What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What happened to that sticky dank stuff?

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In my memory yes, the terpene and cannabinoid profiles were much more complex. The 'quality' of the cannabis was still poor, at least in comparison to what is possible.

Commercial cannabis quality is even lower quality than most black market quality. On the black market, price is determined by quality. When the quality is low, people complain and pay less. Too low of quality and they choose another dealer.

In a dispensary, the price difference between top shelf (garbage) and lower shelf (garbage) is only a few dollars. If you complain, they show you the door. Most people are limited in the number of dispensaries they can use, so the business model works for them.

Ultimately, I blame the destruction of cannabis quality on the huge influx of cash cropper grow information now available. Super CO2, overfed, under/over mature, stressed plants, grown in hot wet conditions. Almost any cannabis strain is still sticky dank, when grown correctly. ;)

Not sure what state your in but in California there are no limits on how many dispensary you can visit.....only limits on the amount you can purchase.
The difference in indoor and outdoor flower is pretty big price difference...outdoor runs $20 to $35 indoor starts at $55 and goes up to $75 for eights ...we have a Durban poison that’s testing at 41% highest I’ve seen on our shelf
:biggrin:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Not sure what state your in but in California there are no limits on how many dispensary you can visit.....only limits on the amount you can purchase.
One of the things I'm working on is being more precise in what I mean. :) Ty for this.

Cali, having had MMJ for 20+ years, has a very dense collection of dispensaries. Most places only have a few, with many places still only having one or none. This is the context I meant with 'limited in the dispensaries they can use.'

Though, since you brought it up, I believe Colorado is now scanning ID's and tracking across dispensaries? Something new I saw a few weeks ago.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
yeah... pretty disappointed in calif weed - recently went to urbn leaf in SDiego- bought some moonrock, a pre-rolled, and some 85buck an eight shit as well as 2 bags of 50dlr eights... it was all 'ok'.... but no better then the weed grown/bought on the east coast...if u ask who in their right mind would buy 85dlr eights... it was me... wanted to see if there is a diff... i didn't find any... if there was it was slight... won't be buying it again

fvasquez

yeah... pretty disappointed in calif weed - recently went to urbn leaf in SDiego- bought some moonrock, a pre-rolled, and some 85buck an eight shit as well as 2 bags of 50dlr eights... it was all 'ok'.... but no better then the weed grown/bought on the east coast...if u ask who in their right mind would buy 85dlr eights... it was me... wanted to see if there is a diff... i didn't find any... if there was it was slight... won't be buying it again

You did it all wrong. Never buy pre-rolls. Never buy moonrocks. Never pay more than $50 an 1/8th. It's a tough reality, but commercial weed is trash in Cali unless you get it the first few days it drops at the store. Even then you may get some dried up boof.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
I'm disappointed more than 95% of the time when I have to buy weed from dispensaries.
I don't care about bag appeal, or THC% I just want to smoke herb that actually has flavor and gets me buzzed.

Mattbho

I know in canada the commercial buds they machine trim it . Then run it threw pollinator (tuMbler). Some using dry ice as well

Then sell the flowers as AAA when you look threw loupe more than half the trics are missing.

Process the keif into concentrates and get paid 2x why not eh???

G y o ftw

CaptainDankness

I've been saying this for years and years and when i do, people jump right the f*ck down my throat.........weed in the 80's was way better than most anything available now. As a 30+ year grower and 40+ year smoker, breeding today comes down to sales and they care little about quality. Back then breeders really put in the work to do what was necessary to work for high quality stuff- today, they say they care and then take a strain out 1 generation and start selling untested seeds. LOL

People do not realize it's not about how high of THC level you can reach......top strains back then were in the low 20% and were all around better than days stuff. There are exceptions of course, but they are rare and almost impossible to secure.

Nevil was a breeding god (and had the contacts to purchase the best breeding material anywhere on the planet).
Yeah, I'm thinking breeding might have been done better in Nevil's day all together. They used to just smoke the bud to find the strongest weed, today it's all about THC numbers, when just recently they discovered THCP is 33 times stronger than THC. Basically them 12-15% THC strains didn't just seem like they had a better high, they were probably actually stronger than some of these strains over 20% THC.

Basically 20+ years trying to breed for high THC when just 1% THCP is stronger than anything on the market. Really a big fuck up in cannabis breeding, but those high THC numbers sell real good, just doesn't mean anything at all.

I guess now knowing about this cannabinoid, we will start seeing incredibly strong weed in the future. We just need to breed it before Sam The Skunkman patents it like a dick. :biggrin:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
You did it all wrong. Never buy pre-rolls. Never buy moonrocks. Never pay more than $50 an 1/8th. It's a tough reality, but commercial weed is trash in Cali unless you get it the first few days it drops at the store. Even then you may get some dried up boof.

yeah ... i'm not sure i'll call it trash... maybe gar=bage is a better word :) - but the packages/jars all had packing dates all in early jan, and i bought em at the end of jan... it seemed pretty fresh... but i'm going with you...it was TRASH...

'Boogieman'

Here in Indiana it's bright green brick weed or cali import and the Mexican brick is often better at half the price. That being said 5 or so years ago the weed coming from cali was absolute fire but something changed.