What's new

What do you listen to/watch while trimming?

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
Now if you are Biggie Smalls, you are getting head throughout the entire process. (which is what you do while counting millions, as well)
But I was wondering what everyone puts in the background during trimming...
I like a podcast called EconTalk (Life, Liberty, and Economics and Technology and economics, this is a good one even for non-econ folks. and Nassim Taleb on "black swans" Very good and A results-based (as opposed to intentions-based) approach on price controls)
and I sometimes listen to Berkeley lectures, which are FREE on youtube and iTunes music store. Books on CD are also good, but I only get them when I can pirate them. I listened to 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins during one trim session.

Just wondering if you guys have suggestions for listening material. Podcasts, youtube videos, whatever. I am most interested in "intellectually stimulating" material, but comedy, etc is great, too.

Back to work I must go! I think it'll be about 1.5 lb once everything's said and done! Could be a lot better, considering I'm using a thowie, but I believe most of my kinks are worked out now!

Peace

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Trimming I like music that is conducive to me singing along at high volume..... :D rockin with MC5 this morning so the plants can let off some steam lol

Comer to think of it, I pretty much listen to music when I'm planting/sitting/trimming/watering.... always music

I have hours upon hours of trance, house and techno. Usually helps keep me active and alert while trimming. Sometimes I'll put on Coast to Coast and listen to what America's science freaks have to say when it comes bizarre topics. Limited to ipod dock and the radio so streaming live is not an option unfortunately, however I am not one to complain.

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
I listen to assorted music cd's while trimming. As far as watching goes, I think my eyes are best kept on the job to avoid snipping a finger...ouch!

Peace

M

medi-useA

I LISTEN to Blade Runner...the movie is so well done one can follow it with the ears!

muA

H

HippyCrackTx

my new Beatles box set,new Alice in Chains,GnR (Jungle),Pink Floyd The Wall,Hendrix(best of),,,oh hell just put the ipod on shuffle already hahaha

H

HippyCrackTx

Trimming I like music that is conducive to me singing along at high volume..... :D rockin with MC5 this morning so the plants can let off some steam lol

Comer to think of it, I pretty much listen to music when I'm planting/sitting/trimming/watering.... always music

Hell yeah man a MC5 fan....sweeet!:wave:

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I LISTEN to Blade Runner...the movie is so well done one can follow it with the ears!

muA

Ahhhh Vangelis..... I have a rotation of movies that I go to bed "listening to" and Blade Runner is def one of them. Ninth Gate, and of course Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and Smiley's People

M

medi-useA

british radio shows like 'My Music'...'My Word' 'Hancock's half-hour'...
The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy'...the original radio recordings...

and ZBS's 'Ruby' radio series...

All great to listen to...

As is ANY AudioBook by Matthew Riley...'IceStation' being a great intro!

muA

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
This round....I'm listening to a television...who knows what the fuck is on, because I'm staring at my stupid boyfriend. A friend loaned us his salad spinner and it's just a really involved process (steps). Boring. Trimming is always boring...I hate it and nothing makes it better. It's nice to have a trimmer though, other than myself....thanks friend with spinner, you rock.

Latest posts

Latest posts