What's new

What did you have for dinner tonight? Pleace show pic

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
MMMM

picture.php

Bumble Buddy

Food staples that powered great civilizations- corn, squash (seeds), beans: complete protien, tasty and satisfying! With salsa.

picture.php

S

spliphy

Food staples that powered great civilizations- corn, squash (seeds), beans: complete protien, tasty and satisfying! With salsa.

picture.php

were those dried beans or canned?...I am just discovering the goodness of dried beans and eating them with either maize, rice or bread/pasta to get the protein benefit you described.

the neat trick about this combination is this is how the Amerindians grew these too... the maize provided a pole for the beans to climb and get their light from the sun while the nitrogen-fixing properties of the beans fed the maize....the squash provided a nice ground cover for the other plants...quite a nice system!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'm digitally challenged just lately so I'll
just tell you it's gonna be top sirloin steak
with four eggs and some garlic toast.......

I made slow cooked pork sausages in tomato sauce, with corn and rice.

I cook most weekdays, as M works regular hours, and I can pick and choose. I'm ready to retire, but I still do a little work here and there. Mostly for the money, but a little for the fun.

Having steaks tomorrow, just made the marinade from scratch and set the meat in to soak. Maybe some scalloped potatoes and broccoli to go with it, we'll see what mood I'm in tomorrow.

I love to cook, and take great pride in whipping up a tasty treat for the family.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
darn i only got through the last 2 pages of this thread and im heading out to the fridge ,, great munchies guys ....

moth

BLT
Home style

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg