for our independence haha What a bitch!!! Better go directly to America,we dont like her :)Even Bil Clinton dont like that women:) She even says: America wont tell you what to do with shale gas,we will not pressure u:) Ofcourse you wont,bitch!!!

polskie27

the end is near look at all the signs world wars hunger and its time to stock up on ammo and food and wait for it...

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
the end is near look at all the signs world wars hunger and its time to stock up on ammo and food and wait for it...

National Geographic has a new series that starts tonight called 'Doomsday Preppers'...

just set my DVR ;)

_Ina_

Veteran
Yes with SHALE GAS doomsday is near than ever:) Billions gallons of water you get,mixing with chemicals and then put it back to nature. What is gonna happen?What u gonna drink,what you gonna eat? Some of your states are already destroyed and i dont see someone here who cares about that. Why? Your politics do it allover the world. How long it will take to pollute all of the water supplies with that stupid technology? Just stop your stupid politics,because they are nasty and have the power to destroy everyone!Tell me what is going on with oil pollution in the Mexican gulf right now? They are destroying their own country,your own country and u speaking some bla bla about Obama and stuff.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
everyone has been programmed to be a consumerist narcissist and to reject anything that goes against that grain

simply put Americans are no longer patriots citizens but parasitic denizens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts