What's new

What is happening to the USA??? Give us your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

F. Dupp

Veteran
And I wasnt likening humans to dogs, I was talking about selling grills to place in the mouths of actual canines. Dogs are too smart to buy them, but their idiot owners will.

And Chad Johnson, or Ochocinco as he would like to be called, is the epitome of my statement about the average Americans main priority.

Attempting to look "cool" while at the core being a classless dumbfuck.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
And the rest are what, fish?
032202_336.JPG

Nah, the rest are people. Animal has several applications.

Wasn't attempting to mislead but I was being facetious with the respective comment.

I made no reference to those experiencing layoffs or health crisis. Im talking about the growing majority who have made created a "culture" of laziness and entitlement.
That's part of the narrative. I posted several decent analyses of wealth transfer and it's affects on the long-term economy. You might not agree with the political appearance but the math is hard to refute.

I have worked hard to create my own destiny. I take care of me and mine, and I refuse to be a burden on others. Unlike many in this country, I have some pride. And the day I depend on a governmental agency to get by is the day I go bungee jumping without the bungee.
Your self sufficiency is honorable. IMO, your view of the less fortunate reflects a point of view that's seldom backed with facts.

We learned about the negatives from parts of Great Society policies. Rather than provide a bridge to opportunity, some preferred to exploit the system. In the 90s, welfare was reformed but the urban myth of welfare queens stills makes the rounds as unfounded debate narrative. We still have slackers - in all walks of life.

Some rich parents have to legally bind their kids' allowance, inheritance, etc in annuities to keep them from going apeshit. But trying to imagine how many of these examples are running around is like trying to imagine how many welfare queens we have - as if reform means nothing.

If I wanted to express resentment at all the so-called irresponsible, billionaire spawn, I'd probably look for some data to mitigate the appearance of bias.

If you are offended by that in any way, feel free to click the NO button in the lower right hand corner.
We only see as far as we're willing to look.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
@ F Dupp.

Yeah it seemed a bit negative. I hear you about not being happy with the situation, that makes sense. We don't gain anything by being unhappy. Rather, we give up time that can not be recouped and we lost it while unhappy. Which is really a shame. I'm not happy either, and even though sometimes I get down about it, I try to be happy overall.

Giving of your time to others is commendable. I've done it as well. However sometimes it can feel less than satisfying when the people you are trying to help don't seem to appreciate it. In a nation with an entitlement complex, that seems to be an issue way too frequently. I enjoy the attitudes of people in other countries, because they seem truly grateful for most anything. I guess it's partially because we have so much in this country, which I suppose is a good problem to have.

Do you mind if I ask where you live, generally speaking? North east, midwest, etc....

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
My comment regarding Paul rhetoric has nothing to do with my representative.
of course not..
obusha cant stand in the light of comparison/contrast with Dr. Paul on this or many other issues.

I wouldn't mind seeing my rep cooperate with congressional avenues but I don't believe he's a weed fan.
nor would i however,he sems more likely to direct his gestapo to cooperate with local LEO to strengthen the WOD

I wouldn't mind seeing NORML and or ASA successfully appeal schedule 1 with JD, DEA whatever (which requests corresponding HHS recommendation.)
fixed in bold.

I wouldn't mind HHS director having the epiphany to recommend the removal of weed from schedule 1 (with need of further departmental action of course.)
fixed in bold

I'm glad you have a favorite.
what candidate most closely mirrors your stance on this issue?
(if that question is not so hard)

The concept isn't as complex as you're attempting.
your probably right..
the concept being you're obfuscations of the good doctors position is either ignorant or malicious?

ohhh
if humans arent animals...
are we vegetables or minerals(leaving the obvious joke aside)?

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Subphylum: Vertebrata
Class: Mammalia
Subclass: Theria
Infraclass: Eutheria
Order: Primates
Suborder: Anthropoidea
Superfamily: Hominoidea
Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo
Species: sapiens

never woulda pegged you for a creationist...
of all the positions you hold creationism has got to be the absolute dumbest.

Last edited:

F. Dupp

Veteran
@ F Dupp.

