What's new

What is Going on With My Seedlings!?!?!?!?!?

G

growit1234

I have several seedlings that are about 3 weeks old and they are all dying. This is the first time I have used the Wal-Mart’s expert soil (recommended by BOG) and my seedlings don’t like it. I have read lots of trouble shooting stuff from OG and here and I can’t figure out what is wrong. They are turning yellow. The lower leaves are dying. They seem to be dying from the inside out. The veins turn brown then they dry out and die. Any ideas about what is going on. Please help

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
what kind of light are they under? are they close? do you water them alot? are you adding anything to the water?

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
the information you have given is too vague to make an accurate diagnosis.
give as detailed a description of your grow as possible. (light, temps, ph, ferts, watering schedule, pot size....etc)
this will aid everyone in helping you figure out the problem.

beans

G

I have never used the Expert soil.Whats in it,its not too hot for seedlings is it:? :canabis:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Expert Soil

Expert Soil

Expert soil is not the original soil that bog was using. It is something fairly new at walmart . Expert soil is fairly hot and probably a little strong for your babies... thus turning them yellow. I would try to replant in a soil that is "cooler" and see if that helps... ive got a good hunch that it will >

friendlyfriend

Veteran
Mrs.Babba is right I have used it in the past and its only good with perilite and vermiculite in equal amouts ( 1/3 of each) but I will go out on a limb and say that the MiracleGrow Moisture Control is by far the Best Soil in the public IMHO. It does not need perilite but it is reccomended you add always add some to soil mixes.

By the way the yellowing and narcosis sounds like Root Rot, possibly from overwatering. I had the same thing happen to me in the summer. I thought it was fungus or a viral infection and I was just watering them twice a day when they needed water every two days! Good luck

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
there we go.... nice observation dances and mrs babs ~ transplant those little ones and i bet they'll thank you.

Necrosis...

Necrosis...

Good luck with them baby boggys dude, I'm sure they will come round with time... Sorry about your problem. :wave:

G

growit1234

light, temps, ph, ferts, watering schedule, pot size....etc

They are under 4 4 foot floros about 4 inches above the tops of the plants
the temp stays in the low 80's, the PH is stable ( 6-6.5) I gave it ferts for the first time thinking it would help (Earth Juice Grow at 1/2 tbl per gallon), I have only watered them twice in the three weeks they have been going because the siol has always stayed pretty moist. They are still in the original 16 oz cups. I am pretty sure that it is the soil because I have done several grows with fox farm ocean forest and never had any problems, then I switched to expert soil and I have killed 3 sets of plants

How could I transplant these into different soil and keep then alive? ( should I try to get as much of the old soil off of the roots as possible or should I just translant the whole rootball (dirt and all) into a 1 gallon with new soil?) also what soil should I get? fox farm is too damned expensive!

wickyd

I had bad soil, and I just knocked off as mush soil as I could, but that can damages some of the roots if you're not very careful, some people I have seen dip it down into water , and gently brush the roots and the soil comes out then... but I'm not too sure of the exact process...

anyhow, either flush the soil they're in, or transplant into better soil.

good luck
wickyd

Latest posts

Latest posts