What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What happened to Manic Botanix???

hambre

Hi, does anyone know what happened to that page? It had good info. When you try to enter the page, it asks for a password, but there is no option to get one.

Just asking.

hambre

He posted on IG that he's taking the website down a while back
Thank you, I don`t have them on IG, but at least now I know. Did they explain why? It was a good site to look for info, I didn`t agree on some topics, but they elevated the conversation a little bit more than most sites.

goingrey

Could you provide a link maybe? Or the handle? I'm interested in why it was taken down. Is there a book with that information? What happened to that intellectual property?
Nothing happened to the IP. It is still the property of the author.

The information can still be accessed on archive.org:

WOW, they even took the archive down!!! What the heck...
That's a shame.. I wish I had kept it... It was protected, couldn't copy anything off it, so any notes I did were all on the whiteboard in the growroom.. thats a storage room now, the board is gone..

hambre

That's a shame.. I wish I had kept it... It was protected, couldn't copy anything off it, so any notes I did were all on the whiteboard in the growroom.. thats a storage room now, the board is gone..
It is crazy, I can`t believe they could go that hard on a page of cannabis horticulture. I have never seen a page banned like that. They may have touched the wrong guy`s feelings, I guess.

It is crazy, I can`t believe they could go that hard on a page of cannabis horticulture. I have never seen a page banned like that. They may have touched the wrong guy`s feelings, I guess.
I found a thread on RIU where the original author of the book "integral Hydroponics" (G.Low) is shining light on why the site is taken down.

Basically, apart from people that are after knowledge, said author had to deal with pirates. Literally people taking his work, reprinting it and selling it as original. He has taken down his own work, sued whoever he could and is still chasing the internet archive for remnants of his work.

The author has given valuable information out for free, putting his own livelyhood at risk and is now hating on people like me and you because we belong to a certain demographic that he blames caused this to him.

Personally, I am after knowledge. I'll pay for it if I have to. But I can fully understand where he is coming from. I have personally seen loads of threads with his info plastered all over without any mentions of him. He is not even part of Manic Botanix from what I gather. He was just an author working for them(?) Something like that...

Last edited:

hambre

I found a thread on RIU where the original author of the book "integral Hydroponics" (G.Low) is shining light on why the site is taken down.

Basically, apart from people that are after knowledge, said author had to deal with pirates. Literally people taking his work, reprinting it and selling it as original. He has taken down his own work, sued whoever he could and is still chasing the internet archive for remnants of his work.

The author has given valuable information out for free, putting his own livelyhood at risk and is now hating on people like me and you because we belong to a certain demographic that he blames caused this to him.

Personally, I am after knowledge. I'll pay for it if I have to. But I can fully understand where he is coming from. I have personally seen loads of threads with his info plastered all over without any mentions of him. He is not even part of Manic Botanix from what I gather. He was just an author working for them(?) Something like that...
Ok, now I understand some stuff better, I was like WTH...
Well, that is crazy, I don`t know the context or the reality, but I would say, there is hundreds if not thousands of people researching and sharing without a problem new discoveries everyday, people who studied hard for this and share their knowledge and studies for free.
That knowledge of that page wasn`t from him, he just shared what others investigated, and it is fine too. We all do the same, I don`t care if someone mentions me or whatever, no need for clout or recognition (I don`t mean he was looking for that, I don`t know him or them).

Thank you for keeping us up on the thread, thank God there is plenty of us out there ready to share everything we know and ready to be wrong and correct ourselves with new info. Personally, I don`t have any studies or high level knowledge, to me, cannabis is just another plant like any other and I treat it like that, that page had some interesting stuff anyways, I remember a lot and I have written some sefull stuff.

Greetings from Argentina, God bless!

hambre

WOW, I am impressed, I log in to RIU and this shit is MASSIVE hahahaha, I didn`t even think about searching there, my God... Things are very complicated, I can understand why he is upset now. Well, it was good while it was up, now he gone, good for him. Cannabis can be a very toxic and ridiculous market, full of broscience and offended people.

Latest posts

Latest posts