What's new

What is a Haze, what is an OG, define these terms please?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saying Chemdog is a parent of OG is just plain copout. I dont believe chem or the bullshit lemon thai crap.

Chem '91 is without any question, 100% undeniably the parent of OG Kush. Quantitative data from genetic markers have proven that already.

Just like we know that the outcrossed parent that eventually made bubba kush as a pure "Ghani" line that R.C. Clarke still has.

We know one of the parents to Chem '91 -ie Mystery Chem clone from Stanton Island - AND - the other is assumed to be the Skelly Hashplant from Colorado, that is a supposed to be a direct s1 of the PNW Hashplant.

A lot of this stuff isn't a mystery any more. Some of you just don't keep up and refuse to face the facts when you are presented with them.

Knowing the actual parents of the lines means we can pair these long established elite clones a bit more effectively in terms of stabilization of individual traits - because we know when outcrossing we are staying within the same gene pool as opposed to adding more outside information by accident.

OG Kush = a Chem '91 s1 OR accidental outcross, clone only selection, that started in Florida and was taken to California by Matt Berger in '96.

Haze = any thin leafed plant that flowers longer than 16wks - ROFLMAO. Let's be real. That's how that naming scheme goes. Not what it originally was, but basically what it has become. It should refer to the original landrace hybrid line brought to Amsterdam by David Watson.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

highsteppa

Veteran
I dont keep up I guess... so the 91 is mystery chem x skelly? How’d the mystery Chem get out to pnw or where the dog bud?

JetLife175

Veteran
hey dank... where is stanton island???

I think he meant Staten Island NY.

I’ve heard only whispers about this particular plant and I wish I knew more about it myself.

Someone on here has info about it but I’m not sure how protective they are with said info.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah. I always spell that wrong. Staten Island...thank you.

It's very - oniony-greasy-fuel-chemmy frost laden chem cut. It's a real basic story.

Homie from NYC had the cut for years. It was given to him as "chem". It wasn' the D, or #4 - so, it was just marked as '91 and kept that way for years. Wasn't shared very often, but to a few. It was tested by Phylos, with the intent of a breeder verifying the cut for lines it had been used on - and Phylos responded with, what is this and where did you get it. We need to know more. It's a missing link.

Just turns out it was a miscommunication when the plant was passed from head to head and scenes merged. Funny enough, one of the missing parents has been around for a long time, in the hands of growers, being run as something else.

So yes, "Mystery Chem" ie Staten Island Chem - as it really should end up being called - is a known parent of Chem '91.

If the individual involved in this story wishes to make themselves known, they are still around, and can do so if they choose.

The Skelly is a reach - I have no way to verify that - it is a lingering assumption. That would be to say, perhaps, "dogbud" is maybe a hashplant originally. Speculation and whispers in the wind.

It's also known that "Bubba" x Josh D OG fem pollen = Bubba Kush. Original Bubba, was lost, but thought and said to be an NL cut. I'm willing to bet it wasn't a NL but instead a pure "Ghani" line.

dank.Frank

CrushnYuba

So the whole Colorado bag seed is just bullshit?
Or are you saying that somehow the staten island chem made it to Colorado, accidentally pollinated and ended being bag seed in an ounce that got sent back to the East coast.

I didn't think that phylos could actually tell parents. Or maybe they just don't share them on the website. The thing is, who says which 91 cut is real once we start saying chemdogs story is bullshit. Maybe i misunderstood.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Marketing terms for various types of cannabis which may or may not be what it is labeled if it's worth your time.

Maybe try something new that isn't labeled obscenely.

I prefer Chitral indicas if I need my face on the plate.

If I didn't sleep but need to play taxi early morning Columbian comes to mind, but better yet, comes in handy.

But Cookie Cake by Tangisherbetalope by chemsisdawg by pineapdieselquakebooberry may be hard-pressed for renowned pedigree.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe i misunderstood.

How from what I posted did you even come to the conclusion the chemdog story is bull, especially considering I never even discussed it directly. All I discussed is what is known at this point and currently assumed, based on current data.

If anything, the Phylos project, verified the Chemdog story because all those plants are in fact related.

dank.Frank

TheDarkStorm

I wouldnt be so quick to accept evrything on phylos as facts...it shows one of nevil's clones that ace sent in as a landrace with very little in common to most ov the gene pool today..thers obviously big flaws in the system...especially wen they dont have most of the lost landraces as starting points..

Last edited:

one Q

Quality
Veteran
DankFrank- i dont claim to know as much as you, especially bc I've been mia for a few years. But I remember when OGKush pics went up on Overgrow. IIRC, which i prob dont, originkid claimed it was a bagseed. That the whole thing was a mystery... idk I slept hard on that strain at the time... kept my head down growing a few other clones from out west. I was still noob then. Then all of a sudden it was ubiquitous in every damn cross.

I believe you though.

Breadwizard

I wouldnt be so quick to accept evrything on phylos as facts...it shows one of nevil's clones that ace sent in as a landrace with very little in common to most ov the gene pool today..thers obviously big flaws in the system...especially wen they dont have most of the lost landraces as starting points..

That case is a simple mis-labeling I think, it was sent in at the same time as Ace's Mauritius male, and sits where the Nevil clone should be. Swap the two's location and it makes sense.

JetLife175

Veteran
DankFrank- i dont claim to know as much as you, especially bc I've been mia for a few years. But I remember when OGKush pics went up on Overgrow. IIRC, which i prob dont, originkid claimed it was a bagseed. That the whole thing was a mystery... idk I slept hard on that strain at the time... kept my head down growing a few other clones from out west. I was still noob then. Then all of a sudden it was ubiquitous in every damn cross.

I believe you though.

I have a thread I made in the OG kush section explaining everything relating to OG if you want to take a look.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
If I used a real proper authentic haze brothers haze and put it to g13 why can it not be labeled as g13 x haze..iv actualy found long string plants with just calaxes that come out like pure haze from this exact line..I suppose it should be made clear its a hybrid but its labeled as such.

that is very strange, as a lot of old farts which used to get haze buds from Santa Cruz in 70´ swear that brothers haze had compact long huge buds, and that the branches went down in the end of flowering by weight of buds.. no stringy buds.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Haze is a 3-way sativa hybrid, no Afghani, Kush genes in it like Skunk is 2 sativa's crossed with an Afghani ( Mazar).
Always thought OG stands for OceanGrown.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Geeze, what a bunch of dumb asses. Don't know anything.

Haze is when it's really really foggy outside. Like in London in Spring. There is a "Haze" in the air.

And, OG is when you get home from the store and you forgot to buy milk. You say.... OG, I forgot the milk.

OK, those are the OFFICIAL definitions. The rest of this thread is just nonsense. ;)

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
OG is the reason you went to the store to get milk, loaded up on munchies, and forgot to get the damn milk.

M

Mr D

OG - The single most meaningless and over used term in the world of cannabis.

Haze - The longest running misused name of legendary sativa hybrid.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OG - is only a meaningless term to those who have never encountered the real deal. One day, man. Keep your chin up!

dank.Frank

Brother Nature

Lot of good information in this thread :) Thanks fellas! Seems kinda sad the hype/name game has diluted some of these amazing strains. I remember taking weekend trips (to see the Redwoods) on 299 with my mates from high school to pick up packs of OG, at ridiculous prices, then not selling any of it because it was too good to share.

If only we could get those kind of clone onlys where I live now (long way from Cali). At least we get a lot of real 'hazy' Sativa over here, given our proximity to SE Asia.