What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What happened to Sweet Pink Grapefruit?

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Grapefruit Diesel is also grapefruit dominate from terps side ...

ULMW

Found mine thru Chimera. Citra Paradiso has a couple nice phenos and the short squat expression was pure Grapefruit terpene overload. I have grown four citra paradiso and found it in my second grow. Currently got a Sweet Skunk leaning pheno expressing herself nicely but more of the lemony terpene present. Keep planting and hold strong to your quest for the SPG and it will appear, just keep trying. Happy growing!

Fuel

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"...not even close to any citrus strain...", "[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So where's the real Grapefruit? Short flowering and sweet a.f...with an indica turn."[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A citric SPG as fast than an afghani which don't stretch like shit with high yield ... that's the best demand ever you can formulate to be ripped with something absolutly not authentic ^^
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A citric SPG as fast than an afghani which don't stretch like shit with high yield ... that's the best demand ever you can formulate to be ripped with something absolutly not authentic ^^
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

At least that's how Alpine Seeds decribed it.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Found mine thru Chimera. Citra Paradiso has a couple nice phenos and the short squat expression was pure Grapefruit terpene overload. I have grown four citra paradiso and found it in my second grow. Currently got a Sweet Skunk leaning pheno expressing herself nicely but more of the lemony terpene present. Keep planting and hold strong to your quest for the SPG and it will appear, just keep trying. Happy growing!

I think I will go by the clone route. The Austrian guys are convinced of the authenticity of their SPG clone. So that would be the best bet for me to find out about that smell. Still some nice recommendations to take into consideration. And to Chimera: I know some hazes not neccessarily spread their fruityness in every cross in great ratios. Should have probably gone with the GF x BB anyway. So no downfall for you and me. Still thankful for the cookies!

Fuel

The more important in the story is to find the plant's profile you're seeking, no matter the name. If Alpine offer what you're searching, don't crush your head anymore.

IM$

one of the first seeds that I bought were dinafem SPG. The taste was amazing and the smell was on point. but the potency made me not keep it compared to other things I was growing at the time.

THC123

Veteran
I still have some SPG s1 seeds, I am gonna go to vienna to look for the original clone but flowery fields doesnt have it. ANyone in Vienna have it?

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
When did you was at FloweryFields? I grew the SPG from FF last time this Year. Maybe right now they not have her cause they moved their production to Italy, but she is still on their strainlist when you go on their website.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
picture.php

THC123

Veteran
Yes I have had contact with them but they are not offering the SPG at the moment. They still have it in their collection.

I will contact them again after a few months.

I had the mom for 15 years and I want her back. The S1 seeds are good and some resemble the cut 95% but it is that 5% of extra dankness that makes me want to grow the original clone again.

Robney

I ran a pack of the GFxSS as well and I found a crazy stinking plant, I could just shake her a little and the room would instantly smell like sweet, sweet candy citrus. Sweeter than grapefruit really. Wish I still had her. I think you just got unlucky and your pack was just filled with haze leaners, that's the luck of the draw really. When I have the space and time I wanna sift through a few packs and find the sweetest plant I can. Plus no auto flowering when root bound!

But if you can get the clone, do it!

Last edited:

Azaghal

Veteran
Hello everybody, :tiphat:

thank you for sharing this link Sarayidoja, very informative and
nice to hear that Alpine Seeds is still somewhat active !

Would like to share some humble photos of two different SPG hybrids grown this year. First outdoors, then in a small greenhouse.
Each hybrid is only represented by one plant and the picture quality is not good, sorry.

So to not go completly offtopic on your Thread Guy Brush,
one answer to "What happened to Sweet Pink Grapefruit?" might be, that different people developed different hybrids with the clone so her legacy lives on in many different crosses.
Do have to admit that GF X SS, Sweet Tooth etc. also sound very interesting.

First two pictures belong to a columnar Pheno of
Afro Sweet Mango (A.S.M) by Roms and his Atao Seed collection. Ancestry is ((Sweet Pink Grapefruit x Mango Haze ) x Swazi Rooi ) F2 or "Afro Sweet Mango : Sweet Pink Grapefruit Steve cut x Mango Haze (by Xpresso) x Swazi red P1."

Trugarez ma breur !

Pictures 3-5 do belong to a single
Swiss Erdbeer x Sweet Pink Grapefruit F1.

And a honeybee on a E x SPG male.

Do have a question since here are many knowledgeable people.

Acquired the Erdbeer X SPG F1 from a seedvendor called United Seedbanks.
Back then this seedvendor said in the description details that
Sweet Pink Grapefruit is a special/selected Phenotype of Northern Lights, if I remember correctly.

Does anybody know anything about this matter, are SPG and NL#1 more closely related ?

Would you say that their place of origin in North America might be quite similar ( The Pacific North West/(Vancouver) ) ?
Definitely do not know anything for certain, neither stating facts, just wondering and asking the community.

Cheers

Attachments

• A.S.M. columnar plant apical inflorescens.jpg
    A.S.M. columnar plant apical inflorescens.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 37
  • A.S.M. columnar plant side bud.jpg
    A.S.M. columnar plant side bud.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 37
  • E x SPG F1 side bud 1.jpg
    E x SPG F1 side bud 1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 44
  • E x SPG F1 side bud 2.jpg
    E x SPG F1 side bud 2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 40
  • E x SPG F1 side bud 3.jpg
    E x SPG F1 side bud 3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

THC123

Veteran
Since I can't find the SPG in Austria for the moment I will pop 5 SPG s1 seeds to find something similar to the cut...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anything else besides smell that is special on this plant? I have a C99 that is very grapefruit in smell and taste I guess too.

Got some gf x bb beans to get to someday.

:dance013:
Anything else besides smell that is special on this plant? I have a C99 that is very grapefruit in smell and taste I guess too.

The SPG is in own thing in itself. That linage from mikado from back in the day is what your looking for. Lots of beans out there if you have room, because others have pretty much done the work for you if you can pop beans to find it.

The real deal c99 is the pineapple pheno, and I don’t think that is a discussion for this thread.

If you’re looking for SPG, the cuts all over the world, plus there’s three or four handfuls of people/breeders that have IBS’s, let alone F2’s.

Get poppin brother if you really want it.:dance013:

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Found a Shop which has the SPG in Store for Pickup, bought a Aero Cloner at Bushdoctor in "Brunn am Gebirge" today and saw the SPG in their cloning chamber, it's just a few minutes outside of Vienna! :)

Peace

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tonygreen, these are derived from Catnip's grapefruit grail series, aren't they? What's the exact cross?

(NYCD x Agent Orange) x (ECSD x (SFVxChem BX))x Gorilla Bubble BX3

Was a loudog cross i got from him x my gb.
His cross was nyco from catnip. If you search loudog posts in my gb thread its in their.

T

TakenByTheSky

Lets fill that thread with some nice sweet pink grapefruit buds
View Image
View Image

Is this the old Canadian SPG cut? I just got what I was told is breeder Steve's SPG cut from Canada, I'm fairly certain it's legit and I know it produces some super grapefruity goodness but am looking for a few pics of the legit cut to compare.
Any veg pics?