Giving of your time to others is commendable. I've done it as well. However sometimes it can feel less than satisfying when the people you are trying to help don't seem to appreciate it. In a nation with an entitlement complex, that seems to be an issue way too frequently. I enjoy the attitudes of people in other countries, because they seem truly grateful for most anything. I guess it's partially because we have so much in this country, which I suppose is a good problem to have.

Yeah, I used to go over to the church on thursdays and help unload the trucks, bag up the food, and hand it out. After a few months of watching able bodied 20 year old punks in gangster gear, T-shirts that say "CASH MONEY" on them and have $100 bills printed all over them, wearing Air Jordans, collecting free food, I couldnt take it any more. As a matter of fact, I used to carry the bags of food out to the car for the elderly, and half the time when I would say, "excuse me ma'm, may I help you carry that out to the car?", the little old ladies would put the death grip on their bags of food as if I were trying to steal it from them. And I dont blame them for that, as half of those in the free food line were lowlife thugs.

Do you mind if I ask where you live, generally speaking? North east, midwest, etc....

I live in the upper midwest, in the welfare state. Our freezing cold winter temps are supposed to keep the riff raff out, yet our lax welfare system brings them in by the truckload. My mother is a fraud investigator for the welfare department. Her stories of the scams perpetrated by these scumbags would boggle your mind. But thats a whole nother thread.

I have watched the city I was born and raised in decline significantly. It has become a place where you dont dare leave the house after dark without a big fucking dog or a gun.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
EMBRACE MONEY LYRICS
I can truly say
I don't give a fuck about your money
Because it means so much to you
And all your money
Why does it mean so much to you?

You said the land of greed
I'm talking a world of need
Money has nothing to do
With the value of life
But that's just common sense

You call me up
and you talk about money
I don't want to hear anymore
about money

Look what people do
Trying to get their money
To buy their fantasies based on
The book or the movie
Fortified cares
and modified principles
Convenience is the name of the game

Self-indulgence is the rule
selfish motherfucker
There are no winners
we all lose
Thanks for nothing

You call me up
and you talk about money
I don't want to hear anymore
about money

You put yourself up for sale
You're all sold out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CIzqzFDGis

abellguy

And the rest are what, fish?
032202_336.JPG

I made no reference to those experiencing layoffs or health crisis. Im talking about the growing majority who have made created a "culture" of laziness and entitlement.

I have worked hard to create my own destiny. I take care of me and mine, and I refuse to be a burden on others. Unlike many in this country, I have some pride. And the day I depend on a governmental agency to get by is the day I go bungee jumping without the bungee.

If you are offended by that in any way, feel free to click the NO button in the lower right hand corner.

Because of the fact that you "may" have to rely on a government agency, cause the country was in such a recession, and cause of "different reasons" (some people do have good ones) finding a job that would be worth it for you to sell your time to was so hard, you would kill yourself?

Wow, your a perfect pillar of strength and example with your I don't give two shits about the people that "I" help out with my many blessing that are bestowed upon me!!

People like you don't need to be helping, you might just wanna leave it to the government agencies :D

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
ron paul and jessi ventura may very well run on lp ticket together after venturas non court battle over the tsa ,the lp ticket will put them on all states voting polls it already in place and needs to be utilized to make them a viable continder less obama goes to war with iran to couse martial law and to suspend all rights and elections if we do get to vote this last time every one should take granny to the polls and vote for paul/ventura take you r best friend and sign them up and getem high for it push lie never befor paul and galbreath from ky will make alot of headway go ky

zenoonez

Veteran
Maybe your time? O ya I forgot time is money!! O wait that is another problem with our world!

I was speaking of international aid. If you want to take 3 months out of your life to go abroad and volunteer be my guest. My point is that a system without money is unlikely to encourage people to become peace loving beatniks any more than the current system.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
heard Jesse "The body" on Canadian Radio saying that might be a possiblity to run with Ron paul, He said that he would be Ron pauls insurance policy, cause the elite wouldnt kill him if Jesse was next in line for the thrown.......
TS

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
more talking points... trashed

more talking points... trashed

The 'Uncertainty' Talking Point, Debunked

First Posted: 11/11/11 07:20 PM ET Updated: 11/13/11 10:13 AM ET

WASHINGTON -- With the economy in a slump for nearly four years, corporate executives and conservative politicians have repeatedly invoked "uncertainty" as a major barrier to American job-creation. The "uncertainty" jab is a go-to talking point for any congressional Republican looking to tag President Barack Obama as a tax-raising, regulation-obsessed foe of American businesses.

But according to banking data compiled by economic research firm Moebs Services, the uncertainty plaguing the American economy has nothing to do with government regulations or taxes on millionaires. It's an uncertainty driven squarely by consumers and small-businesses who are worried about their short-term financial prospects. And it's been going on since well before Obama took up residence in the White House.

Since the end of 2007, bank customers have pulled over $900 billion out of certificates of deposits at major U.S. banks, parking their money in checking accounts and money market deposit accounts. Banks pay customers interest to park their money in CDs, but pay out next-to-nothing for money market accounts, and still less -- usually nothing -- for checking accounts.

"These are enormous shifts," Moebs Services founder and Chairman Mike Moebs told HuffPost. "We haven't seen stuff like this since the 1930s."

Money market and checking accounts offer consumers the ability to withdraw their money quickly, while CDs require the funds to be locked up for years. And that heavy reliance on short-term cash indicates a tremendous amount of uncertainty among the American public about the future -- people with jobs are uncertain about whether they will have one in a year, people without jobs have to pay the bills and don't know how long their unemployment checks will keep coming in.

"People are beginning to realize that zero is a good number if the alternative is a negative number," said Ed Friedman, a director at Moody's Analytics.

The total balance of retail CDs -- interest-bearing accounts targeting ordinary consumers -- has fallen by about $350 billion since the end of 2007. Checking accounts, meanwhile, have climbed by an almost identical amount over the same time period -- jumping from $620 billion to $960 billion, an increase of over 50 percent, which has occurred despite repeated threats from big banks to charge new checking fees.

Another $570 billion has been pulled from "jumbo" CDs -- bigger CD accounts that are used by the wealthy or businesses -- while money market deposit account balances have jumped from $3.9 trillion to $5.7 trillion, suggesting an additional flow of money from other investments, like the stock market and mutual funds.

"People continue to be very pessimistic," said economist Dean Baker, co-Director of the Center for Economic Policy and Research, noting that economic conditions like the trouble in Europe could dramatically disrupt financial markets in the near future. "It wouldn't be irrational to stay out now."

This rush to easily accessed, low-paying accounts is a symptom of the recession itself. When people are out of work, they cannot afford the luxury of having their money tied up in longer-term investments. The bills have to be paid.

The shift in consumer banking behavior has also tracked an overall stagnation in the federal money supply, making the change all the more significant.

Moebs runs calculations that correspond to a measure of the total supply of money that the Federal Reserve ceased to cover during the Bush years, once known as the "M3" metric. The metric aggregates the currency in peoples' pocketbooks, checking accounts, CDs, money market accounts and other assets that were viewed as highly liquid prior to the current recession. And according to Moebs, that supply of money has gone from $10.6 trillion in 2007 to $11.3 trillion in the first quarter of 2011 -- an increase of less than 2 percent per year. That compares to an increase of more than 9 percent over the course of 2007 alone.

This kind of uncertainty -- a lack of consumer confidence -- can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. When consumers pull their money out of longer-term investments, banks are reluctant to make longer-term loans, which in turn can hamper businesses, which become reluctant to hire without access to credit. The government can, in fact, take steps to alleviate the kind of uncertainty by boosting demand in the economy -- essentially, spending government money. But with congressional Republicans vilifying government spending on a regular basis, this prospect has been unlikely for years.

"It's really a function of the liquidity trap," said Josh Bivens, an economist with the Economic Policy Institute, a liberal think-tank. "We have way too little spending in the economy, which is why we have low interest rates across the board. But then once you see interest rates piling up near the zero-bound, uncertainty is going to drive people to cash."

The Federal Reserve, however, has options. The Fed has kept interest rates low for years, and resorted to exotic maneuvers to encourage consumers and companies to spend money and boost the economy. But since 2008, the Fed has actually paid banks to park their excess reserves at the central bank, rather than lend them out into the economy. If the Fed wanted that money to make its way to consumers and businesses and stimulate job growth, it could simply reverse its policy -- instead of paying banks interest on excess reserves, it could charge them fees. At present, banks can actually make money by doing nothing with their money. If there were a penalty for doing nothing, banks would work harder to find good loan candidates.

