What's new

what contitutes a IBL(in-bred line)

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
IBL's are strains you want to use to create a true F1 Hybrid. True breeding strains are considered as IBL's. Something that has been grown several generations with certain traits selected along the way stabelizing the strain.

Some other IBL strains:

Deep Chunk (Afghan)
Kodiak Gold

Last edited:

Indica Jones

Cubing (BXing) is just that, its not inbreeding. tho it is a viable method (imo) of isolating a specific pheno.

So if a son had sex with his mother.........that wouldn't be considered inbreeding?

Last edited:

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Indica Jones said:
So if a son had sex with his mother.........that wouldn't be considered inbreeding?

this would be backcrossing. inbreeding is an scenario where a brother pollinates the sister. This is relative easy to handle with plants, while the human inbreeding can result in serious mutant kids...that's why this practice is not legal. So we have to make "out-crosses" with genetically different persons... in fact, most are already "polyhybrids" :biglaugh:

healthy & strong progeny can be expected if a nice lady from england is making kids with a strong afghani father, or a thai woman with a cannadian man. the outcome should be very good (no mutants) as long as there are no other general mistakes in a parents genetic.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll be hybridizing Deep Chunk IBL with an "F5 IBL" of (Mazar x lowrider) x (afghan x lowrider)

Now I hear Mazar may have Skunk crossed in with it..... :confused:

The F5 generation hasn't been tested yet, but the F4 generation was very stable (unknown ratios....) in showing pigmentation on calyxes and trichome stalks, smell/flavor, as well as the autoflowering trait.... F5 is expected to be at 100% autoflowering in the population and hopefully all the other traits remain part of the uniformity of the "IBL".....

Is this an IBL if it turns out to be true breeding in the upcoming F5 generation?

I think it is, but I wanted to hear others' opinions....

Last edited:
frosty, and yeah according to DP mazar has skunk #1 crossed in there... their later 'improved' version probably as more skunk #1 in there... I have a feeling some of these improvements are made when they lose their parent stock..