What's new

What happened to 10 weeks or less?

Z

zen_trikester

I grow soil and cfl's so I always add a week or two for that since it is my understanding that hydro and hps make things faster. I also prefer 20-40% amber on most strains so I usually add a week or two for that as well. On most strains I run, that last couple of weeks translates to both ripeness and weight so it is worth it for me.

cuts run faster than seeds for me but not until the mom is fairly mature. I have been playing with my soil amendments lately trying to push up my weight a bit and I'm fairly convinced that the nute regiment can affect finish times but I am still testing that theroy.

As was said above running perpetual softens the blow to all of this. Once you have that rocking you don't really even notice a few extra weeks and it is easy to let them get nice and ripe without getting impatient.

Jed

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
I have found most indica dom. plants to be "ready" at 60 days. You can take them 10 days early, you can take them 10 days late.....

More than 9 weeks is insane, and takes a great deal of patience...especially for a cash cropper.

SuperHemp

I find large plants will flower faster than smaller plants.

If you have two cuts of the same strain, 8 weeks flower, and one cut vegged for 3 weeks, the other cut vegged for a week.. chances are the 3 week cut will finish in 8 weeks and the 1 week vegged cut will finish in 9-10. The plants like to be a certain size before they flower.. if they're small, they will prolong their stretch time.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try my 6-8 Week Sugar Cane Kush. Narcotic high. Turns dark purple. Dense. Can get bud rot indoors. Smells like GRAPE HUBBA BUBBA BUBBLEGUM.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Kubba's Bush also is done in 10 weeks or less, although I like to personally take it all the way to 10 weeks.

Make great Coffee smelling nugs, the buds are golf ball shaped, it is simple to grow, and in a room with low temps it will get purpling going on.

They are up at seedbay right now if you search: RVL

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always consider breeders' stated flowering times to be a challenge to outdo them by going longer. I'm encouraged to see that so many on this thread agree with me. A good local growfriend of mine made this very quotable quote; "There are three times to pick. Connoisseur Time, Commercial Time, and The Rent is Due Time". A person who has the growchops to keep a lady healthy and happy well into senescence can kick their product over into connoisseur quality (well above commercial) by adding an extra week or two.

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always consider breeders' stated flowering times to be a challenge to outdo them by going longer. I'm encouraged to see that so many on this thread agree with me. A good local growfriend of mine made this very quotable quote; "There are three times to pick. Connoisseur Time, Commercial Time, and The Rent is Due Time". A person who has the growchops to keep a lady healthy and happy well into senescence can kick their product over into connoisseur quality (well above commercial) by adding an extra week or two.

Great Post.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I've found that plants from seed always take a week or 2 longer than stated by the seed company but cuttings normally do finish around the stated times.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Green Crack boasts 7 weeks but I like 9. This one is Green Crack x Tangerine Haze - 43 days. I'll prolly chop at 65 days.

picture.php

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
glad to see the breeders chime in with their input......i have blueberryXnl running now and at 28 days has formed full colas...can be taken down at around 60-65 days and smokes nicely

Latest posts

Latest posts