"The money doesn't end up going out into the marketplace," Nomi Prins, former managing director for Goldman Sachs, said. "It would make sense to reverse the policy."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/13/gop-uncertain-economy-debunked_n_1088448.html

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
of course not..
obusha cant stand in the light of comparison/contrast with Dr. Paul on this or many other issues.

I consider that a blessing, lol. Some of Paul's ideas are bat shit crazy.

If you're talking about Obama, shouldn't you drop 'representative'?

You see, Obama is the president. Representatives are members of the House of Representatives.

You know, part of Congress?

what candidate most closely mirrors your stance on this issue?
(if that question is not so hard)
Not hard at all for you to divert from the fact that Paul would only make legalization federal (if you actually believe he could coordinate as much.)

IMO, when he tells DEA to go home, you and Ron will learn a little about existing law, agencies operating under existing law, separations of powers, powerful monied interests against yours (and lots more.)

Hint - I get the impression Paul already knows.

the concept being you're obfuscations of the good doctors position is either ignorant or malicious?
LOL. That's just like Rush. Quote him verbatim and he screams foul.

ohhh
if humans arent animals...
are we vegetables or minerals(leaving the obvious joke aside)?

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Subphylum: Vertebrata
Class: Mammalia
Subclass: Theria
Infraclass: Eutheria
Order: Primates
Suborder: Anthropoidea
Superfamily: Hominoidea
Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo
Species: sapiens

never woulda pegged you for a creationist...
of all the positions you hold creationism has got to be the absolute dumbest.
I guess you wear the hat of dumbest conclusions.

Here's another hint, dag. Your distractions don't distort the message. Paul's words are public record.

I'll keep pointing out the interesting rhetoric and you'll keep playing court jester. :bigeye:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No one is hiring because we are in a balance sheet recession (depression). There is no demand. Everyone including Uncle Sam is broke and maxing out their credit cards. The Fed are printing money (exotic measures) and DC is "investing" (spending ourselves into oblivion) with printed money.

People aren't hiring because the economy is dead and there is nothing that the Washington jokers can do about it. The market has spoken and it is saying it's time to restructure our defunct balance sheet and our bankrupt finalized non-productive economy.

All these "exotic measures" remind me of those exotic financial instruments that destroyed the economy in the first place. More of the same and will end up the same way. You can only extend and pretend for so long before reality has to be dealt with.

Just ask Italy.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
New Deal-type measures aren't exotic. They're credited with creating a strong middle class. We've diverted from social safety net to supply side economics. SSE is credited with record wealth disparity.

The stimulus was peanuts compared to GDP. Hundreds of billions went to the banks and the article I posted shows they didn't operate in the spirit of the action. Banks didn't lend money to spur the economy. They bolstered their bottom lines, consolidated with other banks and they sit on the rest.

What's happening to the USA? We forgot that supply side economics only works for the top. What's happening to the USA? We've politicized proven economics and romanticized stuff that only works for the top.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I consider that a blessing, lol. Some of Paul's ideas are bat shit crazy.
i know right..
legalize marijuana
absolute "batshit"

If you're talking about Obama, shouldn't you drop 'representative'?

You see, Obama is the president. Representatives are members of the House of Representatives.

You know, part of Congress?
so the president is somehow not part of our representative republic?
i always thought he was our representation in the executive?

Not hard at all for you to divert from the fact that Paul would only make legalization federal (if you actually believe he could coordinate as much.)
what diversion?
your error is thinking there should be an amendment prohibiting the states from regulation

IMO, when he tells DEA to go home, you and Ron will learn a little about existing law, agencies operating under existing law, separations of powers, powerful monied interests against yours (and lots more.)
like how congress formed the dea? :rolleyes:

LOL. That's just like Rush. Quote him verbatim and he screams foul.
quote him incorrectly and out of context then add your spin that legalization is somehow less than...

I guess you wear the hat of dumbest conclusions.

i think that goes to the guy who thinks humans are somehow not animals and "legalize and allow states to regulate like alcohol" is deceptive..

what presidential candidate most closely represents your beliefs on marijuana?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
dope_obama.png

pics are fun :rolleyes:

care to try this one on or is it to difficult?
what presidential candidate most closely represents your beliefs on marijuana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts