What's new

What Do You Guys Think About Sun System's New LUXOR Hood?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
No they are not reflectorized bulbs. they are a whole ballast and reflector system that runs the Phillips 400v high output double ended HPS lamps. They are what non weed growers choose, because when you are growing indoor tomato's there is no room for loss in inefficiency.
I think a wire cage or long cooltube would be better than that new reflector.

gavita
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPn4Lci9H9o

SICK!!!!!

im interested!

funny, the hoods look just like the PL hoods....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was looking These. the 1k model is the only one that has the different wattage setting. The 600 does not have that..

TB Gardens

Veteran
zeriouzly TC? i guess i need to keep researching into the gavita, everyone is harking about them.

...but for the time being, I want one of these Luxor hoods! nice find krunch.. now just tell me where VADO & i can scoop one without paying $400+ in shipping ;-) I need me a hood, or a couple, within the next two weeks.. so this looks super titties

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Wow, that Monster Gardens dot com website is awesome. Good prices too.

TB Gardens

Veteran
one thing that confuses me about the gavita is the size of the reflector. what is the recommended throw footprint for it? can u run a single lamp in 4'x4' and get even coverage all the way around? since there is no lens, and no air cooling, the trapped heat has to go somewhere, which is down towards canopy & then rises in the room. which means gavitas probably have to be mounted higher up, which means less lumens reaching canopy. or if u wanted to keep it close to canopy you'd have to blast A/C regularly. doesnt sound like the most efficient lighting to me.

i understand what the dude is saying with voltage loss from air cooling, he threw out a number like 25% which seems extremely high.. maybe if you were air cooling your hoods with frigid air, but I only have to use air cycled quickly to keep temps down. taking all that into account, it still seems like the most efficient way (other than VERT) is to use air coolable hoods, with NO a/c cycling thru, just fast air exchange. the lumens reaching canopy has to be greater with a hood that is dialed in & dropped just a few inches from canopy, than the lumens reaching canopy from a high mounted gavita.

thats my hold up on them, someone tell me off!

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
There are a cpl threads using those new lamps in the uk forum, the herbalizor & another guy which I can't remember the handle right now. They look like they doin a nice job.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
There are a cpl threads using those new lamps in the uk forum, the herbalizor & another guy which I can't remember the handle right now. They look like they doin a nice job.
I believe Agent Smith has just bought a dozen of them...-that will be a grow to watch

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i run all blockbusters..but i have one tray that i want to swap out for a new hood...was leaning towards 8in XXXL but might try something else..

Gavita sounds like the newwave of the future....might have to try her out too..

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Gavita is definitely a sweet setup. If I remember correctly what I read a while back about the Luxor was that the light pattern was very even throughout it's footprint, probably because it is virtually all reflected light. I don't see the direct vs reflected as a downside, actually. Every modern automotive high-beam lamp is all reflected light, and they are pretty damn effective.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
better have 12foot cieling cause them things look like 4 foot tall lol....

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
was thinking about trying to Gavita. then i realized, they are complete systems, with the ballast....

i don't need the ballasts, i have to many as it is....

going tomorrow to grab at least one Luxor hood, if there in stock as my store....

if there not, have to order through Sunlight Supply.....

Latest posts

Latest posts