What's new

What exactly IS Durban Poison?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Miss T said:
I could be wrong, but I think DurbanPoison was actually a Hybrid developed in California in the 70's from an African Durban and something else.
It might have been bred to an IBL but it certainly isnt IBL/Land Race to Africa, or it wouldnt finish so early in North America think about it.
Misty.

Durban Poison was indeed worked out in the USA alongside Swazi. :yes:

Durban Poison is a sativa bred out to act like an indica (just like yumbolt is)

Durban is NOT an auto-flowering strain!!

Hope this helps

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sam_Skunkman said:
Well you are dead wrong Miss T,
I bred the Durban Poison in the early 1970's in Cali and it was early from the get. it came from the 30th latitude and I did the work at the 37th. It was also small plants and hermi but I worked on it for a few years got rid of the hermis, and selected for big bracts, and spicy taste and high, as well as earlyness, and cleaned it up. No Hybidization, No acclimatization, just hard work killing all the rejects and keeping only the best for the goal. I did have a lot to select from!
BTW it is pure from S Africa, never hybidized, if you refer to my S.African Durban Poison, which has been around for many others to copy and/or hybridize from the mid 70's, until recenty when other S African seeds suppliers have also sold seeds from S Africa or with S African genes in it. My S African Durban Poison is early enough that it can be grown outdoors in the ground in Holland 53rd latitude if the winter is a bit late and moderate, maybe 30-50% of the years. BTW I have also grown many pure Durban seeds from S Africa that were not early like mine.
-SamS

That's gospel.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
urban said:
Durban Poison - 50N

Front-Durban Poison, Back-Maroc x Afghan
7249ca_322_y_krak.jpg

Durban
724921.jpg

I very like high this herb.

:headbange

Im from Denmark, 56 NL
How did it yeild for youand when was harvest date?
Any problems with mold etc?

If it can finish at 50 NL it might also be able to finish where im at. unfortunately not many pure sativas do.
We have a few land races that is sativa dominated but as far as i know, not may pure ones that can finish here so if DP can, then theres at least one.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Gunnarguchi said:
Im from Denmark, 56 NL
How did it yeild for youand when was harvest date?
Any problems with mold etc?

If it can finish at 50 NL it might also be able to finish where im at. unfortunately not many pure sativas do.
We have a few land races that is sativa dominated but as far as i know, not may pure ones that can finish here so if DP can, then theres at least one.

High,

I grew Swazi, not DP, and it finished very well in England and Norway, not only an early strain, but [as often with Sativas] no rot or mould problems at all.

The bottom half of SA is as far south from the equator as "we" are north, the climate is not so different, hence SA strains work well for us Europeans. I heard that Transkei is a very rainy place and that this weed/genes [I have only ever run into "Transkei Monkey Ganja"] is very good in wet places.

If the climate is a problem, consider a shaded crop, you can use dawn or Dusk to "do one of the shadings"