What's new

What does it mean when ur plant has hot pink hairs?

SpaceKiller

Afghan Hindu Kush,, pinky sepals

7253AHK38.JPG

7253AHK35.JPG

damn im so ordering some of this next run, that pink color is absolutely breathtaking, dont get me wrong there are plenty of other lovely pink pistils i see here.

but they arent producing those lovely pink colored buds either, just gorgeous. i never understood how such a beautiful plant one of the most beautiful in my opinion could be hated on so dearly.

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
What does it mean when ur plant has hot pink hairs?

Your plant has hot pink hairs.

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
I often observe bright pink hairs on outdoor plants ...many times on clones that have always had normal white hairs indoors . I remember seeing a pic/caption in an old Ask Ed or Jorge's rx that claimed stresses such as a caterpillar infestation had caused similar pink hairs .

T

THE TROOPER

this went pink outside but not inside at all...

stop posting your finger prints! even that partial will get you id with todays tech!

beautiful color! maybe somthing in the soil/sunlight combo makes it come out?

TT :ying:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ok so I planted some more seeds with pink hairs and she is of the Autoflower kind. sadly she only has pink hairs on the top of the cola. there is also another ladie with pink hairs this one is from a nother regular seed. all of them r outdoors.

I know pink hairs on a plant is no big deal but it sure looks cool.
but the one thing I have notest is the ladies Iv had with pink hairs seemed to grow trich sooner than the regular white haired ladies.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

OK so if you took the pink haired pheno from an f2 generation and inbred it with one of its siblings , what percentage of the f3 offspring would display the pink haired trait? anyone care to do the math for me?

JetLife175

Veteran
OK so if you took the pink haired pheno from an f2 generation and inbred it with one of its siblings , what percentage of the f3 offspring would display the pink haired trait? anyone care to do the math for me?

There's no set number. Its different with each breeding project. Different strains and donors pass on diff traits. Hell you might not even see it at all.

JOJO420

Veteran
They get that from the cold.
Then explain why I have seen pink, purple red, yellow, lavender and red colored hairs in Hawaii all the time?? I'ts not cold here.I see these colors in Summer here, so I think it is genetic more than environmental.Not saying the cold does not bring out the colors, but for sure it's not cold dependent.

lobsterbush

I think I remember reading in an ask ed column that colored stigmas are a recessive trait.
Where white stigmas=W colored=c. So if your plant carries one recessive gene (Wc) it may sometimes throw some colored stimas. However if you had a plant that recieved 2 colored genes (cc) all stimas should be colored.

That being said I believe as others have noted that cool temps may help to bring out the colors in a plant with 1 recessive colored gene.

picture.php

dark, blue, purple, red are colors of cold temp.
get pink when it's hot.

but it isn't true at 100%... it's just theory, and the practise is different
like some recessive traits, also are homozygous, and always repeat this trait in f2, f3, f4, f-all numbers... while you don't add other genes...
punnett is not valid for cannabis in the pracise, because traits are not managed only by 1 gene, are controlled by multiple genes.

theorical: pink hair x white hair = 100% white hair in f1 and 75white 25pink in F2
you try: pink hair x white hair= and in f1 you can find pink haired plants. ¿reason? who knows..

WelderDan

Veteran
imo pink hairs are prevelant primarilly in outdoor grown specimens. this trait is also very noticable while on a fresh bud, but after drying the hairs shrivel up and pretty much dissapear to the naked eye

I recently put a G13/Butterscotch Hawaiian mom outside after taking a bunch of cuts. She was pre-flowering pretty heavily and went straight into bud. Outside, she almost immediately started throwing out pink hairs. None of the indoor clones show any pink. First time I've ever had a plant with anything besides white or yellow pistils.

So I have to agree that it's more of an outdoor thing.

de145

I grow indoors under cfl's in incredibly overheated conditions and get pink hairs on two strains reliably. Also yellow on another, greenish white on one and regular white on most.

The strains with the pink hairs are always pink on the very top closest to the lights and the lower pistils are *not* pink on the same plant so I think for me it's something to do with stress or the heat or some spectrum in the cfl as clearly it's environmentally triggered in this case.

Latest posts

Latest posts