What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What I Am Growing - LED 720w room

Alatrist

Hello everyone!

I'm starting this thread to show what I am growin as I have been in the forum for some years lurking in the dark but now I would like to step up the game, get better at it and grow the most and best weed possible. Any tips are always welcome.

Right now I have 4 sunsystem led 720w in the room.

AC is always on to assure correct temperature. I veg at 23-24C/ 73-75F and I flower at 28C/ 82F, lowering temps progressively the last two weeks of flowering while I distance the lights from the plants. While veg I keep lights 24 on to keep temps and humidity as stable as possible.

5gal textil pots, 50% soil 50% coco. Ferts are Cannabiogen Delta 8, Delta 9 and Delta 10 (organic algae and corn origin). Bactohemp as michorrizae, biobizz cal mag and aptus silicon.

Alatrist

This is my last grow.

Genetics are a cut of Ice Cream Cake that came recently from the UK.

2 days of 12/12
MWgHYOnh.jpg

9JitcuTh.jpg

jf4LSzlh.jpg

Alatrist

Finished them off with 10 weeks of 12/12

OEmwOvth.jpg

eQopyFhh.jpg

JJGFUt5h.jpg

lbkvlcUh.jpg

3iXaHySh.jpg

And the finished product:

yDcldRTh.jpg

Grow was far from perfect and I learned a lot from my mistakes this grow... :
- Watering
- Ventilation and air flow
- Humidity
- Nutrients
- Light intensity and distance
- Pest and mold fighting and prevention

I will get into details next post.

Have a nice day!

Alatrist

At the beginning I started with only 3 ventilators per side, that made the plants on the furthest part of the grow very slow to dry the soil up... So as I was waiting for them, the plants in the middle got a bit too dry.
That way I learned to always keep the soil a bit moist (never leave it to dry completely) because I could see they were in better health. Halfway flowering I got 2 more ventilators, so 4 per side.

Homogeneous ventilation is a must, as with LED there is much less transpiration compared with HPS for example. All plants should have a similar and sufficient air flow.
Plants on the wet side were thriving, I guess it all came together. Visibly bigger leaves.

I went very light with the feeding as I was scared to overfeed because I had a very bad experience a few grows before where I fed too much N and plants did not recover and I got a very bad result... So this ongoing grow I will be feeding lightly but steady and continously, specifically more often. Every watering soft nutes and once a week a nice feeding.

I kept the lights close during stretch to keep them compact and control them and as I saw them happy during that time I left the lights close, but it was too close and I could see buds out of light range growing bigger than the ones under the light. I backed lights up but outer buds had a nice advantage through out the grow. I light stressed them for a few weeks.

I had a few mites in some places, nothing too big so I didnt hurry to get predators. Holidays came around and shops where closed when I was about to get them predators and spiders got out of control very quick. I had webs everywhere but more on the center part of the grow where plants were in not so good health and soil and everything was a touch dryer. A friend recommended a vacuum to take the webs out so I was almost every day busy trying to save the plants hoping for the predators to do something. Finally they won the fight, but not before quiet some time where I was thinking any moment I would loose my grow and daily vacuuming those damn webs full of literal mountains of those little monsters.
But, in all end, I was very happy I won the war!! Just have to take into account that it takes them some time to reproduce and build an army. They work.

And, as a final gift, I got some powdery mildew as a dessert. Only on the lower part thank god, I sprayed some propoleum and kept it in check.

So as for mites and mildew, the best fight is to start before they do.

As for the plants, I should have done much more cleaning of the lower sites, as many of those buds were of inferior quality...

So it was a nice grow full of lessons! It made me realize I can do much better!

Cheers.

Last edited:

Alatrist

This is my actual grow: Half of the same Ice Cream Cake, 1 single GMO with them and the other half is UK Cheese.

Vegging nicely I proceeded to clean lower parts and do the last topping on the Ice Cream Cake and the GMO, as they are stretchier. For the Cheese I didn't top this time and only cleaned lower parts.

Cake group on the front, Cheese on the back.

yhwgPP8h.jpg

After cleaning them:

tT3qX6Hh.jpg

1XxMX2Xh.jpg

Roots:

pEzGfWkh.jpg

fghYRIXh.jpg

The predators, Neioseiulus Californicus. These are the ones I used last grow and worked for me.

mcq6dWGh.jpg

BGJBpfHh.jpg

This time I also got these ones, faster action they told me at the shop and they were cheap so I said lets go. These you pour over the tops. Phytoseiulus Persimilis.

Bl6DvnMh.jpg

Here they are clean and with their new friends.

ZOCPM3Oh.jpg

There were some mites in some places, so lets see how good they do with some advanced action against them.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Ca++

Resistance is futile
iu

Nice looking grow. It's a blessing to find them in veg, when you can soap them still. Hell to deal with for a couple of months though. I would be drowning them in neem soap, the moment the predators die off.
If you have had them a couple of times, you will know chucking the crop away right now, wouldn't be seen as excessive by some lol

Alatrist

@Ca++ Neem does nothing and neither do strong chemicals these are evolving to fight back constantly! I am confindent I will get them off, and to be secure I will be dropping more predators as bloom starts...

It's hard but I will resist!

Here they are a few days before 12/12, tomorrow I will do the last lower branches trim and some bending.

Mites are not off, but they are not advancing and that for me is a good sign!

vON5dSOh.jpg

Cheers!

Ca++

They look nice.

I have drown the borg a few times. Just wetting agent, so insecticidal soap should be next level. You can't drown eggs though, obviously. So you have to warm the room, to get the lifecycle moving, and kill them between hatching and sexual maturity (I hope I'm not confusing this with other bugs) I'm important factor, is killing every single one, which means total coverage. 100% cover is only really achieved with a fogger of some sort. I have used electric spray guns that make a mist fans carry around the room. A pump gun and wand might be useful to you. Or fill the bath, and get tipping them in. You might have to stop the media falling from the pots, which may mean splitting a bucket like a 2 part mould to go around them. Just so you can invert them fully.

They will assimilate everything given chance, and veg is really the only time you can soak them to the core. Which might work in just two sessions, with the timing dependent on temperature. It's just a few days from laid to hatched in a warm room.

Latest posts

Latest posts